Disney is a struggling company. I don’t see an end in sight.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think there's a good chance the parks will be spun off into their own entity, because the buyers of Disney probably want nothing to do with their real estate + theme park businesses. I'd love to see what the vision for DVC and the parks could be with different leadership (tho obviously it could be much much worse also)
I'm not sure spinning off Parks to its own separate entity would be any better than someone else buying it. As the same mind set that some are against would still remain with the new entity.

Another saying that applies here is, grass isn't always greener....

Raidermatt

It depends on who would be a buyer in this scenario. For example would Six Flags be better for Disney Parks? We can't say, but not really confident it would be better....

So again careful what you wish for....
Eh, at this point I'm ready to take the chance. The parks are dying a slow death and this has been going on for years. The Chapek fiasco and the pandemic just compressed the timeline a bit.

I fully acknowledge that new ownership, in the form of larger company or a spinoff, could be worse. But it also could be better and I like those odds better than getting improvement from the status quo, even if they shed things like ABC.

WaltsTreasureChest

Eh, at this point I'm ready to take the chance. The parks are dying a slow death and this has been going on for years. The Chapek fiasco and the pandemic just compressed the timeline a bit.

I fully acknowledge that new ownership, in the form of larger company or a spinoff, could be worse. But it also could be better and I like those odds better than getting improvement from the status quo, even if they shed things like ABC.
Agreed. I won’t be surprised if the parks all close next year 😢😡

Raidermatt

Agreed. I won’t be surprised if the parks all close next year 😢😡
Well, I wouldn't go that far. They still make a lot of money and that isn't going to flip that quickly. So barring another "black swan" event, they won't be closing any time soon.

But sometimes a slow decline is harder to get addressed. Since we are using a lot of analogies, it's like the frog in the boiling water...

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Well I hope we don't really have to find out. I would prefer the Disney Parks remain under Disney stewardship alone without any outside company interference.

Personally the only other entity other than Disney I could see run it better is OLC. But I doubt they want to take on the whole division.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Are you saying that before Josh, park projects were built in a timely manner?
Not really, but the problem of longer than average construction builds has become more noticeable as there doesn't appear to be anything new of substance beyond reskins (Zootopia ITTAB retheme, Tiana's) and the Avengers ticket. Considering how many people already have put their money on a 2026-2027 opening for Avengers, that would mean with current park build timelines, the next major thing after that for DCA (likely a Hollywoodland revamp) won't be happening until 2030 or beyond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom