Disney Genie/Genie+ On Their Way to Anaheim

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
There is so much wrong with this exchange. At the very least: Why would a CM even get in this debate with a guest at all? It's mind boggling.

Ugh. Disney doesn't know why they have super fans. There aren't people spending hours on Six Flags discussion boards or building replicas of Universal in their back yard, ya know? They just don't even understand their own product anymore. The fact that this cast member doesn't even understand her role in creating that product just proves how broken this company is right now.
Exactly. I didn’t want to hear that at all, and to essentially justify the ridiculous wait times when SHE has to deal with them didn’t make much sense to me. That little exchange irritated me, though I was still really happy to be riding one of my favorite rides of all time. But still. As you said, it’s a reflection of what’s wrong with the company at the moment. Add this to the list of why I have no desire to go more than once or twice every other year, if that.

waltography

When I visited in October, a CM overheard my friend and I talking about how awful Genie+ is while waiting in line for Matterhorn. The CM said she’d rather be waiting in the faster queue than the general queue. We turned to her and said the prices Disney is charging are ridiculous and that there should just be one queue so that everyone waits the same amount of time. Her response was “Disney is a business.”😒🙄😑

Her response irked me so much. Girl, we know it’s a business. She missed the entire point.
Tacky. Imagine going to bat over a company paying you minimum wage like that.

mickEblu

Some upcoming changes to Genie+ - the details in this article from @wdwmagic will also apply to Genie+ at Disneyland.

So basically it’s one less step right? I mean it’s an improvement but it’s not like you couldn’t check what Genie + wait times for other attractions were before deciding to delete your current reservation.

waltography

So basically it’s one less step right? I mean it’s an improvement but it’s not like you couldn’t check what Genie + wait times for other attractions were before deciding to delete your current reservation.
I think this will also help for those instances where you want to find an earlier reservation for the same attraction; lately, the UX pattern for G+ has been to color the LL box green with your reserved return time, but that means you can't see the most recent return time available.

mickEblu

I think this will also help for those instances where you want to find an earlier reservation for the same attraction; lately, the UX pattern for G+ has been to color the LL box green with your reserved return time, but that means you can't see the most recent return time available.

Yea I noticed that. That’s a recent change I do not like.

That whole Genie + interface is so non intuitive and poorly designed. I’ve purchased it probably about 8 times now and I still couldn’t tell somebody how to purchase it in park. I think my go to is attempting to book a Genie + attraction just so it can say “you don’t have Genie +” and give you option to purchase.

SuddenStorm

Yea I noticed that. That’s a recent change I do not like.

That whole Genie + interface is so non intuitive and poorly designed. I’ve purchased it probably about 8 times now and I still couldn’t tell somebody how to purchase it in park. I think my go to is attempting to book a Genie + attraction just so it can say “you don’t have Genie +” and give you option to purchase.

Not to mention- every time you open it it asks you to purchase ILL for Rise.

It's not immediately obvious how to book your next 'Lightning Lane' reservation like it was on Maxpass.

I'm still not sure what the 'Genie' service is supposed to do, or how using it with Genie+ could actually improve your day if you have any knowledge of the park. The fact Disney hasn't advertised that using Genie combined with Genie+ increases rides/day by x amount or something shows it's kinda useless.

MarvelCharacterNerd

The problem with overselling genie+ / lightning lane...

1672281186826.png

Wendy Pleakley

The Little Mermaid is the last remaining ride that almost never has a wait.

It's great to have at least a few high capacity options to do, with minimal wait, when everything is busy. Monsters Inc. used to be like this.

Adding Genie to Mermaid is just not a guest friendly move.

mickEblu

Adding Mermaid is so completely idiotic.

The one ride you could count on for no wait and some AC. No more.

But I get it from a marketing perspective. The Genie + attractions that cater to young kids are very few. It’s pretty much Small World and Monsters. With that said, 40 inches gets you on nearly everything at DLR. Now whether a 40 inch 4 year old wants to on Space Mountain is another question.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Putting rides with low waits on Genie+ just proves this has nothing to do with making the experience better for the guest, it’s a pure money grab.

We all knew this already, it’s just interesting they aren’t even trying to market it as “for the guest” anymore.

Last year I caved and renewed our passes about 3 months after letting them expire, we’ve only been 3 weekends this year, we won’t be renewing them again. We still love DL but it’s not what it used to be, we used to go every month, with all the negative changes we now find it takes a couple months for the Disney itch to return. Doesn’t make sense to buy an AP if we’re only going 3 or 4 weekends a year.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Putting rides with low waits on Genie+ just proves this has nothing to do with making the experience better for the guest, it’s a pure money grab.

Which we all knew, it’s just interesting they aren’t even trying to market it as “for the guest” anymore.

Last year I caved and renewed our passes about 3 months after letting them expire, we’ve only been 3 weekends this year, we won’t be renewing them again. We still love DL but it’s not what it used to be, we used to go every month, with all the negative changes we now find it takes a couple months for the Disney itch to return. Doesn’t make sense to buy an AP if we’re only going 3 or 4 weekends a year.

They could have got away with just putting MMMR on Genie +. That might persuade families with young kids that are on the fence about buying Genie +. But TLM? Not a lot of upside there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom