News Disney is Making a Disney+ Original Movie About the Creation of Disneyland

TP2000

They are ACTORS. Their trade is portraying someone that they are not. I don’t care if LMM took on a role as an Irishman. As long as he acted it believable. For that case, he played an Englishman in a role that Dick Van Duke created. Are you saying that he should not have been cast. If an actor can create a believable character well, then I’m comfy. Also, Directors and Producers might benefit if they had a role specific racial actor.

That Lin Manuel Miranda guy looks Welsh to me. He looks white. Like if I was a census taker and he tried to tell me he wasn't white I'd say "Uh, okay sir. Should I call you sir, or is it ma'am?"

This is probably why I dont work for the US Census, but still. 🤣

This isn't Oprah pretending to be Jackie Kennedy. This guy looks white. It's not a big stretch.

45384950-a6d1-4878-b47d-1e9d9e754f23.jpeg

Mac Tonight

That Lin Manuel Miranda guy looks Welsh to me. He looks white. Like if I was a census taker and he tried to tell me he wasn't white I'd say "Uh, okay sir. Should I call you sir, or is it ma'am?"

This is probably why I dont work for the US Census, but still. 🤣

This isn't Oprah pretending to be Jackie Kennedy. This guy looks white. It's not a big stretch.

45384950-a6d1-4878-b47d-1e9d9e754f23.jpeg
Please, no.

I'm really over the Lin Manuel-aissance. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but once I know this guy is involved, I suddenly lose complete interest.

Californian Elitist

His impact was buying land, Roy just made a big theme-park area surrounded by a lake and some hotels. This was not Walt's intention.
Right. Any kind of Walt Disney and WDW connection is very thin/weak. There really is none, besides Walt picking the land the property sits on.

Disney loves to pretend that there was more work involved on Walt’s end. Have you seen the Walt Disney statue they’re planning to put in EPCOT?

TP2000

The Magic Kingdom was sited by Walt. He intended for their to be a park, recreation and hotels in that area.

Yes, it looked like this on the WED planning documents when Walt died in December, 1966.

Walt-Disney-in-Front-of-Florida-Project-Map-EPCOT-Film-1966-1024x781.jpg

Walt dreamed up a place that was an exact cut-and-paste of Disneyland circa 1966, right down to the Flying Saucers, Nature's Wonderland, and Chicken-Of-The-Sea tuna ship.
Resort_Overview_Map.jpg

Except Walt also dreamed of plussing up the park experience by placing an Ice Rink and a Roller Dome just outside the park gates, because God knows that what people really want to do after walking around Disneyland for 10 hours is to go roller skating. Walt wasn't always a genius. ;)

TP2000

this looks like the old man in the neighbourhood that sits on his porch and hollers at you as you're walking to work or calls to the people across the street.

No kidding. That's exactly the vibe I got immediately. Is that really the statue they are putting in Epcot?

It looks so undignified. It's also kind of creepy.

lazyboy97o

Walt dreamed up a place that was an exact cut-and-paste of Disneyland circa 1965, right down to the Flying Saucers, Nature's Wonderland, and Chicken-Of-The-Sea tuna ship.
No, he didn’t. Master Plans often use existing work as a placeholder since it is accurate and known. Universal has absolutely no intention of building a mirror of Universal Studios Florida in Beijing even though it appears on the Universal Beijing Resort Master Plan.

TP2000

No, he didn’t. Master Plans often use existing work as a placeholder since it is accurate and known. Universal has absolutely no intention of building a mirror of Universal Studios Florida in Beijing even though it appears on the Universal Beijing Resort Master Plan.

Do you have any evidence that WED was doing any sort of work to build a different park in Florida in 1965-66?

I've never seen any.

We just really have the EPCOT '66 planning film Walt produced to use for EPCOT sponsors, with a big play to "American free enterprise" (Walt's words, which is a concept no one would dare say out loud today!). This film was produced in Glendale in mid October, 1966, about eight weeks before Walt died on December 15, 1966.

lazyboy97o

Do you have any evidence that WED was doing any sort of work to build a different park in Florida in 1965-66?

I've never seen any.

We just really have the EPCOT '66 planning film Walt produced to use for EPCOT sponsors, with a big play to "American free enterprise" (Walt's words, which is a concept no one would dare say out loud today!). This film was produced in Glendale in mid October, 1966, about eight weeks before Walt died on December 15, 1966.

A master plan is done before the specific work which is why placeholders are used.

TP2000

A master plan is done before the specific work which is why placeholders are used.

So... you don't have any evidence of any sort of work from WED in 1965 or '66 that had WDW's theme park looking any different than Disneyland?

Which would make sense, because I've never seen any or ever read of any.

Walt had nothing to do with Magic Kingdom Park, other than siting it as the "weenie" at the far northern end of the property. He wanted visitors to flow through EPCOT first, and get the sponsors their shot at impressing all the consumers before they got to the amusement park.

City%20of%20Epcot%2002.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom