Disney institute

ulto22

Original Poster
I once heard there was a Institute for kids during the day. Can someone direct me with some information.

crazygirley

http://www.disneyinstitute.com/

I didn't know this existed anymore, and I think it is something different now. I doubt they offer the same "kid friendly" activities that they once did. I had a stint at the Disney Institute once about ten years ago... when it used to be where Saratoga Springs is now. I don't know where they do it now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Institute of the mid 90`s was another of Eisners bright ideas after he experienced something similar in the real world (much like he did after he saw Riverdance and thought of a parade full of pixies...but I digress)

It was decided to renovate a lot of the original WDW Village resort / Lake Buena Vista and turn it into a resort where you could learn - kind of like all the Educational parts of EPCOT Center but in the resort you stay at. It had quite an impressive list - from cookery to archery, animation to rock climbing.

As crazygirley above said, in recent years the Institue closed and Saratoga Springs was phased in, removing most of the original LBV architecture with it. The link above seems to point to the corporate version of the same theme. Same logo too. This wasn`t the original Institute though; the resort version was for everyday guests, not corporations.

maelstrom

When I was a lot younger, I attended a day camp at the Disney Institute called "Art Magic". We got to colour a cell, go backstage at costuming, and meet a lot of cool people who I'd appreciate a lot more now. There was another program having to do with theatre. I think I still have the information packets from the program. I don't think they do anything similar to this anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom