Disney Inspired Rooms

Morganificent

Original Poster
I was surfing around and came across dizstyle.blogspot.com and the creator Monique has some awesome Disney inspired room including Indiana Jones and Blue Bayou.

I think this is such an awesome idea, and would love to do Disney inspired rooms in my house one day! I'm wondering if anyone on here has done any Disney rooms. What did you do? What do you want to do? What ideas do you have? Share your pictures! :)

EvilQueen-T

when my daughter was 15 or 16 my son had left home and she decided to take over his room. we redid it from the floor up with the idea based on the question what would captain jack sparrows "cabin" look like. we focused on an adult poc feel and used elements from the ride and movie (black pearl was the only one out at the time). we did dark wood floor, walls a brick red/maroon, we painted an old wood mirror gold and put multi colored jewels around it, painted some inexpensive plates gold, added lots of beads, a barrel as a night stand, and model ships. there are things like an anchor on the wall, a compass, and ships bell for decorations. we used jewel tones for bedding/curtains, and some jewel toned fabric we had from a party that we used to cover her shelves... we used a lot of different photo frames and put up a few photos from the movie that we took off the internet, one of captain hook (who in miniature is also on one of the boats), a few of maps, candles in silver gothic looking candleabras, a silver bowl with fake green apples (a nod to barbosa's obsession with the apples), we have a some whimsical things like a stuffed dog with the keys and a poc flag we got outside the ride. there's a gold plaque on her bedroom door that says captains quarters and a 5 foot tall dirty looking skeleton hanging from her 4 poster bed...he's wearing a prom dress, jewels, a crown, and has a sword sticking out of his middle. we had a blast doing it and would do it again no question. it's taken a bit of a beating over the years (she's had it that way for about 6 years) and i can't seem to find the photos from when we first did the room and it looked its best. we used a lot of things we already had and revamped them like we had a statue of a wolf i think it was so we spray painted it gold...kind of with the idea of the huge pile of treasure on the island in the first movie.

EvilQueen-T

sorry, here's some pics

when we first did the room she had a loft bed. we had a silkier looking bedspread and red satin ties with swords in the center as tie backs for the curtains. there was also a bronze-ish colored chandelier and a cute rug on the floor which both went away when a year later she got the big bed (which yes is to big for the small room but is a piece of furniture she plans to take with her when she finishes grad school). the cloth on the shelves has taken a bit of a beating over the years but really held up well for a lot longer than i'd thought it would. anyway here are some pics of how it looks now.

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Morganificent

Original Poster
Those are awesome pictures EvilQueen! I love how you guys went all out, you really paid attention to the "Disney details" we all adore. I tihnk the room turned out incredible!

EvilQueen-T

there's someone else on these boards that did their basement like pirates and must have the heart of a carpenter because it's AMAZING. i don't remember what the thread was called tho.

Prince-1

Great job on the room. My son would love it!!!! Our basement is totally Disney themed but not the one you are refering to.

Goofygirl07

Awesome POTC room! My fiance and I just bought a house and were going to be doing the kitchen in Disney. The walls will be red and the cabinets white...does anyone have any other ideas??

When we go to WDW for our honeymoon I will for sure be stopping at DTD to look at their kitchen stuff!

EvilQueen-T

Awesome POTC room! My fiance and I just bought a house and were going to be doing the kitchen in Disney. The walls will be red and the cabinets white...does anyone have any other ideas??

When we go to WDW for our honeymoon I will for sure be stopping at DTD to look at their kitchen stuff!

i'd add some black accents to work in some hidden mickey's.

dizstyle moki

For the hidden Mickeys (as mentioned above) you could get the same color paint in a flat and a glossy finish. Paint a few spots with flat paint around the room, mask a Mickey silhouette over each spot, Then paint over the room in the gloss. When you remove the masking, you will have flat paint mickey designs that show up in certain light and angles.

VDisneyFan18

I have a Mickey bathroom the walls a re blue and the shower curtain has his pants gloves and shoes and head the same shaped are around the mirror with matching soap dispenser toothbrush holder and soap holder

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
when my daughter was 15 or 16 my son had left home and she decided to take over his room. we redid it from the floor up with the idea based on the question what would captain jack sparrows "cabin" look like. we focused on an adult poc feel and used elements from the ride and movie (black pearl was the only one out at the time). we did dark wood floor, walls a brick red/maroon, we painted an old wood mirror gold and put multi colored jewels around it, painted some inexpensive plates gold, added lots of beads, a barrel as a night stand, and model ships. there are things like an anchor on the wall, a compass, and ships bell for decorations. we used jewel tones for bedding/curtains, and some jewel toned fabric we had from a party that we used to cover her shelves... we used a lot of different photo frames and put up a few photos from the movie that we took off the internet, one of captain hook (who in miniature is also on one of the boats), a few of maps, candles in silver gothic looking candleabras, a silver bowl with fake green apples (a nod to barbosa's obsession with the apples), we have a some whimsical things like a stuffed dog with the keys and a poc flag we got outside the ride. there's a gold plaque on her bedroom door that says captains quarters and a 5 foot tall dirty looking skeleton hanging from her 4 poster bed...he's wearing a prom dress, jewels, a crown, and has a sword sticking out of his middle. we had a blast doing it and would do it again no question. it's taken a bit of a beating over the years (she's had it that way for about 6 years) and i can't seem to find the photos from when we first did the room and it looked its best. we used a lot of things we already had and revamped them like we had a statue of a wolf i think it was so we spray painted it gold...kind of with the idea of the huge pile of treasure on the island in the first movie.

Is that a hidden "jeff corvette" i can see in those pictures ?

dizstyle moki

Ah, no problem! I love your website! I'm also totally loving the Disney inspired outfits you've done on Polyvore, hope to see more of those!

thank you! I love those too! My husband and I are going to DL for D23 this month and I've already designed some graphics for clothing. He wont let me share it before he shares it on his own blog...LOL... but I am dying to show them.

McClane713

I talked my wife into allowing me to theme the basement bar to Indiana Jones when we moved into our first house in October. My plans for it were too big and expensive, so I negotiated the rights with her to also allow me to theme the library. In return she can do whatever she wants with the rest of the house. So I have an Indy themed library instead, and the basement is currently Halloween themed, but little by little it's going to turn into the Haunted Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom