Disney in September

Hello everyone! Planning a surprise trip for my stepdaughters 16th birthday. We are going right after Labor Day and I am wondering if anyone knows what the crowds will be like. Is it really light as i have been told by some folks in passing. I know its a long ways away and lots can happen inbetween now and then. Look forward to hearing from yall!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It should be one of the least crowded weeks of the year. That being said, attendance has really picked up as of late so don't be surprised if the parks are still busy.

Upvote 0

hammer2979

Original Poster
Yea lots of things have been changing. Went as a family in early june 2013, didnt think it would be light but not as heavy as it turned out to be. Then again there was the rain. But you just have to make the best of it as we did!

Upvote 0

Mickey81

We went in mid September 2013 and the crowds was very light. It was great. Just hot and love bugs to deal with. We're going again this september and hope for equally light crowds. Have an awesome trip.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

We were this is September 2013. Crowds were light during the week and very heavy on the weekend, especially in the MK. That being said....I think that September is the hottest and most humid month in Disney and I have been there in June, July and August. We went in September because people told us that the weather was pleasant.....surprise! Hot.....Hot....Hot and Humid Humid Humid....I mean dripping sweat humid. Just prepare and be ready for it. Bring a squirt bottle and be sure to hydrate. There are plenty of places to get in out of the heat. I always walk through the stores on Main Street. I always find that Hollywood Studios is the hottest park...not sure why? Maybe all that cement and no vegetation. Go slow, take frequent breaks and enjoy time by the pool although when we were there, the pool water was 90˚ so not very refreshing. Maybe the water parks are better. Enjoy your trip and Disney is fun no matter when you go. :cat:

Upvote 0

Kosmo1986

The crowds should be moderate. September is when things 'start' to cool down in Florida but its pretty hit or him and it is always humid. Considering that the weather in Florida is HOT about 7-9 months a year, it is hard to get around it.

Upvote 0

BigHero4

My family went September 2014. Crowds were light to moderate at MK and DHS. We made it through both parks with a single stroller without problem. Standby wait times were around 20-30 minutes for most rides. More popular rides were around 60-70 minutes in SB line.

Weather wasn't too hot - probably about 85ish with a couple quick showers in the afternoon. One day of monsoon rain in the afternoon (don't let that discourage you - keep going!. We got on A LOT of rides when it was raining because everyone else hunkered down out of the rain to stay dry). All in all, a very good time to travel to WDW.

Plus you'll get to enjoy the MNSSHP if you buy the tickets!

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Should be pretty quiet. We've done September the last 2yrs but have done end and middle if September for opening weekend of the good and wine festival. It gets crowded that week.

Upvote 0
Sometimes we've seen a couple of attraction closures for routine maintenance, as Disney take full advantage of the lull before the Holidays.
The plus points are great weather, empty parks and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Fabulous time of year for great deals, cheaper flights!
Oh, and there's the amazing Magical Dining Month that offers amazing 3 course meals for around $33 per person at Orlando's top restaurants.

The only downside? That crane goes up around Cinderella Castle to put the Holiday Lights in place.

Upvote 0

draybook

It really depends on how you define "light". There is really no light season any more, but the September crowds are not even close to being as bad as other times of the year. The first two weeks of September are good because the back half brings the Food and Drunks festival crowd.

Upvote 0

melmel89

It's one of the most quiet times to go, we always go then we went in June once and the crowds seemed insane compared with what we are used to!

Upvote 0

Matt in the Hatt

we went the end of September last year. it was great. after fast passes and going at park open the longest wait we had was like 30 minutes to meet mickey, Minnie, an goofy at epcot. the weather was great except the beginning of the Halloween party it stormed like crazy but only for a couple hours maybe. great time to go I would say

Upvote 0

Redsoxfn79

It really depends on how you define "light". There is really no light season any more, but the September crowds are not even close to being as bad as other times of the year. The first two weeks of September are good because the back half brings the Food and Drunks festival crowd.

Right on the money. I was surprised mid September two years ago as it was slammed but it was a free dining week.

Also if there is free dining it brings the masses. Free food or buffets are the real dreams of many. And it will increase the crowds as people will plan their trips around it...

Upvote 0

WedwayPM

Honestly, we go every September during free dining and have never experienced 'the masses'. Ever. The only time it was even moderately busy was at Epcot during F&W opening weekend and Saturdays at MK. I've been the last week of May and it was WAY more crowded. But the worst is Christmas week. Never again...never....again.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

It is horridly HOT! It didn't use to bother me as much but last year I was wringing wet with sweat! We have been late August - Labor Day in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014, and are booked for this year. Crowds are lighter, but not as much on the weekends, as the previous poster stated. Still good, but nothing like the full dead 10 days it was a few yers ago. That being said, even with the heat, it is still my favorite time to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom