Disney is fading on me

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
This year I decided to only do 2 days, you know... They make cut back I make mine. Magic Kingdom was the worse day of my entire trip and the crowds are unbearable, on the other hand I had a great time at Epcot and wish I did both days there. The other parks can kiss my tucas. Anyone else feel the same way?

Cmdr_Crimson

I did a Solid two week trip out there..Every day I stepped foot into a park.....Yeah, the crowds were the worst of it but, It didn't affect me I was able to do my Fastpasses with no problems and if a line for an attraction was long I either waited or did something else......

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Don't worry, I still love Epcot even you know my 2 rides are gone and one possibly on hiatus. Just the rushing, the crowds and the chaos is not what I want to be dealing with on vacation, Epcot I can stroll at my own pace and just enjoy the place as is, relax and the crowds are spread out

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This year I decided to only do 2 days, you know... They make cut back I make mine. Magic Kingdom was the worse day of my entire trip and the crowds are unbearable, on the other hand I had a great time at Epcot and wish I did both days there. The other parks can kiss my tucas. Anyone else feel the same way?

Well! This is a complete surprise. I thought all your recent postings being hypercritical of WDW was just you're way of expressing affection for the place!

The Empress Lilly

The MK is a zoo. Visited by the worst theme park audience of any global Disney park, and permanently under attack from TDO. Somehow they managed to turn the world's greatest castle park into the world's worst.

Remember how one day you could sit on a bench anywhere, listen to live music in every land, and browse for antiques in LS and for flowers on MS?

DHS is a park I adored even a few years ago, but with the closure of the GMR it is now well and truly dead. The verdict on the new park is not in yet. But TSL and weirdo Mickey so far hold little appeal to me.

EPCOT's demise dates from a long time ago. The Pixar / Marvel / Princess park that is currently replacing it is fine. If you are DCA, that is. For EPCOT it is and always will be a disgrace.

DAK has improved though, I'm spending ever more time there. Like so many other fans my attention has slowly moved south west.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, we used to go several times a year back in the 1990's. Then it dropped to once or twice a year. Then it dropped to every other year in the early 2000's. Then we skipped the FP+/MDE install and fine-tuning period (2010 - 2016). Now, we're just going this year because the kids want us to experience F&W.

Those are our expectations... F&W. That's what WDW has become to us. My list of want-to-do's include It's A Small World (Blue Meanie edition), Unobtainium FastPass, Let Maelstrom Go, and Soarin' Thru Distortion. But if I don't get to ride them, it's ok.

Because I've limited my expectations to F&W.

OneofThree

Don't worry, I still love Epcot even you know my 2 rides are gone and one possibly on hiatus. Just the rushing, the crowds and the chaos is not what I want to be dealing with on vacation, Epcot I can stroll at my own pace and just enjoy the place as is, relax and the crowds are spread out

Epcot's dated ship has sailed, and is well on its way to sinking. I can stroll in a national park (or my backyard) to relax without having to take out a second mortgage. :D It sounds as though WDW has gotten to the point that it's no longer worth it to you. I understand that and actually agree with your point, but I guess we all haven't quite reached our threshold's yet.

ryguy

I like Disney for everything except the parks, when we go we usually don't go in the parks. We enjoy the pool and the restaurants. Rent a boat, mini golf, trader sams those sorts of things. The parks are stale. And truthfully without a fast pass the lines are a bear. The best part of UNI is their fast pass system, you can use on all the rides which is great. Of course you have to stay in the more expensive resorts but its worth it to our family. To each his own I guess.

OneofThree

I like Disney for everything except the parks, when we go we usually don't go in the parks.

This is telling I think. I cannot imagine paying the Disney premium on food and lodging if it isn't to take advantage of proximity to the parks. Objectively speaking, even the deluxe resorts are not the equivalent of equally priced (often world-class) competition, and even the signature dining is often fairly pedestrian (perhaps with a few exceptions).

I honestly don't see Disney addressing criticisms anytime soon, particularly crowd problems. If it keeps up, I suspect it won't be long before it's not worth it to us to deal with, but for every person who gets to that point, there's probably another to fill those shoes in line for 3 1/2 hours at Pandora.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The MK is a zoo. Visited by the worst theme park audience of any global Disney park, and permanently under attack from TDO. Somehow they managed to turn the world's greatest castle park into the world's worst.

Remember how one day you could sit on a bench anywhere, listen to live music in every land, and browse for antiques in LS and for flowers on MS?

DHS is a park I adored even a few years ago, but it is now well and truly dead. The verdict on the new park is not in yet. But TSMM and weirdo Mickey hold little appeal to me.

EPCOT's demise dates from a long time ago. The Pixar / Marvel / Princess park that is currently replacing it is fine. If you are DCA. For EPCOT it is and always will be a disgrace.

DAK has improved though, I'm spending ever more time there. Like so many other fans my attention has slowly moved south west.
Although Epcot can be a shell of what it was the World Showcase if anything hasn't changed a bit despite the rides which is a good way to drag the kids in and easily forgettable do to their hidden locations. Future World still has the land,
Epcot's dated ship has sailed, and is well on its way to sinking. I can stroll in a national park (or my backyard) to relax without having to take out a second mortgage. :D It sounds as though WDW has gotten to the point that it's no longer worth it to you. I understand that and actually agree with your point, but I guess we all haven't quite reached our threshold's yet.
no way I still love Spaceship Earth, Grand Fiesta, Test Track and Living with the Land

JIMINYCR

I get really frustrated with the excessive crowding thats occurring now too. It does limit what we used to be able to do and theres more wasted time standing in lines. MK is the targeted park for many so I know going in it will be a looong day and I have to plan better and make some choices about whats really worth doing.
EP has gotten to be the park I'm doing more at too because of the lesser crowds and frantic pace. BUT I have encountered some bad days there too!!! All of WDW has gotten more difficult. At this point though I havent given up on it entirely.

MinnieWaffles

I completely agree with a lot of these posts. MK is a mess, HS is half a park, Epcot is a bar, but AK is good and it is therefore my favorite. I just hope someone with authority is reading this and taking note. These posts are becoming more and more frequent.

Is it really, or is it as I suspect and people parroting other people's opinions? I do notice that quite a bit on the rumours board.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I completely agree with a lot of these posts. MK is a mess, HS is half a park, Epcot is a bar, but AK is good and it is therefore my favorite. I just hope someone with authority is reading this and taking note. These posts are becoming more and more frequent.
No more so than when I joined the forum years ago....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom