Disney in October

DisneyPrincess5

Hey all!! :wave:

It's been a bit since I've been active here so I'm happy to be posting!
We just visited Disney this past May and had a great trip!!!

Were thinking about going in October of 2012 but we've never been at this time before-thoughts on this time?
Were thinking about the first, second, or third week. How's the weather? Any deals?

BigRedDad

It is during the Food and Wine Festival. Weather can be all over the place, but usually in the 80s. We had great weather last October we went.

Upvote 0

macsmom

We'll be arriving on the 25th of October 2012. Last time we went in October - around the same time - we had 80-90 degree weather, the usual afternoon showers and a great time trick or treating with the kids - someone elses, not ours! The parks are decorated for Halloween. On Halloween itself, there were activities set up at POP for the kids and even we had fun.

I totally recommend going then, in case you can't tell! I was going to be there October 1 of this year, but had to cancel. So, I booked for next year. Go, go, go!

danna
:D

Upvote 0

xoJuicyyStarr71

October is one of my favorite times to go! The weather is perfect (not too hot, but not too chilly). There's also all the Halloween decorations set up, plus you can go to MNSSHP, which is always fun :) Plus the crowds are generally low, since most kids are in school!

Upvote 0

ejeremy98

October and November are by far the BEST times to visit WDW.

1) It's during the Food and Wine festival at EPCOT Center which is unquestionably the best special event Disney offers. Plan plenty of time at Epcot if you are going during October.

2) The weather is usually quite good. Hurricane season is trailing off. The temperatures aren't as hot as florida summer months and not as cold and rainy as the winter months. I've never had bad luck with weather this time of year.

3) Crowd levels are typically lower in october and early november than many other times of the year.

4) Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Don't miss this event at the Magic Kingdom. you don't have to dress up for the party. They give out free candy and crowd levels in the magic kingdom are far lower during this party as the park officially closes early and only those guests who paid for the party tickets can remain in the park. If you have young guests they'll enjoy the halloween theme and the halloween parade. It's a must do!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

October is a great time to visit the parks. Like others have said, the weather is so much easier to deal with than it is in the summer here in Orlando. Early October we're still in the 90's, but as the month passes, the temps cool down and the humidity goes away, so later on in the month usually is a great time weather wise.

During the week, the parks are not crowded at all, with the exception of Epcot with Food and Wine Fest taking place. The weekends will be busy and MK will be busy on days that they have Mickey's Halloween Party.

If you're into haunts on the adult scale, there's other options for that in October as well.

Upvote 0

moonchild925

I generally alway go late sept early oct for the f&w fest. I wouldn't go at any other time. Crowds are manageable. Weather is not oppressingly hot and prices are low. Free dining usually offered around then too. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Like many other fellow posters, we too go in October for the Food and Wine Festival! Weather is, in my opinion, soooo much better than the spring/summer, and crowds (other than the weekends) are alot less as well. Weather is normally in the 80s during the day, and 60s at night. Last year, was a fluke though, weather was in the 90s. I HIGHLY recommend October!!! Have a great time!!!!

Upvote 0
Agreed. October was a beautiful time a year to go. Can't beat the Food & Wine Festival, especially with Free Dining. We used our snack credits!
Temps were in the high 80s, the sun was pretty intense, so we took plenty of breaks & water.
Crowds were good, the only day that sucked was a "Give a day get a disney day"
Halloween party was very crowded but worth it. But make sure you pick the right costume. I thought it would be a good idea to go as a Hogwarts student, sweater and all. NOT a good choice. :)

Upvote 0
We've been the first week of October. We had very mild temps (for FL anyway), 70's and by the end of the week we needed a light sweater in the evening. If Disney does as it has in the past, you might be able to catch the tail end of free dining. Of course, it usually ends by October 3 or so. Maybe go the last week of September into the first week of October?

I'm curious to know...do you book your Disney trips it yourself or with a travel agent?

Upvote 0
Oh my...I just made our reservations for October 2012 with Disney about a hour ago!

I LOVE that time of year. Food and Wine Festival is fantastic! The crowds aren't what they usually are during the summer and the weather is still warm/hot.

Staying at the Beach Club and Poly this time....and we can't wait!

Upvote 0

GeoDonJac34

We have gone every October since 2003. We enjoyed that time of year so much, we decided not to change. Food and Wine fest, Eat to the Beat, plus usually very good weather, and not so crowded parks were enough for us. I think you will enjoy.

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

Welcome back stranger ! Love, love, love going last week of Sept - 1st week of Oct. Since my birthday is Oct 1 I go from the last Sunday in Sept. thru 1st Sunday in Oct. This will be my 6th or 7th October trip and the weather has been almost perfect every time. Hot ?, yes but not that knock you down miserable hot. Pleasant hot. And that's from someone who despises the heat and Summer. Rain has been almost non existent. Crowd levels are usually very good. E tickets still get a bit backed up but not triple digit backed up (except sometimes TSMM and Soarin). You have to try MNSSHP. AND you have Food and Wine going on !!! Try Oct. sometime. I'll bet you make it your new favorite time to go.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

October is my favorite time of year to go! We went last year for our anniversary weekend and, aside from a busy Saturday at Epcot, everything was just peachy! My husband and I visit during the second week of the month (our anniversary is the 8th.) Weekends at Epcot tend to be busier during F&W but nothing to the level of summer crowds. The weather was fantastic! You might get a shower here or there but the heat and humidity are very manageable. Also MNSSHP is a blast! The Boo-To-You parade is one of my absolute favorites.

You will have such a great time in October! :wave:

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

I will chime in with the samething everyone else has said. Weather is awesome, although the last time we went, we dealt with a little more rain then I am used to. Crowds are even better, I think the longest wait was maybe 30 minutes and that was for Peter Pan. Food and Wine is a lot of fun. We really enjoyed ourselves and tell everyone to consider going around that time frame. We will be back the 23rd of this October, so I will let you know if anything has changed. :wave:

Upvote 0
I agree with what everyone else has said - October is a spectacular time to go. The Food and Wine Festival is amazing, and MNSSHP is well worth going to.

The weather is typically quite nice, although last year when my husband and I were there for our honeymoon, there was a bit of an unusual heat wave. We'll be there this year for the last week of October, as we were last year. It was a lovely time of year to go.

Upvote 0

ArtieJim

Loved my trip last October. The weather got hotter and hotter as the days went on, peaked at about 92, which considering what it could be is not so bad. The Food and Wine Festival was awesome and the crowds were pretty sparse. I'd love to go every October.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
we would love to go during October to the the halloween party. really, it would be great to do the last weekend in october and first in november to see both the halloween and christmas decorations and do both parties!!! have fun and im sure the weather would be great!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom