Disney Honeymooners,lol

SpenceMan01

KerTggr said:
I totally agree that a honeymoon doesn't need to be private on an island. A honeymoon should be what you as a couple want it to be. I've had friends and family who have done the island thing. Some loved it, some hated it. I've had friends and family who have done the WDW thing. Haven't ever heard any complaints.

I want WDW, she wants 'someplace exotic', she suggested a Disney Cruise. I can't think of a better way to spend a honeymoon... now I just need to get a ring and propose... :lookaroun

kellydisney

Spence, get that ring boy!!

Recommendation: don't buy from a mall store. They are ridiculously overpriced because their consumer is not as educated on diamonds. If you have a jewelers building in your nearest city, sit down with a good jeweler to go over your options. This is a huge investment and you don't want to get screwed on a price. After all, it is just a rock when it comes down to it. But it's a rock she'll wear forever :)

MKCustodial

I spent 2 years planning my WDW honeymoon. Even got some rates from Kingdom Konsultants. In the end, I had to give in and buy furniture for the house. Go figure. :lol:
In any event, I'll definitely have a second honeymoon there, and you bet we'll be wearing those top hat and veil ears!

DisneyFreak529

kellydisney said:
OK OK I'll probably be flamed to heck but...

I am sorry, but there are far more things in Disney that I see that offend me than a happy couple wearing their wedding ears!

Let's discuss "Disney Style" for a minute shall we? We just got back from our vacation and some people look as if they didn't even take a look at themselves in the mirror before leaving their room that day. Mismatched clothes, too tight shorts, mullets, packs for the entire family, fat girls in bikinis, men in speedos at the water parks. :hurl: Honestly... the happy couple in their wedding ears was not even a thought for me as I waded through this fashion nightmare. :eek:

:lol:

MKCustodial

kellydisney said:
Mismatched clothes, too tight shorts, mullets, packs for the entire family, fat girls in bikinis, men in speedos at the water parks.

I didn't know men wearing speedos was so frowned upon in the US! :lol: Nobody ever said anything to me when I was at the water parks. Then again, not that I know off... :lookaroun Not that I won't continue wearing them, mind you. :cool:

epcotisbest

I think if you are so bored that you have time to be concerned with honeymooners and how they look, you just don't understand the magic. Is there a list somewhere of approved fashion accesories I should consult before the upcoming December trip? :lol:

brich

Back on topic...
I don't find anything wrong or silly with the mouse ears on the newlyweds. We didn't honeymoon at WDW but we did stop at Disneyland. We didn't wear ears but we did make up t-shirts just like concert shirts with the dates and places we were going listed on the back. We got lots of compliments. So for me to say wearing something to commerate such a wonderful occasion as silly would be silly. I personally think it's old but I respect those who wear them simply because they are excited, they are proud and they are at Disney... :sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MKCustodial said:
I didn't know men wearing speedos was so frowned upon in the US! :lol: Nobody ever said anything to me when I was at the water parks. Then again, not that I know off... :lookaroun Not that I won't continue wearing them, mind you. :cool:
Banana hammocks are very frowned upon in the US. We tolerate them during swimming competitions only. Even if you have the build to pull it off don't do it! Stop in any department store and pick up a pair of board shorts. :lol:

kellydisney

OK Master Yoda, you are all knowing... where is the bowing emoticon??

Banana Hammocks are a definite no no. I don't care if you're AHNOLD I am just about as attracted to a guy in a speedo as that guy in the speedo is to the 250 lb chick in the string bikini or thong. :eek: :lookaroun :hurl: :rolleyes:

We must be kind to the delicate eyes of our children too... :wave:

MKCustodial

Master Yoda said:
Banana hammocks are very frowned upon in the US. We tolerate them during swimming competitions only. Even if you have the build to pull it off don't do it! Stop in any department store and pick up a pair of board shorts. :lol:

Well, I certainly don't have the build for it, but I never wore something that could be referred to as a "banana hammock"! :eek: :lol:

If those board shorts are what I'm thinking, that's what surfers wear, right? In the 90's, it kinda became fashion. I always hated it, cause it'd leave your thighs totally white and then you can never wear shorts again. :lol: It died down, though. Nowadays, they're selling a kind of Speedo that is a little broader. It'll basically look like those "Censored" boxes they use on TV, you know? :dazzle:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MKCustodial said:
Well, I certainly don't have the build for it, but I never wore something that could be referred to as a "banana hammock"! :eek: :lol:

If those board shorts are what I'm thinking, that's what surfers wear, right? In the 90's, it kinda became fashion. I always hated it, cause it'd leave your thighs totally white and then you can never wear shorts again. :lol: It died down, though. Nowadays, they're selling a kind of Speedo that is a little broader. It'll basically look like those "Censored" boxes they use on TV, you know? :dazzle:
You would be correct about the shorts. I think the issue with Speedo are not so much the length but that they are so tight that not much is left to the imagination. Personally I have never given it much thought. I know that the US is an odd ball on the Speedo thing. At any other beach on the planet you are looked at as a weirdo if you are not in a Speedo.

Dwarful

Well, I'll take it one step further. My husband and I were married in May of 1995. At our wedding reception, per our request, the band regularly updated the guests of the score of the St.Louis Blues playoff hockey game. Then we flew to WDW for the best honeymoon we could hope for. The weather was great, the people were terrific and our memories and souvineers (& the little one we brought back) are a constant reminder of the wonderful things that brought us together. We just went back to WDW in May of '05 for our tenth anniversary (this time w/kids). But I don't begrudge anyone who decides to go to a clean, friendly and fun place to go for their special day. Congrats. to all who have or are going to have the time of thier lives w/a WDW honeymoon. Personally, I'd be bored out of my mind on some island where all i could do was drink, tan, shop and well, you know....

Sledge

Account Suspended
RoninHood said:
COOL,THANKS FOR THE PICS,AWESOME!
And oh ,by the way ,how bout them cowboys,guess they got scalped,lol.

Nuff said. :animwink:

:( Yeah that was a pathetic game. :hurl: Good thing I'm a Buccaneers fan instead. Who won Super Bowl XXXVII again? I forget. :animwink:

PamelaNiebergal

Dwarful said:
But I don't begrudge anyone who decides to go to a clean, friendly and fun place to go for their special day. Congrats. to all who have or are going to have the time of thier lives w/a WDW honeymoon. Personally, I'd be bored out of my mind on some island where all i could do was drink, tan, shop and well, you know....

I applaud your post. We went on a Disney honeymoon because we knew we would be bored just getting drunk on a beach. WDW is the most romantic and amazing place on earth and it infuriates me that anyone would cut down honeymooners for chosing to go there. We wore the ears and had the most magical time of our lives. I will treasure these moments for the rest of my life and I can't help but take it personally when someone starts a thread cutting down people who wear wedding Mickey and Minnie ears. They're the ones coming off as stupid. They must be awfully cynical, lonely and unhappy with their own lives to make an attack on Disney honeymooners, or at the very least, incredibly stuck up. In a world of tragedy and violence it is wonderful that people can find happiness at places like WDW but sad that there are people who don't get that.

robynchic

As a CM, I can tell you- it's fun to see honeymooning couples! To see that they're spending their happiest time on Earth at the Happiest Place on Earth is sweet.

And besides, any time a character sees a honeymooning couple, they play it up. I know that Minnie sometimes looks at the bride's engagement ring, then looks at her hand, a little upset. Then the groom usually asks Mickey when he's getting her a ring.

And yes, you do get perks. But if you're not comfortable with it, or think it's tacky, there's a simple solution: you don't have to wear the ears. Personally, I'm going to a wedding this weekend, and the couple is honeymooning in WDW, and for their gift, I got a Wedgewood bridal Mickey and Minnie, the "Congratulations" and the wedding buttons, and SURPRISE! The hats. They wanted the hats, but they have a tight budget, so I got them for them. Now they don't have to worry about it!

SpenceMan01

robynchic said:
As a CM, I can tell you- it's fun to see honeymooning couples! To see that they're spending their happiest time on Earth at the Happiest Place on Earth is sweet.

And besides, any time a character sees a honeymooning couple, they play it up. I know that Minnie sometimes looks at the bride's engagement ring, then looks at her hand, a little upset. Then the groom usually asks Mickey when he's getting her a ring.

And yes, you do get perks. But if you're not comfortable with it, or think it's tacky, there's a simple solution: you don't have to wear the ears. Personally, I'm going to a wedding this weekend, and the couple is honeymooning in WDW, and for their gift, I got a Wedgewood bridal Mickey and Minnie, the "Congratulations" and the wedding buttons, and SURPRISE! The hats. They wanted the hats, but they have a tight budget, so I got them for them. Now they don't have to worry about it!

Actually, Disneyland in CA is the Happiest Place on Earth. WDW is the most Magical Place on Earth. No biggie, I'm jsut picky ;)

I'm hoping my GF won't be too shy to wear them on our honeymoon. I think that we'll have fun wearing them and reap the many benefits that I've heard so much about :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom