Disney Gift Card Question/Concern

muse1983

Original Poster
Yes we bought our Disney gift cards from Walgreens. We made sure this was the same thing from the Disney store and it was. From what i read on the back of the card you can use them in the parks (both world and land) and cruise, plus in the Disney stores as well.

Ok sounds good, I was just getting worried due to the huge mix of answers I was receiving from Disney employees...you would think they would be the ones to go to for a question such as this.....wdwmagic is the place to ask:sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

Ok sounds good, I was just getting worried due to the huge mix of answers I was receiving from Disney employees...you would think they would be the ones to go to for a question such as this.....wdwmagic is the place to ask:sohappy:

Unless it changed dramatically in the last 3 years, Disney Store training about these things is not very good. They don't really explain tickets,disney dollars,gift cards, etc when they hire someone. At my store a few years back we had a few people (park freaks like myself for the most part) who were the go to people for tickets and trip questions.

Patrick_Ears

Ohh yeah i do understand. :lol: We are going to get ours very soon. :sohappy:

Patrick_Ears

Unless it changed dramatically in the last 3 years, Disney Store training about these things is not very good. They don't really explain tickets,disney dollars,gift cards, etc when they hire someone. At my store a few years back we had a few people (park freaks like myself for the most part) who were the go to people for tickets and trip questions.

You are right. You would think the Disney stores would have all the answers to your questions. But i guess not, they are the same way here in New Orleans. I know i went about a month ago and asked about a basic question about the dinning plan. She said you have to call Disney i don't know anything about it. Me i was like :eek: really.... :confused:. :lol:

wagnerdanp

I am from Pgh and most people in Pgh probably go to Giant Eagle (or the iggle as we like to call it) to purchase gift cards as we get free gas, etc.

I have never had a problem using a gift card at WDW. If you did have a problem, just charge the amount to your room. Then at the end of your trip, pay off the amount with the gift card.

Rob562

You are right. You would think the Disney stores would have all the answers to your questions. But i guess not, they are the same way here in New Orleans. I know i went about a month ago and asked about a basic question about the dinning plan. She said you have to call Disney i don't know anything about it. Me i was like :eek: really.... :confused:. :lol:

The Stores do not sell the dining plan, they do not accept the dining plan, they don't make reservations for the dining plan. They aren't travel agents. Why would you expect someone who works in the Stores (a totally different division of the Walt Disney Company) about something that is only done at WDW?

That'd be like asking someone at a Disneyland restaurant about the WDW Dining Plan. Or someone from ESPN about ABC's new Thursday night lineup... :shrug:

-Rob

Mikester71

We had bought $800 worth of Disney Gift Cards from Sams Club before heading down (after hearing about it on here, of course) a couple of weeks ago and had no problems using them anywhere. My wife and I were a bit leery about them after reading a few posts on here of people having trouble getting them to scan in certain places down there, hence why we only bought $800 worth. But after being able to use them almost everywhere we tried, we bought another $600 worth at a nearby Sams Club off property while doing some shopping one day. We were using our room keys most of the time to pay for everything and then just going down to the front desk every couple of days and using the Gift Cards to pay off the room balance. Win - win really!!!!

The cool thing about them...they come in $100 denominations but only cost $98 and each $100 card comes with a $10 Disney Store card (which HAS to be used exclusively at a Disney Store, not the parks). We used them to buy some Disney towels and stuff pre-trip and just used the rest last week to buy some more cool Disney merchandise when we got home (like we needed it after just spending 10 wonderful days down in WDW)!!! :p

mickeysshoes

We had bought $800 worth of Disney Gift Cards from Sams Club before heading down (after hearing about it on here, of course) a couple of weeks ago and had no problems using them anywhere. My wife and I were a bit leery about them after reading a few posts on here of people having trouble getting them to scan in certain places down there, hence why we only bought $800 worth. But after being able to use them almost everywhere we tried, we bought another $600 worth at a nearby Sams Club off property while doing some shopping one day. We were using our room keys most of the time to pay for everything and then just going down to the front desk every couple of days and using the Gift Cards to pay off the room balance. Win - win really!!!!

The cool thing about them...they come in $100 denominations but only cost $98 and each $100 card comes with a $10 Disney Store card (which HAS to be used exclusively at a Disney Store, not the parks). We used them to buy some Disney towels and stuff pre-trip and just used the rest last week to buy some more cool Disney merchandise when we got home (like we needed it after just spending 10 wonderful days down in WDW)!!! :p

Is this something that Sam's Club sells all the time?? I called my local one and they told me they did not sell them. :shrug: Can you take the $10 to the Disney Store and by a gift card?????

Patrick_Ears

The Stores do not sell the dining plan, they do not accept the dining plan, they don't make reservations for the dining plan. They aren't travel agents. Why would you expect someone who works in the Stores (a totally different division of the Walt Disney Company) about something that is only done at WDW?

That'd be like asking someone at a Disneyland restaurant about the WDW Dining Plan. Or someone from ESPN about ABC's new Thursday night lineup... :shrug:

-Rob

Rob i do understand. Yes you right, they don't work for Walt Disney. But it was just a question i had asked and they gave me a answer :) . That answer was no we do not know, okay..

disneynut4u

I was the "go to" person for vacations, too!! I loved going on vacation to WDW and "researched" and "planned" all our trips. So if there was a question that came into the store, they were sent to me!!

PHLEagles013

Disney Gift Card - California Grill

Help me...
My girlfriend is going to DW with her sister this summer. For her birthday i was going to get her a DW gift. Would she be able to use the gift card to pay for her meal at the California Grille? Does anybody have specific experience with this scenario? $100 should be enough, right?

Thank youuuuuuuu

Rob562

Help me...
My girlfriend is going to DW with her sister this summer. For her birthday i was going to get her a DW gift. Would she be able to use the gift card to pay for her meal at the California Grille? Does anybody have specific experience with this scenario? $100 should be enough, right?

Thank youuuuuuuu

Yes, she'd be able to use it at California Grill, as well as pretty much any other restaurant in WDW. The only exceptions might be some of the non-Disney restaurants in Downtown Disney, or places at the Swan & Dolphin.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom