Disney in March

love disney

Just found out it looks like I will be taking another trip to MK in March. I know it starts getting really busy/crowded in March due to Spring Break, but is there much of a difference between the first and second weeks of March? It looks like my possible dates are 3/4-3/7 or 3/6-3/9. Any thoughts? Thanks!

NewfieFan

Just found out it looks like I will be taking another trip to MK in March. I know it starts getting really busy/crowded in March due to Spring Break, but is there much of a difference between the first and second weeks of March? It looks like my possible dates are 3/4-3/7 or 3/6-3/9. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Spring break crowds roll in around the 12th but before that it's pretty good. The only exception would be the weekend of the 6th and 7th (it's marathon weekend). So, if you have the option I would go the 4th to the 7th. It might be a little slower leading up to the marathon as opposed to after.

Upvote 0

Toveck

Anyone know about the last week of March, that is leading up to Easter this year? We have gone the last 3 years in the 1st to 2nd week of June, so we know how the crowds are then. What would be the comparison of the crowds between the 1st & 2nd week of June and the last week of March?

Also, is it expected to be less crowded this year due to the economy? I know that we had to change some ADR's for this trip and I had no problem at all getting LeCellier and Chef Mickey's. There were many available timeslots for both.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

I think it gets quite busy starting on the weekend of the 13th. That is when many schools, especially in FL, start Spring Break. The last week of March will be less crowded than the week after, but expect heavy crowds. The economy has done nothing to slow down visitors.

Upvote 0

Toveck

Yea, we're expecting heavy crowds, but are curious at to what exactly to expect.

Since we have gone in early June for 3 years, we know about what to expect then, but is the last week of March as busy, busier or not as busy as early June?

I know there will be less heat, which should make the crowds more bearable.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Toveck,
We are going that same week. Arriving on March 26 going home April 3 (or 4 not sure yet). I told our girls...'be prepared for WDW to be like it was at Christmas"...then if its only like summer crowds they will be happy.

Now whats the weather going to be like???

Upvote 0

timeman

If you are planning on going the the week leading up to Easter, expect it to be really busy. You could so a search on this forum from last year detailing the week before Easter which was on April 12th last year. There were multiple closings of the Magic Kingdom the week leading up to Easter. There were even some Phase 4 closings on some of the days. This is the forum posts about April 7th with the closings.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=426433&highlight=easter+week

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Thanks. I figured it would be really busy. That's why I told the girls it would probably be as busy as our Christmas trips...generally we spend Christmas Day in MK, so they would be prepared for crowds. We always get up at the crack of dawn to be at the early entry's well in advance of opening. And we are going back in July.

This wasn't our first choice, but my husband's company got bought out by another company...his tenure transfered over but when it comes to picking vacations...that didn't! He gets the most weeks of anyone in his dept....but he is the 2nd from last to pick...so that really limits when we can go.

Upvote 0

plaz10

As a college student...I went last year during my spring break in March.
It was not crazy crowded. Average crowds I would say.
TSMM was the biggest wait and with working the fastpass and catching some E ticket rides during parades/fireworks show...we were able to hit everything with little wait.

But pack a hoodie and jeans because last year it was abnormally cold and i found myself chattering by nightfall (even with a hoodie and jeans!) have fun!

Upvote 0

jerseygirl407

Easter is April 4th this year and the local (Orange County) public schools are closed the week before -- but most private schools are closed the week after.

It seems like schools are pretty split btw spring break weeks.....and altho it was crowded I don't remember it being overwhelmingly busy either week last year.

And, yes, check the weather forecast -- you never know after the cold snap we just had!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I think that you should be fine traveling either one of those weeks in March... With Easter being the first week in April, I would think that crowds wouldn't start really picking up till mid or even the end of March!

Have a magical time!

Upvote 0

mr_braver23

We always go the second week of March. Coming down the 6th this year(March). Crowds the last three years during this time are great compared to the "summer" months. Even with Spring Training going on it doesnt seem to affect the crowd levels at the park. Although ADR's this year seemed to be fillied up more. Who knows! Hope to see ya there!!

:wave::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

As NewfieFan pointed out, some Canadians will be on March/Spring Break the week of March 15-19, so expect to see a ton of Canadians start arriving the 12th or 13th. Sadly, I won't be one of those Canadians this year. :cry: Have to wait until March Break 2011 for our next trip. :brick:

Doesn't sound like this should affect you anyways, since you said you are going the 1st or 2nd week.

Upvote 0

goofbaal

We will be there from 3/13 - 3-20 it's Spring Break in Texas :sohappy:. Our brother and sister in laws and there kids arre going for the first time. We were there last spring break and the the weekend crowds were very heavy. During the week it wasn't that bad longest wait was about 40 -45 minutes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom