Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

Lee

Adventurer
I'm not in marketing. I don't agree with marketing, and I don't like what they've done with the company. I understand what they did here.

Has anyone here ever read the parable of the sour grapes?
I've heard the fable...don't get the connection.
Lay out your position for us...make it easy.

WED Purist

I've heard the fable...don't get the connection.
Lay out your position for us...make it easy.

The fox couldn't get the grapes, so he justified the fact that he didn't have them by saying that they were probably rotten anyway. I honestly believe that some of the stuff people complain about here would be different if they were the ones invited to the rare moments. I noticed it first with the "mommy bloggers" being able to pour out the 20K water into the Mermaid stream. The chance to see the dragon carries the same feeling. In my opinion.

Lee

Adventurer
The fox couldn't get the grapes, so he justified the fact that he didn't have them by saying that they were probably rotten anyway. I honestly believe that some of the stuff people complain about here would be different if they were the ones invited to the rare moments. I noticed it first with the "mommy bloggers" being able to pour out the 20K water into the Mermaid stream. The chance to see the dragon carries the same feeling. In my opinion.
Nah...I don't think there's much if that going on at all.
Most people are fairly impressed with the dragon and think it should be a regular nighttime show in FL.
They are annoyed because that isn't the case.

And I don't think anyone is jealous of the mommy bloggers. Most just wish such a thing didn't exist in the first place.

No sour grapes.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Most people are fairly impressed with the dragon and think it should be a regular nighttime show in FL.

And I don't think anyone is jealous of the mommy bloggers. Most just wish such a thing didn't exist in the first place.

No sour grapes.
Exactly.

WED Purist

But why the hype to everyone else. It's like they are teasing us.

Why promote something that nobody is going to be able to see?

I don't know, and I don't pretend to defend the marketing division. I don't agree with what they did, I just understand it. Except for the whole build up, which I didn't watch.

WED Purist

No sour grapes.

Fair enough, but I still think individual opinions would have changed if those people were at the events described.

WED Purist

But if you only had one chance...why do it at all.
No point in doing something like that once, especially after hyping it so much to your hardcore fan base.

I disagree. It was an amazing thing to watch, and if you could do it once why wouldn't you?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I disagree. It was an amazing thing to watch, and if you could do it once why wouldn't you?
But why advertise it at all. Let it be a surprise to the people that ARE there instead of teasing everyone with it and then saying "Sorry, you'll never get to see this" after the fact.

jdmdisney99

I am still going to remain a believer that this will be used at the announcement tomorrow of Cars Land, Avatarland concept art, and a Sleeping Beauty ride in New Fantasyland. (There was a SB crest on the castle walls, remember)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom