News Disney Has Purchased Approximately 235 Acres of Land

JoeCamel

Sorry to dig up old thread but this question has been on my mind for a while. When Disney buys new land does it automatically become part of RCID? How does that work?
If they purchase outside of the Reedy Creek improvement district then that land would have to be annexed into the district if it was the goal to get it in the district. TWDC owns several parcels in the area that are not part of RCID

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

If they purchase outside of the Reedy Creek improvement district then that land would have to be annexed into the district if it was the goal to get it in the district. TWDC owns several parcels in the area that are not part of RCID
Gotcha makes sense. I’m guessing If the point of the purchase was to leave it undeveloped then it wouldn’t need to be part of the district really. Do you know if there’s a map anywhere that shows RCID and Disney owned land together? I moved to celebration recently and I find it all fascinating how Disney controls all the different land interests around this area.

lazyboy97o

Gotcha makes sense. I’m guessing If the point of the purchase was to leave it undeveloped then it wouldn’t need to be part of the district really. Do you know if there’s a map anywhere that shows RCID and Disney owned land together? I moved to celebration recently and I find it all fascinating how Disney controls all the different land interests around this area.
The Reedy Creek Improvement District website has different documents like this boundary map.

County property appraiser websites will show you ownership but Disney does use subsidiaries to hold some property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom