Disney is crazy expensive

BigRedDad

We are in our early phase of planning a Summer 2017 trip. I remember just a few (less than 5) years ago when you could go to Disney for $2,000 for a week. Now, with the ticket prices and nickel/diming, it is well over $3,000. Yes, there are places you can cut corners, but you are still impacted by the ticket prices.

We are currently running on the numbers. Since we will have not gone in 2 years, we are deciding to buy Annual Passes. This is due to the resort hotels going to insane prices, get free parking, and free Memory Maker. We just have to plan multiple trips in that AP year. We will also choose to stay offsite simply because the value of staying on property is no longer there. EMH is not much benefit because we usually avoid those parks anyway.

They cheapest of resorts is $1,200 for our initial week visit without a discount. This is at the All Star resorts. If a discount came out, it would still be $1,000. This puts us at $2,100 without food. Since there are no facilities at any of the non-DVC rooms, you are going to have to eat there. We bring our own breakfast foods and snacks. There is not enough space or easy way of having stuff for lunch, but lets assume you can. That means there is no additional cost for breakfast, lunch, and snacks since you have to eat at home anyway. That means dinners out. Going all out Mr Cheapskate, I could go for $2,500 for the most miserable trip possible to Disney World. That is cutting out all possible corners.

Yes, I know they have the "free dining" times, but most people with kids can't do it. Even then, you are still at rack rates on rooms and tickets.

Ricky Spanish

What do you drive, a Tahoe? I live in Indy and its going to cost me about 120 dollars round trip with my Altima. If we decide to drive the Silverado, its going to be about 200 dollars.
Like I said, $400-450 there and back including hotel stays.
Drove down this past spring,
Hotel was like $85 a night and gas was somewhere between like $175-210, 5 or 6 fill-ups, can't really remember.
Btw, 2013 Honda Pilot.
Great vehicle for road trips

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom