Disney Golf?

GalacticGobbler

When we were down in April, we played Magnolia, Osprey, Palm, and Lake buena vista. The order that I have them listed here is the order that we liked them. Sorry that magnolia is closed, but you won't be disappointed with a trip to Osprey, great staff, I also rented my clubs and shoes so that I wouldnt have to drag the stuff to Florida. I highly recommend that move, top notch equipment. The restaurant at Osprey is also a good place to catch a sandwich after a round. Hope this helps.

Hit em straight.

zoo19

I just called to make my husband tee times and they told me the Palm was closed and the Magnolia is up and down. I made tee times for Osprey and Magnolia both in the a.m. as he hates to golf in the afternoon.

They did have a special going on 2 rounds for the price of one so they will charge $139.00 total for both rounds of golf at 7am. He did say the afternoon prices are lower Osprey 55 Eagle 50 and Magnolia and LBV 45 for one round.

KTWilliams

Someone might want to take note of the fact that Eagle Pines is the Pete Dye design at WDW, not Osprey. Osprey Ridge is by Tom Fazio and the other three are by Joe Lee.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by zoo19
I just called to make my husband tee times and they told me the Palm was closed and the Magnolia is up and down. I made tee times for Osprey and Magnolia both in the a.m. as he hates to golf in the afternoon.

They did have a special going on 2 rounds for the price of one so they will charge $139.00 total for both rounds of golf at 7am. He did say the afternoon prices are lower Osprey 55 Eagle 50 and Magnolia and LBV 45 for one round.

Hmmm, we got Osprey at 3:00pm for 30 bucks. Maybe I oughta try to call about Magnolia again....

Disney4648

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I'm looking to book some tee times for my visit, and am wondering if anyone on here has played any of the Disney courses, or has an opinion on which one is the best. All comments/suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!!!:)

The only course I have played is Osprey Ridge and its a fantastic course. Not a lot of shade but very challenging. Their Par 5's are huge.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Well, it's more than a year later, and last August we ended up playing the Magnolia and LBV.

Contrary to most of the posts here (my own included), LBV was AWESOME! DTD in view for the first few holes, winding through Old Key West, and even the old Disney Institute, etc. Easily myn favorite, and I will be playing it again this month.

Magnolia on the other hand, was merely mediokre in our opinion. Not sure what it was. I did enjoy being able to hear the train whistle from the MK, and the view of the GF on the 17th was nice.

This month we'll be trying out Osprey Ridge and heading back to LBV.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in way back in the day. Your help is still greatly appreciated!

Bagheera

Just as an FYI, I reported on MousePlanet a couple of weeks ago that the Magnolia is in for a full re-do next summer.

The Magnolia Course, home to three of the tournament's four rounds, will be closed for four months next summer starting in early May for major renovations that will make the course much more difficult to play. In the first major work done on the Joe Lee-designed course since 1993, Magnolia will be lengthened by over 200 yards, to at least 7,400 yards. In addition, the greens will be resodded with Tifeagle, a hybrid Bermuda grass that was installed this summer during the rehab of the Palm Course, home to the other round of the FUNAI Classic. The final two holes of the course will be lengthened to 480 or 490 yards each, which will make it that much more difficult to mount a final birdie charge at the tournament. The course should reopen some time next September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom