Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

I will still pay is so I guess I am those words you use ... We only have a few days so will spend the extra to increase our chances of maximizing our days

And we went to that park in Pigeon Forge this summer (where the skip the line was $60 or $80 per person depending on the level, fwiw) and while it was nice, we didn't find it came close to the experience of a Disney park ... Guess we are just those suckers being targeted
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you aren't into big thrill rides then Disney will always be first.

TheMaxRebo

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you aren't into big thrill rides then Disney will always be first.

I enjoyed some of the big coasters there - Lightning Rod and Wild Eagle were excellent - though some were really rough (looking at you Mystery Mine!). Did feel they were lacking in the "everybody" rides though - good kids rides and good thrill rides, but really no high quality dark rides - nothing like Pirates or SSE or Soarin' or Haunted Mansion, etc. And the live music was really quality singers, but missing other types of performances - nothing like Festival of the Lion King, etc. And no parade, no fireworks - just wasn't near the same level of a Disney park in my mind (nor the rest of my family)

Still worth a visit and I would go back, but definitely can see why Disney costs more

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I laugh because it's so utterly absurd. Who's paying these prices? A maroon? An nincowpoop? An ignoramoose? A fool and his money will soon part. It'll take some serious incentivising to get me and mine back to Disney. With this - I'm calling it quits. There's "greed" and then there's whatever Disney is doing. Insane! I'd rather spend a few days doing a roadtrip to Pigeon Forge, TN at a park where guests aren't treated like wallets with legs. Disney can go suck an egg.

What's next? The return of tiered ticket books and raising the gate entry fee another hundy!?
Nothing against you but people calling others crazy for paying $22 now for Genie but its okay to pay $5-800 per night for what Disney calls something a Deluxe resort. Now thats what i call crazy… we see others make fun of people who pay close to $200 for a value or as they say glorified motel 6 but 4x of that is Okay?!? Listen i love the Contemporary… love other Deluxe resorts but at those prices there is no justification i can make where staying there is making my trip exponentially better.

dreday3

Nothing against you but people calling others crazy for paying $22 now for Genie but its okay to pay $5-800 per night for what Disney calls something a Deluxe resort. Now thats what i call crazy… we see others make fun of people who pay close to $200 for a value or as they say glorified motel 6 but 4x of that is Okay?!? Listen i love the Contemporary… love other Deluxe resorts but at those prices there is no justification i can make where staying there is making my trip exponentially better.

How about don't call anyone insulting names for the choices they make for their Disney vacations?
I think that works best.

JohnD

Are there any good resources out there for tips and tricks of Genie+ specifically when you be park hopping?
Yeah. Several weeks ago, I park hopped from Epcot to HS. All the big choices we're already gone by 2pm - Rise, Slinky, TOT. I didn't find it very helpful after park hopping.

TheMaxRebo

Yeah. Several weeks ago, I park hopped from Epcot to HS. All the big choices we're already gone by 2pm - Rise, Slinky, TOT. I didn't find it very helpful after park hopping.

Well, you could buy your Rise ILL and picked your return time for later in the day. Can also start stacking for there earlier in the day as the return times get post-hopping, but thinks like Slinky, and TOT will likely be gone but could likely stack MMRR, MFSR, etc

JohnD

Well, you could buy your Rise ILL and picked your return time for later in the day. Can also start stacking for there earlier in the day as the return times get post-hopping, but thinks like Slinky, and TOT will likely be gone but could likely stack MMRR, MFSR, etc
It was my first week using Genie and it was post Ian. I was locked into going to Epcot first. I would have changed park reservations if I could. I thought I couldn't schedule HS rides until I was actually in the park. Live and learn.

Joel

Nothing against you but people calling others crazy for paying $22 now for Genie but its okay to pay $5-800 per night for what Disney calls something a Deluxe resort. Now thats what i call crazy… we see others make fun of people who pay close to $200 for a value or as they say glorified motel 6 but 4x of that is Okay?!?
Hey, I'll have you know that I make fun of those people the most of all.

Andy_0410

Problem is HS is selling out of slinky by 12 and other top rides are already into the 6-8pm catergory by this time too

nickys

Premium Member
Are there any good resources out there for tips and tricks of Genie+ specifically when you be park hopping?
Touring Plans blog. Search for Genie+ . They have step by step guides as well as hints and tips.

They’ve made it a bit more complicated now, by not automatically pushing return times after 2pm for those hopping. You have to check the return times yourself and book when the return times reach 2pm.

TheMaxRebo

Problem is HS is selling out of slinky by 12 and other top rides are already into the 6-8pm catergory by this time too

Yeah, I said Slinky and ToT likely won't be there but other will be and then just try to hop in line for Slinky at end of the night

I mean, it is all overly complicated and takes too much effort, but are ways to make it work "better" for you

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Hey, I'll have you know that I make fun of those people the most of all.
More power too you
How about don't call anyone insulting names for the choices they make for their Disney vacations?
I think that works best.
Totally agree and i dont think i called anyone names in my post. I was just saying i felt it was crazy to spend that type of money. I have my own theory. Your money. You earned you spend it any way you want. God bless!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom