Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Thepuma

People, people, people. The Man Who Wears Skinny Jeans has decreed that Genie+ is a success, so we have it all wrong and must swoon over him like 15 year old girls when The Beatles arrived in America.
Genie+ IS a success and total and utter 100% success....to the Disney Shareholders and Disney themselves as its a money making scheme, to which it has achieved..and then some.

Its a success to Disney because it proves that, no matter how badly they treat their guests, no matter what money making scheme they throw out there, there are millions of gullible fools who will still throw their hard earned money at them.

I've always said, if Disney sold a turd in a Mickey Mouse box and charge $50, they would sell thousands of them. People somehow lose all sense of realism when they visit Disney.

There is a queue 50 deep for an overpriced Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream..and STILL people are happy to wait an hour for said ice cream. I have to give it to you Americans, you have way way more patience than us Brits...if you were at a British theme park and they charged £17 for a pint of beer, that bar would be empty.

Only Disney could get away with charging for a product that is highly inferior to the previous product and actually charge for the inferior product. The mind boggles.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Genie+ IS a success and total and utter 100% success....to the Disney Shareholders and Disney themselves as its a money making scheme, to which it has achieved..and then some.

Its a success to Disney because it proves that, no matter how badly they treat their guests, no matter what money making scheme they throw out there, there are millions of gullible fools who will still throw their hard earned money at them.

I've always said, if Disney sold a turd in a Mickey Mouse box and charge $50, they would sell thousands of them. People somehow lose all sense of realism when they visit Disney.

There is a queue 50 deep for an overpriced Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream..and STILL people are happy to wait an hour for said ice cream. I have to give it to you Americans, you have way way more patience than us Brits...if you were at a British theme park and they charged £17 for a pint of beer, that bar would be empty.

Only Disney could get away with charging for a product that is highly inferior to the previous product and actually charge for the inferior product. The mind boggles.
Yep. Pixie dust is a hell of a drug.

Ddad4

Day 2 of trying Genie+ on my trip. Worked ok to grab a few of the bigger rides and nice when you can stack a few at the end of the day. Pretty useless though after the second pick. Being able to pick a time would be a huge enhancement. I wasted so much time trying to wait for times to get later in the day to fit my plans. Too complicated. Disney got 2 days out of me but they will need to find someone else to make their numbers going forward. I think they will have trouble sustaining this over time. Just not enough value.

MagicHappens1971

front line CMs can say quite clearly, Genie+ is a success for no one except the bottom line of Disney. It’s a horrible guest experience (for most), while the system can be great if you do your homework and get up super early every day to start booking and keep on top of the every two hour window and what not, it does not work. And for the park that you basically need it the most (DHS) it is nearly impossible to get G+ for everything you would like

Jrb1979

front line CMs can say quite clearly, Genie+ is a success for no one except the bottom line of Disney. It’s a horrible guest experience (for most), while the system can be great if you do your homework and get up super early every day to start booking and keep on top of the every two hour window and what not, it does not work. And for the park that you basically need it the most (DHS) it is nearly impossible to get G+ for everything you would like
I agree with all that. It all comes back to making Genie+ available/accessible to everyone. I go to enough parks to know skip the line systems really only work when they have limited availability. Either by price or limiting how many are available.

Disney Glimpses

I agree with all that. It all comes back to making Genie+ available/accessible to everyone. I go to enough parks to know skip the line systems really only work when they have limited availability. Either by price or limiting how many are available.
🛎️🛎️🛎️

The unlimited inventory that is Genie+ is the entire problem. Raising the price is not going to quell negative feedback/sentiment either. Genie+ is not a success, by any stretch. Believe it or not, money is not everything to this company. Reputation and experience matter. That will become quite apparent in the coming weeks.

Jrb1979

🛎️🛎️🛎️

The unlimited inventory that is Genie+ is the entire problem. Raising the price is not going to quell negative feedback/sentiment either. Genie+ is not a success, by any stretch. Believe it or not, money is not everything to this company. Reputation and experience matter. That will become quite apparent in the coming weeks.
The way they have come out of Covid doesn't show they care much about reputation and experience.

IMO limiting Genie+ is really the way to fix it. You would a lot less complaints from people that can't afford versus those who bought the Genie+ now and can't get anything.

Disney Glimpses

The way they have come out of Covid doesn't show they care much about reputation and experience.

IMO limiting Genie+ is really the way to fix it. You would a lot less complaints from people that can't afford versus those who bought the Genie+ now and can't get anything.
Remember, they are dealing with insane volumes of people. It's a huge operation that they not only need to be able to financially support but they also need to continue restoring staff levels. They do care, but they want to get things right. Change is coming.

Trauma

Remember, they are dealing with insane volumes of people. It's a huge operation that they not only need to be able to financially support but they also need to continue restoring staff levels. They do care, but they want to get things right. Change is coming.
I’ll bite. What change?

If we get an earnings miss that may be enough to get Chapek fired.

Is that what your referring to?

Jrb1979

I would counter that with many parks I follow are having the same issues with insane volumes of people visiting. While they don't have the same staffing as Disney, they are expecting the same thing on a smaller scale.

JMcMahonEsq

@disneyglimpses I can understand the reservation system and the park hopping thing being due to staffing issues.

TBH if they truly did care about experiences and guest satisfaction then Magic Express wouldn't have been cancelled, Genie+ wouldn't be such a disaster and the biggest one they would have kept Extra Magic Hours for everyone, not just those who pay the most
Wait you understand that staffing is a major issue right now for all businesses, including Disney, but you think inspite of not having enough staff to operate parks during normal hours, they should keep the parks open longer for everyone???? So less staff=more operating hours in your mind?

Also how is it Extra Magic Hours if it’s offered to everyone? Extra implies in addition to something, more than normal. If extra magic hours were offered to everyone that’s not extra hours…that’s just extending normal park hours. So again your idea is that during a period of massively reduced staff to….increase park hours?

As for ME? Personally I loved it when we used to fly down to Disney as opposed to driving. I thought it was a great benifit to me then. But I also realized it was a service subsidized by all Disney guests, including many that never use ME. Any day trippers to the parks weren’t using ME. Anyone driving to the parks were not using ME. Anyone renting a car were not using ME. Anyone using Uber or private car services were not using ME. If cuts are being made I would rather they be made to services only some people use as opposed to everyone.

Jrb1979

Wait you understand that staffing is a major issue right now for all businesses, including Disney, but you think inspite of not having enough staff to operate parks during normal hours, they should keep the parks open longer for everyone???? So less staff=more operating hours in your mind?

Also how is it Extra Magic Hours if it’s offered to everyone? Extra implies in addition to something, more than normal. If extra magic hours were offered to everyone that’s not extra hours…that’s just extending normal park hours. So again your idea is that during a period of massively reduced staff to….increase park hours?

As for ME? Personally I loved it when we used to fly down to Disney as opposed to driving. I thought it was a great benifit to me then. But I also realized it was a service subsidized by all Disney guests, including many that never use ME. Any day trippers to the parks weren’t using ME. Anyone driving to the parks were not using ME. Anyone renting a car were not using ME. Anyone using Uber or private car services were not using ME. If cuts are being made I would rather they be made to services only some people use as opposed to everyone.
I'm not saying to give extra magic hours to everyone. Just all resort guests. They have taken a lot of reasons to stay on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom