Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

curry767

Trying to understand this statement a little more:

"If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit."

Yes I know I'll be able to use the service during my visit but does that mean I will have to purchase it each day? It would have been clearer if it stated something like your purchases will be honoured and there will be no need to purchase each day.

Also, does your booking have to be paid in full before June 8th, or is the $200 deposit enough to lock in Genie Plus on all your days?

G00fyDad

Trying to understand this statement a little more:

"If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit."

Yes I know I'll be able to use the service during my visit but does that mean I will have to purchase it each day? It would have been clearer if it stated something like your purchases will be honoured and there will be no need to purchase each day.

Also, does your booking have to be paid in full before June 8th, or is the $200 deposit enough to lock in Genie Plus on all your days?

I am not sure how that line is confusing. If you have it then you have and can use it without any changes. If you don't then you'll need to purchase it daily.

MickeyMouse10

Lightning Lane+

I think they should have Unlimited Lightning Lane Passes for a 100 dollars a day. With the option of receiving a complimentary Lightning Lane+ with a Deluxe Resort room.

M:SpilotISTC12

Again. Do you think the standby line wait time really is going to be greatly reduced? Just because it”moves” doesnt mean respectable wait times. So now you have the average guest who cant afford which intheory is still a vip pass watch the people who can afford it walk pass them on every line. The parks simply dont have the capacity. So now you create lines for every guest that enters your park? FP+ was not a difficult system to learn and not a difficult system to use while in parks either.
Agreed but the only thing is Disney won’t bring back FP+. My suggestion is the best of a bad situation. By no means is it perfect but it simplifies the whole ability to not ride most of the rides without most people having to waste $15 per person per day just to ride Alien Swirling Saucers and see Muppetvision via LL. It’s a joke what you can actually do with G+ that you just wind up have to wait standby anyway.

Jeff4272

You want to limit it, do so, and make it more like Maxpass. You can’t purchase Genie+ until you are in the parks, as all resort guests get in early they get first dibs.
That would make guest satisfaction even worse, not better. Most people dont go in early. Most people that go to WDW are resort guests

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Everyone seems to forget that the reason they created FastPass to begin with was because guest satisfaction was declining due to long lines. And attendance has only skyrocketed since then.
The thing that gets me is that, for years and years that this has been going on, their response has been to 1) replace rather than add attractions (mostly), 2) dramatically reduce hourly capacity in new attractions as compared to what they replaced, and 3) reduce the length of attractions (including some they kept, looking at you figment, country bears, tiki, etc) which means people are back out looking for a new queue even faster.

donsullivan

Premium Member
…….Most people that go to WDW are resort guests

Every statistic I’ve seen from reputable, informed sources is that Disney Resort guests only represent ~50% of park guests on any given day. It seems a lot of people here think if you aren’t staying in a Disney resort you are some sort of second class citizen and therefore not worthy of taking advantage of anything (even if you’re willing to pay for it) at WDW. Disney isn’t foolish enough (despite what some here would like to profess) to just tell 50% of their visitors they don’t care about them and they can’t take advantage of any of these programs available in the parks.

Last edited:

drizgirl

The thing that gets me is that, for years and years that this has been going on, their response has been to 1) replace rather than add attractions (mostly), 2) dramatically reduce hourly capacity in new attractions as compared to what they replaced, and 3) reduce the length of attractions (including some they kept, looking at you figment, country bears, tiki, etc) which means people are back out looking for a new queue even faster.
Exactly. They don't have a plan for adding more capacity. Their plans are about squeezing in more guests and getting as close to running at full capacity every day of the year. All this FP/FP+/Genie/Genie+ is just a series of shell games to distract people from that fact.

Disney WANTS people to have a good time. They WANT lines to be short. And they're willing to do anything to make that happen. EXCEPT adding staff, adding rides, adding park hours or settling for less profit.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Fastpass was created to get people through attractions faster. They weren’t spending when in line. That was the start of the tipping of the finely designed and balanced formula of park capacity v queue
Yep, but it seems like the unintended consequences were that most people used it to find a different queue to stand in instead while waiting on their fastpass (thus standing in two lines), and it drives artificial demand to desirable attractions. I can’t tell you the amount of times that I’ve re-ridden something because of fastpass (look, a Space a mountain FP just opened up, we rode it earlier, but these are semi-tough to get so let’s walk across the entire park to get there) or genie (let’s rope drop to walk on this premium attraction and get a lightning lane so that we can do it again with no wait when things are really packed around noon) that I would never have done before.

Jeff4272

Every statistic I’ve seen from reputable, informed sources is that Disney Resort guests only represent ~50% of park guests on any given day in the parks. It seems a lot of people here think if you aren’t staying in a Disney resort you are some sort of second class citizen and therefore not worthy of taking advantage of anything (even if you’re willing to pay for it) at WDW. Disney isn’t foolish enough (despite what some here would like to profess) to just tell 50% of their visitors they don’t care about them and they can’t take advantage of any of these programs available in the parks.
There are 36,000 rooms in WDW.....At any average of 3 per room (would argue its higher), that's almost 110,000 guests per day (and likely more).....Parks average 160,000 per day

But...........My point was, in relation to DL, WDW has far more resort guests vs DL....

I should have clarified

Jeff4272

Fastpass was created to get people through attractions faster. They weren’t spending when in line. That was the start of the tipping of the finely designed and balanced formula of park capacity v queue
Martin.......Please tell us wholesale changes are coming?

Jeff4272

Honest opinions please.........I know its been suggested..........But hear this out and let me know what the flaws are here for both guests and WDW the company.........

1) A return to paid FP+ system, priced where acceptance is at the same or a bit less as Genie+ (so 1/4 to 1/3 of people buy it that would have had FP+ for free prior)

2) Company gets their revenue (likely higher than Genie+ do to higher pricing)

3) planners get their benefits back

4) if priced at $100 pp, then sell "day of" FP+ for $25.........plenty of availability left since FP+ purchase rate is only 1/4 to 1/3 of original FP+ and company makes even more money and cost is much less so people dont feel taken advantage of

5) Standby lines should be shorter vs lower FP+ rates vs old system

Please no "Because the company wont admit they were wrong" answers because quite frankly, they already have admitted they were wrong.

Its a disaster and everyone knows it

Why wouldnt this work?

mmascari

It seems a lot of people here think if you aren’t staying in a Disney resort you are some sort of second class citizen and therefore not worthy of taking advantage of anything (even if you’re willing to pay for it) at WDW.
PEASANTS! All of them just peasants.

Even the lowliest All Stars guest shall be vaulted above the off site Plaza Hotel guest.

Peasants, I say! 😜

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
That will be your biggest mistake. Disney will not send you to the attractions YOU want to go to, it will send you to the attractions THEY want you to go to ...a huge difference. I wouldn't trust Genie for anything.

It's every man for himself when it comes to Disney...a free for all that needs proper planning to get the best out of your day.
Have you used Genie and Genie+ at WDW?

Also when was the last time you used FP+?

kalel8145

Stayed up late to watch a 10:00 game, ended after midnight.
Got up at 6:00 to get ready for work, send the kids to school.
Standard coffee size, 20oz.

Can I call this training for our trip? 🤔

(Kidding, we already reserved G+ because we're suckers to spend the extra dollars.)
Close. Add 10 sets of 10 finger refresh presses to your routine.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep, but it seems like the unintended consequences were that most people used it to find a different queue to stand in instead
Indeed. That, filled the walkways, smashed the usual dining rotation plans, it basically tore up the rule book for park capacity and guest patterns / dispersal. All of a sudden the physical park realm was full of people with nothing to do.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Agreed but the only thing is Disney won’t bring back FP+. My suggestion is the best of a bad situation. By no means is it perfect but it simplifies the whole ability to not ride most of the rides without most people having to waste $15 per person per day just to ride Alien Swirling Saucers and see Muppetvision via LL. It’s a joke what you can actually do with G+ that you just wind up have to wait standby anyway.
how so? do you really think families want to wait hours on basically every "top tier" ride? rope dropping is truly not an option for many guests especially those with children and those who enjoy character meals.... & is a trip where you are stuck on line to ride 4-5 attractions say at the MK over a 7 hour span? So imo Disney should just admit they made a mistake and people are willing to pay for a skip the line system and people preferred FP+ ability so bring it back & spin it that you dont want to price out families like All these other parks do IE Uni, Hershey park etc. heck a good PR spin can turn this into a positive thing lol

Jrb1979

how so? do you really think families want to wait hours on basically every "top tier" ride? rope dropping is truly not an option for many guests especially those with children and those who enjoy character meals.... & is a trip where you are stuck on line to ride 4-5 attractions say at the MK over a 7 hour span? So imo Disney should just admit they made a mistake and people are willing to pay for a skip the line system and people preferred FP+ ability so bring it back & spin it that you dont want to price out families like All these other parks do IE Uni, Hershey park etc. heck a good PR spin can turn this into a positive thing lol
How have all those other parks priced out families?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom