Disney in May?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Make sure your phone can handle multiple interactions with the My Disney Experience app across an entire day in the parks -- you'll want to have sufficient battery power to sign up for boarding groups, check ride line times, order and report for your counter service meals, check in for your table service meals, and maybe even open the door to your resort room.
...and more. Coming soon.

NelleBelle

If all the rides turned into virtual queues via FP+ (or similar)with no standby, what in the world would you do with all that time in between your rides? There are no shows/entertainment. There are times when we can only get one or two rides scheduled a few hours a part and then the last one is late afternoon, depending on the park. No thanks--I think that would finally be the straw that breaks my back and WDW would be off my vacation list, keeping me at DLR.

aliceismad

We went for a week in mid-May 2019. It was the perfect time. Warm but not sweltering, great for afternoon pool time and walking in the parks in the morning and evenings. There were some rainshowers. Remember your ponchos and extra shoes. Crowds and lines were very manageable, although I think this year's crowds are unpredictable considering the circumstances. Epcot was lovely with all the flowers about. I would happily go in May again.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Early May was our jam for a long time. Once the kids were old enough where missing school that late meant missing exams, we started doing in September, then January, then a few times in October, then late May.

NOTHING beats early May. We'll be there again for the first time in early May (3rd - 14th - first couple of days at Uni) in 60 or so days. Can't wait. Weather is great - like others have said if it rains it rains for a few minutes then it's gone.

Crowds were always low\moderate. Don't know what it's going to be like now, but we're looking forward to it. That much I can tell you. :cool:

Enjoy!

We went in early May of 2018 and it was great! It was a convenient time for us to go. It was warm (high 80s/low 90s) but not oppressively hot yet. It rained a bit on arrival and departure days, but that's it. I remember checking the Orlando weather the week after we went and it rained buckets. The F&G decor at Epcot was beautiful. The crowds were manageable, but since we're not regulars I don't have a great frame of reference for that. It was my 1st trip as an adult and 1st trip I planned. I hadn't been since 1997 and I was just thrilled to get to go back and see my husband and kids experience it for the first time. We'd like to go back, but not until everything is back to whatever post-covid normal is going to be. Hopefully next year.

Raxel7851

Early May was our jam for a long time. Once the kids were old enough where missing school that late meant missing exams, we started doing in September, then January, then a few times in October, then late May.

NOTHING beats early May. We'll be there again for the first time in early May (3rd - 14th - first couple of days at Uni) in 60 or so days. Can't wait. Weather is great - like others have said if it rains it rains for a few minutes then it's gone.

Crowds were always low\moderate. Don't know what it's going to be like now, but we're looking forward to it. That much I can tell you. :cool:

Enjoy!
We enjoy going the first couple weeks in May. We’ll be there the 2nd week this time staying at the GF to cross it off of our bucket list. It’s a little discouraging that as of today the MK is only open until 6 PM. But it is what it is with the pandemic. I understand that. Hopefully once things start returning to more normal, the parks will be open later. Gotta love the parks at night!!

MaryJaneP

Isn't April-May love bug season in Florida? When in May do the love bugs normally disappear?
When enough cars smash them! As for advice, as frequent late April/early May, regulars, our advice is the basic advice and reminiscent of prior advice, do what you can and do not plan too much. There is only so much you can realistically do and even that should exceed your expectations so you exit happy. It is WDW. Try to enjoy the experience and savor what you accomplished rather that rue what has to be left for your next visit. Good luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom