Disney Infinity Reboot [ONGOING]

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Disney Infinity Logo

Disney Infinity is (in my humble opinion) one of the greatest game series of all time, and the best toys-to-life series ever. From 2013 to 2015, Disney Infinity brought creative fun to players of every age, from kids playing through Play Sets to adults building massive Toy Box worlds. The cancellation of the series in 2016 brought sadness to fans around the world.

With this project, I intend to outline what a potential reboot of the series could look like, including new Play Sets, Toy Boxes, characters, and general game infrastructure. I welcome any questions, comments, concerns, or feedback you may have!​

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Artboard 1.png

A New Beginning
In the fall of 2021, Disney announced something major. Disney Infinity, the popular toys-to-life video game series that ran from 2013-2015, would be rebooted. This new game wouldn't be a "4.0" version, but instead a complete refresh of the series, rewritten from scratch for the latest consoles. Branded as simply "Disney Infinity," it dropped the "x.0" naming scheme of its predecessors. Due to the performance requirements of this new game, it would be released only for specific desktop consoles. The Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5 were all supported; anyone else was out of luck.

With the decrease in popularity of toys-to-life games, and the radical reboot of the series that this new game would be, Disney scrapped the physical Disney Infinity base, figures, power discs, and play set pieces. Instead, all of the game's content would be accessed digitally, and could be unlocked in-game, purchased via DLC, or unlocked via later updates. In addition, character organization was changed, play set design principles were overhauled, and performance and stability were massively improved. A massive amount of new characters, set pieces, and more were added.

This new game wasn't just a new game, it was a new beginning for the entire series.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If there’s no Switch version what would be in its place?
I considered putting it on Switch, and since this is all theoretical, a Switch version coming out after launch is still in the realm of possibility. My reason for not having a Switch version is that the Switch is simply underpowered compared to the Xbox One and PS4, and even more so compared to the Series S|X and PS5. With the technical requirements of this new version of the game (which I will go into in more detail later), the Switch wouldn’t be able to keep up. I love the Switch, but I sadly don’t think it would be able to handle the full version of the game. A Toy Box only version, limited version, or 3DS-style port would still be possible, though.

Twilight_Roxas

Like a Switch version of Disney Infinity has a original story mode involving the Disney multiverse that is on the verge of collapsing by a original villain that recruited other villains while Merlin recruits heroes throughout the multiverse, and save all worlds.

Twilight_Roxas

Sorry for the multi posts, but I forgot to mention that all three should have two different starter characters with Peter Pan since he was meant to be in Disney Infinity thanks to the artist choice till the series was cancelled.

PS5= Percy Jackson, Calhoun, Peter Pan
Xbox X/S= Ariel, Goofy, Peter Pan
Switch= Emma Swan, Homer Simpson, Peter Pan

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sorry for the multi posts, but I forgot to mention that all three should have two different starter characters with Peter Pan since he was meant to be in Disney Infinity thanks to the artist choice till the series was cancelled.
That's a good idea, but with this reboot all characters are digital, and because the storyline is the same between consoles, the starting characters will be the same as well. They'll be revealed soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom