Disney Jr and Beauty and the Beast closing for refurbs in Jan 2013

WDWYankee15

My question now is are they going to remove June (From the Little Einsteins) from Disney Jr Play n' Dine at Hollywood and Vine? They have already debuted Sophia the First in the filming of the Christmas Day Parade this year so she already "exists." Doc McStuffins has not appeared as of yet to my knowledge.

Currently Handy Manny meets outside Disney Junior Live on Stage and is also part of Disney Jr Play n' Dine at Hollywood and Vine, so I wonder how long it will be before they replace him in those two locations too, espcially outside of Disney Junior Live on Stage.

Sophia the First...http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/sophia-the-first.856523/

T0Ugi.jpg

WDWYankee15

My question now is are they going to remove June (From the Little Einsteins) from Disney Jr Play n' Dine at Hollywood and Vine? They have already debuted Sophia the First in the filming of the Christmas Day Parade this year so she already "exists." Doc McStuffins has not appeared as of yet to my knowledge.

Currently Handy Manny meets outside Disney Junior Live on Stage and is also part of Disney Jr Play n' Dine at Hollywood and Vine, so I wonder how long it will be before they replace him in those two locations too, espcially outside of Disney Junior Live on Stage.

T0Ugi.jpg
bump

WDWYankee15

T0Ugi.jpg
???

WDWYankee15

I can confirm that Sofia & Doc will both be appearing in the park in the near future. I work in character costuming at DHS & my managers have been talking about how we'll be getting them soon for the past few weeks. They haven't mentioned a specific date, but keep saying "early next year" in the track talk every day.
Thank you for this information

hiptwinmama

I am starting to thinking "refurb" is Disney code for "We will save $X.XX by closing this for a month..." I honestly think this is just another clever way management has figured out how to save money in the slowest quarter in the slowest park...

See, and think it is " lets upgrade this to include the two hottest shows on Disney Jr so that we can sell a ton of merchandise in the park" Which I am happy they are doing because my girls adore both of these shows.

Biff215

Same reaction was had for Jake and the Neverland Pirates. It opened live on stage before the show even premiered.

The show actually premiered first on tv (February 14) with the stage version following that in early March of 2011. This should be similar to Sofia's debut. Our daughter is crazy excited about both additions, and she is/was a big Little Einstein's fan. This should make the show even more popular, which means we'll be standing out there even longer waiting for the show!

drew81

I can confirm that Sofia & Doc will both be appearing in the park in the near future. I work in character costuming at DHS & my managers have been talking about how we'll be getting them soon for the past few weeks. They haven't mentioned a specific date, but keep saying "early next year" in the track talk every day.

I heard Sophia but I didn't hear Doc McStuffins. That would only make sense to bring her as well.

Genie of the Lamp

Man I'm really going to miss Handy Mandy. He seemed like such a cool character and he is still somewhat popular and kids (well ones I know of from little cousins kindergarten class) so it kinda disappoints and saddens me to tears (no not the Steven Miller ones you see when vinylmations get sold). I guess they want to start enforcing even amount/number of characters in whatever they do. At the same time this is a show geared for the young/little ones at heart so they can only pay attention and focus for so long so I guess I can see why they sticked with 4 show characters/scenes and just went with that. Having said that I will still go and watch this show with pride and dignity while dancing my little buns off with the other excited/aroused children in the audience.

doctornick

Just an FYI, they are auditioning for an Ariel for VOTLM and a Gaston for BATB on Febuary 4th, so no doubt these shows are sticking around for a little longer!

If indeed LMA and Backlot Tour are destined to be closed in the near future for a Pixar Place expansion/Cars Land, I really don't see how they can close BatB or VOTM down for any extended period to change shows. At some point, there just is not enough going on at DHS to warrant the price of admission. Hopefully, they'd consider opening up the Hunchback theater for a show or bring back an attraction in the Sounds Dangerous space (is there any other non used space right now)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom