Disney Glass from McD's

Cynderella

Original Poster
How come Disney hasn't done any new glasses with McDonald's like they used to? I thought for sure they would have done it with the YOAMD and such. I miss them! Any thoughts?

pacochran

I think it's been discussed before but Disney isn't doing any promotions with McD's anymore. If you notice there aren't anymore Disney movie toys in their Happy Meals any more either.

dazzer68

in the UK Disney have stopped doing any food promotions with mcd, as its encouraging children to be obese, and don't want to associated with the image.good on them i say! enticing adults and kids in to eat fast food with ant incentive is not a good thing.perhaps they have done the same in us?

PeoplemoverTTA

I loved the glasses that came out...I have two sets somewhere in my basement. One was, I think, from the millennium (or maybe 100 years of magic?). I think the other set was for the 25th (because I bought them when I was in high school...that sounds about right).

I agree, it's a shame they don't do it anymore.

Cynderella

Original Poster
I think it's been discussed before but Disney isn't doing any promotions with McD's anymore. If you notice there aren't anymore Disney movie toys in their Happy Meals any more either.

That's true I didnt remember until you said that. But I guess it's still ok to have their french fries and DTD restaurant. Maybe BK will do it. Haha I remember waaayy back in the day when Pocahontas came out Disney did plastic glasses with Meeko and Pocahontas and such. Maybe that was the trial run and then they went with McD's and did glass. :shrug:

Green Lantern

When my wife and I were dating, we went out and bought two sets each. Now that we are married we have 3 sets on the side and we use one. We hace the millenium ones and the 25th.

They are cool cups.

DisneySam

I LOVE mine! My mom is an antiques/ collectible dealer and we both have several sets she has picked up here and there. I use mine all the time.

I wish they would come out with more = (

tigsmom

I have all the different sets of glasses and 2 sets of dishes from Tarzan.
Since Disney is no longer doing promotions with McDonald's on a regular basis we probably won't see anything new for awhile. They are still partnered with McD in the parks, but movie marketing is now up for grabs on a case by case basis.

hadlicksr

That is so weird. i was just drinking from one of my 25th WDW glasses last night thinking I wish they would make more of these. We found the Millenium set at a garage sale and thus don't drink from them as they are our only set of those, but we have a couple of the 25th WDW glassess. I love those glasses.:)

Now the last movie promotion I can remember with Disney/Mcd was Cars i think. DS had to collect every one. Can anyone else think of any more recent promos from the 2?

Also remember the 101 dalmation promotion years back that had all 101 dalmations in the Happy meal. I have one friend that collected all 101. Mostly through buying and trading, not eating 101 Happy meals.

Spyne

Yeah, Disney and McDonald's pretty much aren't in that tight partnership anymore.

I do have the complete sets from the Millennium and 100 Years of Magic celebrations. :)

chinitopoop

so then is disney going to partner with any other fast food place? i used to get just about everything disney had in mcdonalds, my favorite ones were mickey and the gang dressed up in clothes from the different countries in world showcase, still have them actually... but yea they should definitly get that relationship back with mcdonalds or they should just screw it and start making toys for burger king,,imo bk is 10x better than mcdonalds anyway, all they gotta do is offer some more healthy alternatives in the kids meals, and everyone would be a happy.... oh and honestly i dont think disney should be concerned about kids becoming obese, its the parents fault for that, not disney's ,we shouldnt all have to suffer with not being able to get a little disney fix at mcdonalds ,just cuz of the careless parents that dont monitor they're kid's eating habits

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I really can't see that happening, considering McD is in the parks. They wouldn't go with another fast food chain outside....it seems kinda weird they don't advertise with McD anymore, though.

dreamfinder

If I recall correctly, McDonald's had signed a long term exclusivity contract with Disney. They got first crack at releasing any new toys on Disney properties. I think they passed on a sequel or two that BK's then ended up doing. When that contract ended, they jointly decided to not do the same type of deal, but to instead do it on a case by case basis. McDonalds tended to break out the Disney characters when they had no other tie ins going on because they would have reasonable draw.

Figment82

I collected all 100 figurines from the 100 Years of Magic campaign. I have them displayed on a little shelf in my basement. I thought about collecting all 101 Dalmatians during that promotion, but wised up. :)

Cynderella

Original Poster
I collected all 100 figurines from the 100 Years of Magic campaign. I have them displayed on a little shelf in my basement. I thought about collecting all 101 Dalmatians during that promotion, but wised up. :)

:eek: How were you able to find all of them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom