Disney Genie/Genie+ On Their Way to Anaheim

PiratesMansion

Single rider.

Edit: This might now be bad advice.

In the site that shall not be mentioned: SkunkID said in another thread: Blogs and social media are reporting that Space Mountain, Indy, Radiation Sting, etc, have all lost ended single rider lines and signage for such (obviously some having tempt signage to begin with) with the roll out of genie+.
Sweet, what a wonderful way to find out I'm never riding RSR again.

Way to go, Disney.

GIF by Jay Sprogell

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I was at the park today with my son and rode RSR…. with a single rider. They re still doing it for RSR. I don’t think they are for Space though.
No big loss. Space Mountain's single rider line was awfully slow and that was before Genie. I bet it got a lot worse and ended up not being worth it.

PiratesMansion

No big loss. Space Mountain's single rider line was awfully slow and that was before Genie. I bet it got a lot worse and ended up not being worth it.
I must have gotten lucky because the few times I used Space's SRL (all 2018, granted) it was very efficient.

Glad to hear that the single rider is still around for RSR at least.

PiratesMansion

I do wonder if a Singles line on Space created enough additional complications that LL was only part of the reason they got rid of it. They only have so much time to load those vehicles, and if it's not balanced properly the ride shuts down.

I could see a case made that for Space Mountain, the single rider line introduced more complications than it was worth.

Ryan120420

I do wonder if a Singles line on Space created enough additional complications that LL was only part of the reason they got rid of it. They only have so much time to load those vehicles, and if it's not balanced properly the ride shuts down.

I could see a case made that for Space Mountain, the single rider line introduced more complications than it was worth.
Single Rider was introduced at Space Mountain in November 2017. If it was too much of a hassle to operate they would have removed it well before December 2021. The fact they brought Single Rider back to Space Mountain once social distancing measures were lifted says that Single Rider worked and they were happy with it.

They choose to remove it from the ride the day that Genie Plus debuted in December 2021. Single Rider being removed from Space Mountain was straight up a move to sell more Genie Plus.

mickEblu

Single Rider was introduced at Space Mountain in November 2017. If it was too much of a hassle to operate they would have removed it well before December 2021. The fact they brought Single Rider back to Space Mountain once social distancing measures were lifted says that Single Rider worked and they were happy with it.

They choose to remove it from the ride the day that Genie Plus debuted in December 2021. Single Rider being removed from Space Mountain was straight up a move to sell more Genie Plus.

This would be more believable if Space Mountain had Individual Lightning Lane but even then it wouldn’t make a ton of sense.

CaptinEO

No one can say this with certainty. They couldve brought it back and decided it wasnt working out so cut it.

Pirates had fastpass at one point in the 2000s, it failed and almost had it again 3 years ago.

dlr74

This isn’t true. The week before Christmas I purchased Genie+ and booked a LL for Space Mountain. I had time to kill before my return window started so I rode it through Single Rider twice while waiting. Then rode it a third time using my Genie+ LL.

I don’t know if they’re still offering Single Rider now but they definitely didn’t remove it the day Genie+ debuted.

shambolicdefending

I see where you're coming from, but I also think the fact that it took until 2017 to install single rider there in the first place indicates that there's probably more to it than just a cynical G+ ploy.

aaronml

Not DL-related, but thought it was worth discussing here. Character meet and greets are coming to Genie+ at WDW: https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disn...dded-to-disney-genie-at-walt-disney-world.htm

It really feels like we're going through the motions of FastPass+ again with all the same mistakes.
I don’t see this happening at DLR, FWIW, for the same reason it didn’t happen under MaxPass/FP (but did happen at WDW under FP+).

I would expect to see G+ used for WoC and Fantasmic though when they return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom