Disney in Brunswick County rumors discredited

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
When did Magic Kingdom construction start?

Edited to add. Foundation to drain the area started in 67. Actual park construction started in 1969.

I certainly wouldn't hold your breath on this. All signs point to no new Disney theme parks in North America. Even Iger said no new parks.

Parker

I may be wrong. But I really believe the source. The person knows every major construction project going on in the SE part of the state.

I wouldn't trust your source on this one. They've openly stated that there will be no new Disney parks in the forseeable future. Maybe it is an amusment park of some kind, but a Disney park is pretty much outta the question. Any chance that they are just fooling with you, knowing you are a Disney fan?

Parker

I wouldn't trust your source on this one. They've openly stated that there will be no new Disney parks in the forseeable future. Maybe it is an amusment park of some kind, but a Disney park is pretty much outta the question. Any chance that they are just fooling with you, knowing you are a Disney fan?

Its not a joke. Could be misinformation, but we'll know in 90 days.

Sosai X

the truth

Disney is actually purchasing the South of the Border complex in Hamer, SC. The original owner died, and the property is in contention between his heirs. The resort will serve as a way station and rest location for people driving to WDW. Disney Vacation Club points will soon be available for use at the resort. Here is the logo:

http://www.nametagmuseum.com/disneypedro.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Disney is actually purchasing the South of the Border complex in Hamer, SC. The original owner died, and the property is in contention between his heirs. The resort will serve as a way station and rest location for people driving to WDW. Disney Vacation Club points will soon be available for use at the resort. Here is the logo:

http://www.nametagmuseum.com/disneypedro.jpg

That's hardly the major construction site that Parker was rambling on about. :rolleyes:

Texas84

Decided I should search before posting this. Glad I did. I told my sister I would get hammered if I posted this.

Rumor has it Disney was scouting real estate near Greensboro, NC and along I-95 just last week. Personally, I don't buy it but this is apparently big in NC right now.

KentB3

Decided I should search before posting this. Glad I did. I told my sister I would get hammered if I posted this.

Rumor has it Disney was scouting real estate near Greensboro, NC and along I-95 just last week. Personally, I don't buy it but this is apparently big in NC right now.

I-95 goes nowhere near Greensboro. I-40 and I-85 are the two interstates in the city. I-95 runs by Fayetteville, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, and Lumberton; just to name a few places! :animwink:

Anyway, I am so suprised at how prevelant this rumor is and how long it goes around! On another forum, I learned that there had been rumors of Disney planning a theme park in the Wilmington, NC area as far back as the late 1980s, and that the site planned in one version of the rumor from the time was on Eagle Island, near the Battleship Memorial, with a Disneyland/Magic Kingdom-like park planned as the first theme park.

Hope this helps! :)

WDW Monorail

Anyway, I am so suprised at how prevelant this rumor is and how long it goes around! On another forum, I learned that there had been rumors of Disney planning a theme park in the Wilmington, NC area as far back as the late 1980s, and that the site planned in one version of the rumor from the time was on Eagle Island, near the Battleship Memorial, with a Disneyland/Magic Kingdom-like park planned as the first theme park.

That is *sort of* true.

:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I've been told its a theme park.

Well....it's just about 90 days isn't it....waits with baited breath.....:lol:

With as well as theme parks are doing (see Six Flags....) and HRC opening a park 70 miles south of this location, I won't be putting my money on this horse!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom