disney gift card

eroyee

Original Poster
:wave: My son gave me a Disney gift card. Has anyone tried to use one of these at the dining places in Disney World yet? I cant find anywhere on that site just where they accept it. I knew someone here will know. thanks. 38 days till our next magical vacation at the world. woo hoo.!!! P.S. thanks so much to Tigsmom for the help.:sohappy:

dazzer68

yes i used mine all the time thats all i took out with me just topped it up the night before at the resort hoteldesk then it was loaded up with some spending money for the day at the park. that way you dont go over budget on impulse purchases!
gave one to my 12 year old daughter too, so she didnt blow all her holiday money in one go!,
had no trouble finding places that took the card.
we got the small wrist ones from the water parks that we could wear and not loose, the other cms in other parks thought they were really cute as most hadnt seen the small version before.
happy halloween

DisneyMusician2

The cards pretty much work everywhere that Disney dollars will...which is pretty much everywhere at Disney. They don't advertise it, but I've never had a problem. I never used them as a money substitute for kids, but that is a FANTASTIC idea! I'll have to try that the next time around.

swimmom

Can these be purchased at the Disney Store? I like the idea of loading the card each day to keep you on a budget.

Alztybrn

I understand why they are now using the cards, but has anybody heard anything "Official" on what is going to be happening with Disney Dollars. I would hate to see these go away forever. I do not know of a tooth fairy that brings gift cards, and it makes using disney dollars for chores impossible. Just little things that we do around our house that utilize DD and always remind us of where we are going (hopefully soon!)

eroyee

Original Poster
:wave: The Disney store in our mall has the gift cards right at the counter. thanks, everyone for your help. I knew I could count on you! Happy Halloween!!!:fork:

Rob562

Another suggestion for using these cards is that it's a good way to help save up for your trip. While you can't use it to pay for hotel rooms (yet), they're fine for your food and spending money.

Simply buy one with whatever money you have, and then go back to the store to add more money onto the card every few weeks. Little by little you can save up for the trip, and you're not tempted to spend it elsewhere (well, other than there at the Disney Store) :) I did this with Disney Dollars one trip.

-Rob

Jessie&Buzz

I've been debating if I should get one for my dd. She's 8 and has quite a bit of money saved for our trip. She does have some disney dollars which I know can't be put on the card. That's ok. She wants to be reponsable for her own money so I thought that the card would be good but then again I would have to keep track of how much was on it after each purchase. This is why I'm not sure what I'm doing.

davinakb

yes i used mine all the time thats all i took out with me just topped it up the night before at the resort hoteldesk then it was loaded up with some spending money for the day at the park. that way you dont go over budget on impulse purchases!
We just did that at EPCOT once we found out the F&W Festival booths will accept the Disney gift cards. Saved so much time fumbling for cash and change, and it was easy to watch the budget.

Tiggerfanatic

I've been debating if I should get one for my dd. She's 8 and has quite a bit of money saved for our trip. She does have some disney dollars which I know can't be put on the card. That's ok. She wants to be reponsable for her own money so I thought that the card would be good but then again I would have to keep track of how much was on it after each purchase. This is why I'm not sure what I'm doing.

The cards are a great way to save for the trip and are going to be much more convenient for kids than carrying cash. Just remember that, unlike Disney Dollars which can be traded in for regular money if you don't spend them all, the Disney Cards are only good @ Disney.

Rob562

She does have some disney dollars which I know can't be put on the card. That's ok.

Are you sure about that? If purchased at a Disney Store, I'd think the "same as cash" rules would apply here, too. It'd be just as if you were buying the gift card with cash. Perhaps double-check with your local Disney Store to find out.

-Rob

DisneyMusician2

I don't think you can transfer dollars to a card unless you change the rules. A year ago it couldn't be done according to the Dinsey Store by my house. But if anyone knoews if it has changed...

Jessie&Buzz

Are you sure about that? If purchased at a Disney Store, I'd think the "same as cash" rules would apply here, too. It'd be just as if you were buying the gift card with cash. Perhaps double-check with your local Disney Store to find out.

-Rob

I already did and they told me that I couldn't use it to buy the gift card. Thanks anyway!

slappy magoo

I'm also one of those cats who, once he knows when the next trip to WDW is, will go to the mall's Disney Store every week and buy some Disney Dollars. It's jut moving money around, I know, but it makes it at least seem like my vacation is not as financially taxing than it really is. But I'd never bring ALL of my Disney Dollars with me everywhere I go, any more than I'd take all the money I allot myself for any other vacation, get it all in cash and walk around with it everywhere I go. It'd really stink to lose all your disney Dollars just like it would stink to lose your wallet or purse. To that end, when we start saving for the next trip, I'd probably split it up between a gift card & DDs, or two separate gift cards. Just a suggestion. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom