Disney Honeymooners,lol

DiPSU224

If you can't be silly and wear goofy hats in Disney World, then where can you be? I am all about wearing the bride ears and definetly will be when we go on our honeymoon next May. I bought the bride ears when I went on Senior week to Disney back in '99 with the hopes of wearing them one day as a bride. Besides, getting married and starting the beginning of rest of my life with the person I love is something I want everyone to know. :sohappy:

EvilEmperorZurg

honeymoon hats

I can tell you from experience of wearing the hat and my wife wearing her veil. We had a great time. I can tell you me were upraded to a view of the boardwalk over spoodles on the first night of our honeymoon. When we came back from our cruise we were upgraded to a tower room at the contemporary. Also in each room there was pictures signed mu mickey and minnie and another from cinderella. I know that it is a little silly but it was well worth it considering the upgraded rooms.

DisneyFreak529

RoninHood said:
How many people think seeing couples at wdw wearing mickey wedding viels and top hats advertising they just got married look silly and stupid.
:rolleyes: do i really need to know this.

Who cares what you think!! I'm not tring to be mean but let us Honeymooners have our specail time together. If we want to wear the hats, that is our choice.

When we went on our Honeymoon we wore them everywhere. You know what we got a lot of stuff free! We went to a stand in Disneyland and ordered a large soda, the women said, "OMG did you just get married!!" We told her that we were on our Honeymoon and we just got married a couple of days ago and she gave us 2 large sodas for free. Minnie was leaving an area, when the women with her saw us there she said, "Minnie wants the Honeymoones to get a photo before she leaves. That is Minnie's wedding gift to you." We got a photo with Minnie when we weren't even in line waiting for her.

Check out my photos there are a couple of photos of us with Charaters and our hats!

BigNorm

Saw alot of them last week and all I could keep thinking was: "I know what you did last night." Even so, I think it's quite charming.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
RoninHood said:
How many people think seeing couples at wdw wearing mickey wedding viels and top hats advertising they just got married look silly and stupid.

No, silly is wearing a cowboy hat in Manhattan, silly is wearing a John Deere baseball cat at the mall, I could keep going.....

diddy_mouse

I plan on getting a pair of ears. :D I think I've convinced the fiance that he'll look cute in them. Whenever I'm at WDW I always smile at the honeymooning couples...now I smile knowing I'm one of those couples.

Marge10369

I see people wearing, goofy hats with ears, christmas tree hats that light up, birthday cake hats that also light up,stitch hats, mouse ears in many versions...so whats so bad about the bride & groom ears? Each to his/her own and just enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

HunnyPot

I've always thought it was cute. I wanted to go to WDW for my honeymoon, but my DH took me on a cruise instead. We did go to DL since our cruise was of the pacific and left from LA, but we didn't wear the hats. Now though, every time we're at WDW and see a couple in them, I comment about us not coming to the World.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
RoninHood said:
You made two big mistakes.
First putting this topic on this site made about as much sense as someone starting a "Six Flags over Georgia is superior to WDW in every way" thread on this site. Nearly every person on this site has a very personal connection to WDW and the traditions that come with it. If you did a poll I am confident that a huge percentage of the members here either did honeymoon at WDW, want to, or wish they did. I got married o Disney property and honeymooned at WDW, wore the top hat and wouldn't of had it any other way.
Second, the wedding and the honeymoon are all about the bide. Does everyone need to know you just got married? In the brides eyes YES! Most girls think about their wedding and honeymoon from about the age of 5. If your future wife wants to honeymoon at WDW and wear the ears and you do not, my suggestion would be to man up wear the ears and enjoy yourself and let her have her day.

Edeyore

SpenceMan01 said:
I'm going to WDW for my honeymoon in January of 2007, and we WILL be wearing wedding ears. I don't care what anyone has to say. I don't see people complaining about people that wear the "It's my birthday" buttons or the birthday cake hat... what's the difference?

Do you ever wonder, what would happen if you went up and kissed one of
those girls wearing a "Kiss Me I'm Irish" pin, at St. Patrick's Day?

Nemo14

RoninHood said:
As opposed to the people who wear next to nothing????

jws25

RoninHood said:
I think a honeymoon should be a private thing ,like on a tropical island.
and besides its like them showing off to to other people ,ooohhh look i got married ain't i special.:hurl:

Okay, I have to say that I generally agree with this guy, and the OP, except...

We did have our honeymoon on a tropical island, and it was PERFECT. We stayed for a week, and then headed to Orlando and stayed at WDW for 4 more days. We are the "stay out of the spotlight" types, so we didn't tell anyone at the World that we were honeymooning. We did, however, ask a cast member to take our picture with our camera while we wore the stupid hats, which he did, but we didn't buy them. Looking back, and seeing all the accounts of people who got special stuff and upgrades, I have to say that I regret not making more of a spectacle of ourselves. I love free stuff! We told no one, and we got nothing.:(

Jenny

poohbear6103

I just got engaged at Disney and as part of the way he proposed, he got me a Minnie headband with a veil on it (that he told me he got at some store on mainstreet). I wore it that day since I had it with me because I was just so excited about what had happened. I also took it to Epcot the following day so I could take a picture with it on at the Imagination pavillion and e-mail it to my friends as a way to "break the news" without having to call them. They thought that was clever way of letting them know.
I must admit I did feel a little silly wearing it at first but I figuered that is the only place in the world where you can get away with something like this so you might as well enjoy it and not care what other's think. I did notice when I got home that the pictures that had me wearing them also were the pictures where I had the biggest smile :)

ZapperZ

I don't see this as being any different than people wearing the buttons saying it's their birthday, etc. I am one of those who would wish them congratulations or happy birthday. Such simple words that cost nothing, and yet I know for a fact that they can make someone happy (or happier). I get carried away (or along) with the Magic of WDW, and I see no reason not to be part of the joy.

People forget that being silly, childlike, etc. is "normal" at such a magical place.

Zz.

Aurora_25

RoninHood said:
Umm, I wore that veil all on my Disney Trip so obviously I didn't find it stupid. I enjoyed wearing it and being proud that I just got married to my prince. Just because it isn't for you doen't make it stupid.
I also have to say we got alot of "goodies" that way....Not that it was the reason for me to wear it, but it just made our honeymoon that much more special....

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
RoninHood said:
-on a broad perspective-
if you think this is a silly and stupid tradition then you need to go ahead and throw out any and all things that people wear on their sleeve (or head) so to speak. this kind of thought can apply to millions of things in the world.
-on a narrow perspective-
like others have said, sure it is silly. not stupid. it is no more silly then wearing a normal mickey hat on your head as an adult. and yes..... GUILTY. :lol:

kellydisney

OK OK I'll probably be flamed to heck but...

I am sorry, but there are far more things in Disney that I see that offend me than a happy couple wearing their wedding ears!

Let's discuss "Disney Style" for a minute shall we? We just got back from our vacation and some people look as if they didn't even take a look at themselves in the mirror before leaving their room that day. Mismatched clothes, too tight shorts, mullets, packs for the entire family, fat girls in bikinis, men in speedos at the water parks. :hurl: Honestly... the happy couple in their wedding ears was not even a thought for me as I waded through this fashion nightmare. :eek:

RoninHood

Original Poster
Sledge said:
I can't believe that's coming from a Raiders fan. Who are you to judge what looks silly? :lol:

fanphotos42.jpg

img_1604_5195_1.jpg

COOL,THANKS FOR THE PICS,AWESOME!
And oh ,by the way ,how bout them cowboys,guess they got scalped,lol.

Nuff said. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom