Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Purduevian

DLP just announced an all access pass........There's no doubt in my mind thats coming to WDW....might be only offered to Hotel guest or certain level of hotel guests, but its got to be coming b they know how bad Genie(-) is

any guesses on ppp? I'm saying $149......so will be about $300 pp so get into park with a ticket and ride anything, anytime, once each
Ride every LL once (including ILL) Ill say $125 in the busy season and $200 in the super busy season (there is no slow season anymore)
Wonder if they would also make an unlimited version with re-rides $175-$250

MickeyLuv'r

I’m not sure if this has already been answered, but does anyone know if you can book a LL while out of state for your arrival day?

We will be traveling this summer and taking an early morning flight and will be in the parks for the afternoon and evening on our arrival date. If I’ve got a park ticket and buy G+ the night before, would I be able to book a LL at the opening window for later that afternoon/night. I would be in a different time zone and account for that for the opening window. I wasn’t sure if someone had already tried it and was curious to see if it would work.
Yes, so long as you have a good connection. I have not done this personally, but I have heard as much.

One caution though, is that I have fairly often experienced travel delays. For G+, I'd leave a healthy time margin, and I'd be even more careful about booking any ILL's, at least if you have more than 2 people in your group.

Oh, in summer afternoon storms are fairly common. I actually enjoy visiting in summer, but it takes a bit of strategy. I'm not 100%, but I think if the attraction happens to be down during your time window, it works like FP+ did. In the past, if attraction was down, you got an anytime/any attraction pass (well almost any attraction: like for MK Jungle Cruise might be excluded.)

The other thing is, We don't have much say in the return window times. If you have say a park reservation for MK that day, then the system will not know that you are not at WDW. If you are booking a pass at 7am, it can be tricky to get a 6pm pass.
If you have MK as your park, you could try booking passes for another park, and that would kinda solve one problem: your return times windows will automatically be for 2p or later, BUT that creates a new problem: you would have to either: A.) enter MK BEFORE you could enter a different park, OR B.) change your park pass to the other park. BUT...that is assuming the second park is available. It is a gamble.

This is another example of how WDW is just more dumbly complicated than it needs to be or ought to be.

arich35

I’m not sure if this has already been answered, but does anyone know if you can book a LL while out of state for your arrival day?

We will be traveling this summer and taking an early morning flight and will be in the parks for the afternoon and evening on our arrival date. If I’ve got a park ticket and buy G+ the night before, would I be able to book a LL at the opening window for later that afternoon/night. I would be in a different time zone and account for that for the opening window. I wasn’t sure if someone had already tried it and was curious to see if it would work.

We were actually sitting on our plane getting ready to leave when we booked SDD around 7:11 AM in December. We kept refreshing and a good time came up

Jeff4272

$3
I just think too many people would.

It would have to be even higher than Universals. If Disney ever did that here I imagine a >$300 price tag per day.

And you’d still have to schedule each of your 12 rides at 7 am.
$300 per person? Plus park ticket? So for my family of 5, it would cost me $450 per person, per day for a total of $2,250 per day?

No F^+%+% way. That’s pretty much what vIp private guides cost and not “too many” people buy those.

Jabeth

What has been people's experience with Genie+ and rider switch? We're thinking of getting G+ but we also have little ones that can't get on some attractions we'd like to ride.

WDWFREAK53

Or go back to standby...
Haven't really thought the logistics of it out but what if you had only standby but once the standby line reaches 45 minutes, it goes to a virtual queue with a 15 minute return time to enter the holding pen that gets added onto the standby. So standby would continue to move, but 15 minute blocks of people would get added to the end of the standby. If you choose to push off the return window, you can do it one time if available or cancel the return window.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Haven't really thought the logistics of it out but what if you had only standby but once the standby line reaches 45 minutes, it goes to a virtual queue with a 15 minute return time to enter the holding pen that gets added onto the standby. So standby would continue to move, but 15 minute blocks of people would get added to the end of the standby. If you choose to push off the return window, you can do it one time if available or cancel the return window.
Problem with that is that there's no where for those people to go.

G00fyDad

As a software professional, it blows my mind that this project could even approach that amount.

Maybe that figure included the amount needed to completely scrap this and go to something else entirely? Not just a fix but a complete overhaul. Signage, infrastructure, software and hardware, training, etc. I would love to see this morph into something better. I know a lot of people disagree with me but I'd prefer going back to a FP+ situation even if they charged for it. I only ever got my 3 FP's 180or 60 days out and then if I got a chance to ride something else on a FP it was a rare occasion because of the way I utilized the 3 I already had.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Maybe that figure included the amount needed to completely scrap this and go to something else entirely? Not just a fix but a complete overhaul. Signage, infrastructure, software and hardware, training, etc. I would love to see this morph into something better. I know a lot of people disagree with me but I'd prefer going back to a FP+ situation even if they charged for it. I only ever got my 3 FP's 180or 60 days out and then if I got a chance to ride something else on a FP it was a rare occasion because of the way I utilized the 3 I already had.
@lentesta stated that the figure was just for software changes.

I'm with you. I prefer the FP+ model.

pdude81

They don't have the line space to manage the guests they have now in standby only, so a skip/rationing system is still necessary. And if they moved to a VQ/standby system they'd be more or less doing the same thing they are doing now, but for free. They'd still have to pay for the infrastructure and software updates to make it work. Our best hope here is that they build more rides and improve the usability of the system they have now, because any major change is going to end up costing us more money. Remember what happened when we asked for the new one to work like Maxpass?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom