Disney Hotel and Disney Grand Calf

jbarteau

Original Poster
All

I heard a rumer that since Disneyland Hotel in under rehab that they might open up some of the Disney Grand Calf for extra points as a disney collection. We are going in Sept 2011 on a disney cruise and was thinking about staying there.

Has anyone else heard this???

Thanks everyone :)

slappy magoo

I've heard nothing, but I'm also not sure I follow you. If you're saying that DL may open up even more rooms in the Grand Californian to be used with DVC points, while the DL Hotel is being renovated, as part of the Disney Collection, I'm not sure that's such a great thing. Staying in a GC Studio Villa uses far fewer points than staying at either of the other DL resorts on points as part of the Disney Collection. A week in the Villas of GC in Adventure season is 129 points. A week in a Paradise Pier room in SUPER Value Season (2 weeks in Jan, late August thru most of September) is 187 points. 203 points for the DL Hotel.

Now, if the OPPOSITE were true, if they were allowing DVC members to use points at the other DL resorts, but at the same point values as using points to stay at GC Villas, that might be at least a little exciting...and even then, I'm not sure how exciting that would be; I've not been to DL in over 30 years and have never stated on site.

dizzney

Definaitely get more iwth your points at GCV than in the hotels, and you have the advantages of DVC. When we stayed at GC in 2008, it was a beautiful hotel, BUT my kids missed being in a DVC villa. Stay at GCV!

tjkraz

This came up at the annual meeting.

The Disneyland Hotel is currently undergoing substantial upgrades. As such, the number of rooms being made available for DVC point bookings is much smaller than normal.

Meanwhile, the only standard-size rooms available at the Grand Californian are the 30 or so Studio villas.

DVC management was asked if they would be able to secure more standard guest rooms at the Grand Californian while the Disneyland Hotel inventory was limited. They did seem somewhat prepared for the question and said they were looking into it, but nothing further has been revealed.

GrimGhost

This came up at the annual meeting.

The Disneyland Hotel is currently undergoing substantial upgrades. As such, the number of rooms being made available for DVC point bookings is much smaller than normal.

Meanwhile, the only standard-size rooms available at the Grand Californian are the 30 or so Studio villas.

DVC management was asked if they would be able to secure more standard guest rooms at the Grand Californian while the Disneyland Hotel inventory was limited. They did seem somewhat prepared for the question and said they were looking into it, but nothing further has been revealed.

Hey Tim, are you saying 1BR's are not available at all at VGC?

tjkraz

Hey Tim, are you saying 1BR's are not available at all at VGC?

No, there are studio, 1B, 2B and 3B villas available.

This is just an overall capacity issue. With Disneyland Hotel having less inventory to offer to DVC members booking on points, they were asked if they could arrange for members to book some of the standard Grand Californian rooms on points when the villas are full. Nothing was said about how many points would be charged or if it would even happen.

greebomusic

We're scheduled to visit in a month. We were told that GCV was full so we booked at DLH with points. Is it vastly different?

GrimGhost

No, there are studio, 1B, 2B and 3B villas available.

This is just an overall capacity issue. With Disneyland Hotel having less inventory to offer to DVC members booking on points, they were asked if they could arrange for members to book some of the standard Grand Californian rooms on points when the villas are full. Nothing was said about how many points would be charged or if it would even happen.

Ah, got it, thanks. Do you know if people are having success at 7 months?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom