News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

matt9112

You know some very talented people were given a shoestring budget and told to make a show for animal Kingdom.

I won't sit here and mock what they did, make fun of it, or even really criticize it. I applaud KiteTails and all those who worked on it. I think what they put together is cute, fun, imaginative, and something that I can see my younger kids along with many other people really enjoying.

It honestly makes me a bit sad to read some of the comments both here and on social media. 😒

You cant just applaud effort....you need to have some metric of success. Im sure people did work hard on it. But it was a bad idea.....period. people sometimes pour there heart and soul into bad ideas.

Trauma

Great discussion in here.

I hope this is still running when I go down with my kids. They already watched a bit on YouTube and they love it.
Same for me, I really hope this is still running when I get there.

It will be a point of discussion for years to come.

When people are complaining about how bad something is years from now you will always have this story to tell.

“You think this is bad? Well back in my day they had this show called KiteTails…”

Dan Deesnee

You cant just applaud effort....you need to have some metric of success. Im sure people did work hard on it. But it was a bad idea.....period. people sometimes pour there heart and soul into bad ideas.

My entire point is that the people that poured their heart and soul into it likely worked with very tough circumstances and had to make constrained choices. A level of grace should then be given to them instead of just destroying them on social media.

Nothing like being given limited time, stripped away budgets, and a constrained environment to come out with a show by your bosses. Then you do the best you can and the end result just gets laughed at and ridiculed.

I'm far from a Disney apologist, but the level of toxicity in the fan community can be pretty rediculous at times.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Imagine opening a show that was a disaster BEFORE it even opened... So much a disaster that they PRE-RECORDED a "Looks like our friend Baloo is taking an unexpected bath!" score because they KNEW this would happen frequently. How do you JUSTIFY this???? lol

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Imagine opening a show that was a disaster BEFORE it even opened... So much a disaster that they PRE-RECORDED a "Looks like our friend Baloo is taking an unexpected bath!" score because they KNEW this would happen frequently. How do you JUSTIFY this???? lol
You seem to be very personally invested in hating this show.

I mean, it doesn’t look like a very good show, but jeez. Move on already.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You seem to be very personally invested in hating this show.

I mean, it doesn’t look like a very good show, but jeez. Move on already.
I’m bored, there’s not much to talk about these days, and this ones just too easy. Too much time on my hands, I’m not gonna lie.

I AM pretty passionate about the streamline of disappointments for the 50th and this is pretty high up there.

Zummi Gummi

I’m bored, there’s not much to talk about these days, and this ones just too easy. Too much time on my hands, I’m not gonna lie.

I AM pretty passionate about the streamline of disappointments for the 50th and this is pretty high up there.
I appreciate the honesty, and like I said, from what I’ve seen this doesn’t look very good (through no fault of the performers, though). If you’re familiar with the theatre industry, this definitely has the makings of a Carrie-esque flop.

For the record, I’m also disappointed at the glacially slow pace with which live entertainment is returning. But with this show, at this point, it seems like you’re beating a dead horse.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is it bad that I like the B mode kites more?

I wonder if all could be forgiven if they were to just add some long kite tails to those kites giving the show greater kinetics. Rework the show to make those kites a part of a larger story. A "magical" swirling vortex of colors that bring the stories of Jungle Book and Lion King to life or whatever after all, it is called KiteTails. The show should probably incorporate some. I'm a genius! You're welcome Disney!

mikejs78

Premium Member
Is it bad that I like the B mode kites more?

I wonder if all could be forgiven if they were to just add some long kite tails to those kites giving the show greater kinetics. Rework the show to make those kites a part of a larger story. A "magical" swirling vortex of colors that bring the stories of Jungle Book and Lion King to life or whatever after all, it is called KiteTails. The show should probably incorporate some. I'm a genius! You're welcome Disney!
AK needs a new nightime show.

Moka

This show will turn into seasonal mode (Holidays) real quick after the peak of the 50th. During that time, I'd imagine they're going to rework it big time. I hear they're adding a target to where it's supposed to land so it doesn't look weird to the audience.

In any scenario, I hope this show will just be an eventual bridge back to a nighttime show, but I'm not holding my breath. Animal Kingdom is never open late anymore.

Zummi Gummi

This show will turn into seasonal mode (Holidays) real quick after the peak of the 50th. During that time, I'd imagine they're going to rework it big time. I hear they're adding a target to where it's supposed to land so it doesn't look weird to the audience.

In any scenario, I hope this show will just be an eventual bridge back to a nighttime show, but I'm not holding my breath. Animal Kingdom is never open late anymore.
I really worry that adding a landing “target” will make this show even more unintentionally funny than it already is.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My entire point is that the people that poured their heart and soul into it likely worked with very tough circumstances and had to make constrained choices. A level of grace should then be given to them instead of just destroying them on social media.

Nothing like being given limited time, stripped away budgets, and a constrained environment to come out with a show by your bosses. Then you do the best you can and the end result just gets laughed at and ridiculed.

I'm far from a Disney apologist, but the level of toxicity in the fan community can be pretty rediculous at times.
I’m sorry to say this but if someone spent a lot of time and put their heart and soul into designing this show they are in the wrong business

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom