Disney is going to price us out of the Kingdom..

erasure fan1

If I recall correctly, Disney is putting billions of $ into enhancing WDW ($3.5B?), with Star Wars, Toy Story Land, Epcot development, Tron, etc... as well as a lot of infrastructure. They are adding increased value to the experience and therefore feel justified to increase the ticket price a lot faster than inflation to experience it and pay for it. Between the IT stuff a few years ago (Magic Bands, FP+, MDE, etc) and the recent build outs, they've put many billions into the place.

Whether it's worth the new price and whether Disney invested wisely, only time and people's wallets will tell.
But the other side of the coin is they spent nearly 10 years jacking up the prices while doing almost nothing of substance. That is why I believe so many have a problem with the recent extreme price increases. We've already paid for all this new stuff, these increases are because they can, not because they need to.

unmitigated disaster

All the resorts I goto... they all charge the same menu prices week to week... not Disney.
I doubt that's true. Many of the resorts I am familiar with do what is called dynamic pricing, which is when prices can and do shift day to day depending on things like time of year and occupancy. Which is why low season rates (summer, in Tucson) can get at low as $99 a night and the highest of high season (Gem Show) can be $379 at my hotel. Sure, a Holiday Inn Express in Plankinton, South Dakota might be $109 year round but that's a different kettle of fish.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I doubt that's true. Many of the resorts I am familiar with do what is called dynamic pricing, which is when prices can and do shift day to day depending on things like time of year and occupancy. Which is why low season rates (summer, in Tucson) can get at low as $99 a night and the highest of high season (Gem Show) can be $379 at my hotel. Sure, a Holiday Inn Express in Plankinton, South Dakota might be $109 year round but that's a different kettle of fish.
Maybe the room rates change, but the cheeseburger with fries... sorry, the chopped sirloin with pommes frites... is still $19.95 no matter what day you buy it.

Not so at Disney, where the buffet and character meal prices fluctuate with the crowds on Main Street USA.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Key word in the post you quoted but missed in your reply... menu prices...

KBLovedDisney

70f84e85c638547edf88d1ffb1165b61cc0158196bfd6eaead202cb92c4c40ec.jpg

rk03221

I worked at WDW for a few years and I tell people this all the time; until the rich foreigners stop coming prices will only keep going up. It’s not going to get any better

SteveAZee

But the other side of the coin is they spent nearly 10 years jacking up the prices while doing almost nothing of substance. That is why I believe so many have a problem with the recent extreme price increases. We've already paid for all this new stuff, these increases are because they can, not because they need to.
This is very true. An old adage is that "the market sets the price"... i.e. the company can only charge what the market for their product will bear. I'm sure this is the reason for price increases. I'm saying that over the many years, prices have grown way above "cost of living" or inflation, but so has the product. I'd certainly be curious about what Disney's ROI has been for the parks alone, and certainly for WDW specifically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom