Disney hiring tik tok social media content creators

llrain

Original Poster
"Disney Is Hiring People to up Its Theme Parks' TikTok Game" https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-parks-hiring-tiktok-social-media-2022-1?amp

I get it..Tik tok is the "thing" now but focus hiring on this junk rather than housekeeping, chefs, custodial, drivers, retail amongst other positions? I think the main thing that bugs me about is that its sad that they will fill these positions in 2.2 seconds while the above go unfilled for months on end.

celluloid

"Disney Is Hiring People to up Its Theme Parks' TikTok Game" https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-parks-hiring-tiktok-social-media-2022-1?amp

I get it..Tik tok is the "thing" now but focus hiring on this junk rather than housekeeping, chefs, custodial, drivers, retail amongst other positions? I think the main thing that bugs me about is that its sad that they will fill these positions in 2.2 seconds while the above go unfilled for months on end.

Disney has become just selling the hype of you are going to be here, rather than taking care of you while you are there.

llrain

Original Poster
Tik Tok is a cancer so this is probably one of the worst things they've ever done.
I had some choice words for tik tok myself but chose to leave them out of my post for fear of the kool-aid drinker backlash..thank you for this..well sais.

CaptainAmerica

Those things have literally nothing to do with one another. They've been offering huge signing bonuses and constant job fairs. They're DESPERATELY trying to fill those positions.

Maybe you've heard about the nationwide labor shortage. It's been in all the papers.

TikTok is stupid and Disney needs to get creative to get their service roles filled, but the two aren't connected. At all.

donaldtoo

Those things have literally nothing to do with one another. They've been offering huge signing bonuses and constant job fairs. They're DESPERATELY trying to fill those positions.

Maybe you've heard about the nationwide labor shortage. It's been in all the papers.

TikTok is stupid and Disney needs to get creative to get their service roles filled, but the two aren't connected. At all.

Yea, people would rather sit on their butts and Tik their Toks than clean, cook, etc.

Carolina_Couple

Tik Tok is a cancer so this is probably one of the worst things they've ever done.
I had some choice words for tik tok myself but chose to leave them out of my post for fear of the kool-aid drinker backlash..thank you for this..well sais.
Tik Tok is not the problem. If it was not that platform, it would be another platform. The real issue is the way social media as a whole has devalued conversation and reduced interactions to brief narcissistic charades in which true discussion and alternative thought are no longer accepted.

As for Disney, they have long since lost focus on caring about customers and look only for those things that move the stock market needle. Proactive thought has vanished and been replaced with reactive action. They are going to be in a hot mess when the Star Wars hotel fails miserably and the luster of Marvel wears off. They have killed Blue Sky and have nothing in the pipeline that will “wow” anyone when that happens. Disney needs to revitalize imagineering and develop a plan to bring back the experience that once put them in a completely different category than any competitor. I am afraid it will not happen any time soon and if it does it will probably happen too late.

All that said, I am part of the problem because the prior memories and experience we have had as a family brings us back again and again. We save a little (okay, a lot) extra and happily go back every other year. We are victims of Stockholm syndrome at this point.

TrojanUSC

This is a backfill of a job that previously existed. It's much ado about nothing.

Like it or not it would be a massive missed opportunity from a business perspective if they didn't have someone focused on this social stuff.

CaptainAmerica

Tik Tok is not the problem. If it was not that platform, it would be another platform. The real issue is the way social media as a whole has devalued conversation and reduced interactions to brief narcissistic charades in which true discussion and alternative thought are no longer accepted.

As for Disney, they have long since lost focus on caring about customers and look only for those things that move the stock market needle. Proactive thought has vanished and been replaced with reactive action. They are going to be in a hot mess when the Star Wars hotel fails miserably and the luster of Marvel wears off. They have killed Blue Sky and have nothing in the pipeline that will “wow” anyone when that happens. Disney needs to revitalize imagineering and develop a plan to bring back the experience that once put them in a completely different category than any competitor. I am afraid it will not happen any time soon and if it does it will probably happen too late.

All that said, I am part of the problem because the prior memories and experience we have had as a family brings us back again and again. We save a little (okay, a lot) extra and happily go back every other year. We are victims of Stockholm syndrome at this point.
TikTok is literally a Chinese intelligence database.

gerarar

Premium Member
TikTok is insanely popular among college students (and younger crowds). I despised it at first but eventually gave in right before Covid -- been addicted ever since lol.

Disney Parks alone has a big following on there. Just reading the comments and such, pretty insane the content they post generates much buzz.

My friends from college know I love Disney, and they always forward me their TikToks and ask questions. One of them found about the 50th celebration thru there and bam, they planned a trip with their family over the summer. So I would say it's doing the job fairly well.

Compared to Twitter and Facebook, I would say it's a better platform. People are much more creative on TikTok, it's quite insane and cool. I follow a bunch of SE's (software developers) on there since that's my field and really cool to relate daily to such crowd and learn tips/tricks that'll help me on the job.

No Name

This is a pretty smart thing to do. You may not like TikTok but don’t be so stubborn as to claim it’s a bad business move. Marketing is hugely important.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom