Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

pdude81

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still comparatively expecting better than the August I've gotten used to though. I'm booked from the 7th to the 21st so will that have a bearing?
I think that's a good middle ground. You'll get some of the President's day crowds but that isn't always nuts, and wrap up just before Princess Half weekend. If going for 2 weeks in Feb that's about as good as you'll get.

Rich Brownn

Wait times were inflated on every single ride we rode this week at Epcot and MK, sometimes up to 50% of the actual wait. The only time they weren't inflated was the extended evening hours.
In the good old days ('70s) we'd take the wait time sign down and "stack" the line about 30 minutes before closing. (For those who don't know, stacking the line means cutting off most of the queue to make the entrance line look really long).

RSoxNo1

@lentesta over at Touring Plans indicated that Disney is well aware of the problems with Genie+, and that he heard that it will take $750MM to fix. :oops:
I think that needs more clarity. Is there an article supporting that number. I don't doubt Len, I just want to better understand the context.

I've spoken with him behind the scenes about Disney Genie and if he's not aware of the exact price point, he's got a ballpark. I also know that he developed a far superior planning tool for a fraction of a fraction of what Disney's price point was. I'm curious if that's what he's referring to.

RSoxNo1

The 2 PM time is the limitation that bothers me. The last couple of times I've been I was park hopping by 12 on at least a couple of days.
The issue I have with it is that if you have a park hopper you still need to check in at park one even if you arrive elsewhere after 2 PM. Yes, you can fix it at guest relations but this is just one of many operational complexities that unnecessarily mess with the guest experience.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I think that needs more clarity. Is there an article supporting that number. I don't doubt Len, I just want to better understand the context.

I've spoken with him behind the scenes about Disney Genie and if he's not aware of the exact price point, he's got a ballpark. I also know that he developed a far superior planning tool for a fraction of a fraction of what Disney's price point was. I'm curious if that's what he's referring to.
Best thing might be to ask him. It was a comment on a forum thread over on Touring Plans, and he didn’t elaborate any further as far as I remember.

Purduevian

The issue I have with it is that if you have a park hopper you still need to check in at park one even if you arrive elsewhere after 2 PM. Yes, you can fix it at guest relations but this is just one of many operational complexities that unnecessarily mess with the guest experience.
Isn't that exactly what disney wants though? For years we've talk about how the other 3 parks need to pull people away from MK. Now disney has a system in place that basically forces that to happen. Disney doesn't want you showing up to MK or DHS at 2pm. They want you to spend most of your day in EPCOT or AK because they have more room.

Touchdown

Isn't that exactly what disney wants though? For years we've talk about how the other 3 parks need to pull people away from MK. Now disney has a system in place that basically forces that to happen. Disney doesn't want you showing up to MK or DHS at 2pm. They want you to spend most of your day in EPCOT or AK because they have more room.
Except the parks that people book the most are DHS and MK.

Purduevian

Except the parks that people book the most are DHS and MK.
exactly...
Scenario:100,000 people want to go to Disney world on a specific day. 40,000 want to go to MK, 20,000 to each of the other 3

With no reservations everyone goes to the park they want, MK and DHS(smaller park) are both swamped and EPCOT and AK are comfortable and have lots of open space

With reservations limiting people. Maybe only 30,000 get into MK (sold out), 15,000 get into DHS (sold out) and EPCOT gets 30,000 and AK gets 25,000

Now Magic kingdom and DHS aren't as crowded and EPCOT and AK are closer to their capacity.

*The numbers are 100% made up

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
People, people, people. The Man Who Wears Skinny Jeans has decreed that Genie+ is a success, so we have it all wrong and must swoon over him like 15 year old girls when The Beatles arrived in America.

“The adoption has been far greater than we initially expected,” D’Amaro said. “That’s a good sign. People want the product. We’re able to see that guests who are purchasing Genie+ are getting on more of their preferred attractions. We know they’re moving around the parks in ways that are productive for them and, quite frankly, productive for the park. We can make sure that everybody is enjoying a great experience, and where there are pinch points we can redirect people. The early results are strong for us, but are we done? Not even close.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom