Disney Genie, Genie+, and Lightning Lane Frequently Asked Questions for Walt Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
The 1pm VQ drop for GotG is open to all who have tapped in to Epcot that day. As long as you have entered EP earlier that day you’d still be able to try for 1pm GotG VQ from outside Epcot (and only IF you were unable to get a VQ boarding group at the 7am drop).

Most Mondays have a 6pm drop for guests using Deluxe Extended Evening Hours. For that you must be staying onsite deluxe resort, and have either a park reservation or ability to hop via hoppers or annual pass. You do not need to be in Epcot to book, but you need to have swiped into the park you chose for your park reservation. You ride again via the 6pm drop even if you have already taken a ride via the 7am or 1pm VQ.
Is the bolded part true?

If you have an Epcot reservation and only intend to go during the extended evening hours I thought you could still book even if you haven’t tapped in yet?

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Is the bolded part true?

If you have an Epcot reservation and only intend to go during the extended evening hours I thought you could still book even if you haven’t tapped in yet?
Thanks for Pointing that out. On closer inspection I think you are correct. Dang these things are convoluted 😂

Beside being a deluxe resort guest that day, it looks like you need EITHER:
Epcot park pass reservation for that day
OR
hopper or AP with hopping ability AND have already entered and checked in to a not EPcot park Park Pass Reservation.

From WDW site.

Extended Evening Theme Park Hours

An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours, a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or, they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for Pointing that out. On closer inspection I think you are correct. Dang these things are convoluted 😂

Beside being a deluxe resort guest that day, it looks like you need EITHER:
Epcot park pass reservation for that day
OR
hopper or AP with hopping ability AND have already entered and checked in to a not EPcot park Park Pass Reservation.

From WDW site.

Extended Evening Theme Park Hours

An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours, a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or, they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.
Convoluted is an understatement!

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'm assuming this one books first and fast. I used G+ for SDD at 7am (4:10pm). 160 min standby line. Best decision I've made this trip.

Here's what the past 30 days have been like via Thrill Data - grey means no availability during that time.

IMG_E287CE9709A7-1.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I thought I was fully up to date with all of the changes, but I've gone and confused myself. I'm looking to confirm my understanding of the early-morning process and how it differs for on-site and off-site guests. Please confirm:

Genie+ purchase - All guests can purchase starting at midnight
Genie+ lightning lane - All guests can book starting at 7:00 AM
Individual lightning lane - On-site guests can book starting at 7:00 AM, off-site guests can book starting at park open
Virtual queue for GotG - All guests can book starting at 7:00 AM

Is that all correct?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I thought I was fully up to date with all of the changes, but I've gone and confused myself. I'm looking to confirm my understanding of the early-morning process and how it differs for on-site and off-site guests. Please confirm:

Genie+ purchase - All guests can purchase starting at midnight
Genie+ lightning lane - All guests can book starting at 7:00 AM
Individual lightning lane - On-site guests can book starting at 7:00 AM, off-site guests can book starting at park open
Virtual queue for GotG - All guests can book starting at 7:00 AM

Is that all correct?

That is correct! The only note is not all guests can join the Virtual Queue for Cosmic Rewind at 7am - only those with an EPCOT Park Reservation.

Tabby1395

Just trying to understand

If i have an epcot reservation and a park hopper ticket and buy Cosmic Rewind as my first ILL @ 7AM if its even available. At the same time can I buy an AVATAR ILL? Also how quickly does the ILL sell out for Cosmic Rewind? Finally if i buy the ILL can I also play the virtual Queue game?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Just trying to understand

If i have an epcot reservation and a park hopper ticket and buy Cosmic Rewind as my first ILL @ 7AM if its even available. At the same time can I buy an AVATAR ILL? Also how quickly does the ILL sell out for Cosmic Rewind? Finally if i buy the ILL can I also play the virtual Queue game?

If you purchase the Individual Lightning Lane for Cosmic Rewind, you can still purchase one for Flight of Passage if available, but the return time will need to be after 2pm.

The Individual Lightning Lane for Cosmic Rewind was available until roughly 8:20am yesterday and 9:55am today.

Yes, you can try to enter the Virtual Queue even if you have purchased an Individual Lightning Lane.

Last edited:

jannerUK

We are going in the summer of 2023 and reading these threads I am starting to get worried - should I be? Simple thing is is that we have a 14 day park pass so it is not like we are going for 1 or 2 days. Genie + is going to be expensive for us as six adults and we have already forked out loads for the actual experience and holiday.
We are going from the 5th August for 19 days. How realistic is it going to be that without pruchasing G+ that we are going to have a poor, difficult or miserable experience. Is it going to be the case that we will miss out on so much and get frustrated. Or is the story different, I hear that the latter weeks of those 19 days most of Florida quietens down as Stateside tourists and Florida locals go back to school after the holidays. Would this work in our favour.
I get excited with each passing day but also more worried. We cannot do 14x6x$25 dollars....

arich35

We are going in the summer of 2023 and reading these threads I am starting to get worried - should I be? Simple thing is is that we have a 14 day park pass so it is not like we are going for 1 or 2 days. Genie + is going to be expensive for us as six adults and we have already forked out loads for the actual experience and holiday.
We are going from the 5th August for 19 days. How realistic is it going to be that without pruchasing G+ that we are going to have a poor, difficult or miserable experience. Is it going to be the case that we will miss out on so much and get frustrated. Or is the story different, I hear that the latter weeks of those 19 days most of Florida quietens down as Stateside tourists and Florida locals go back to school after the holidays. Would this work in our favour.
I get excited with each passing day but also more worried. We cannot do 14x6x$25 dollars....

No you shouldn't be worried. Since you will be there so long you will have plenty of time to see everything you want. I would just pick a few days to actually buy Genie+ to make sure you hit what you really want if you don't want to wait nearly 2 hours. Or take advantage of early entry and rope drop, get in line during fireworks some nights. There are plenty of ways to avoid using Genie+ and still seeing everything you want.
Disney will always be busy, never been in the summer but you are probably right that mid August will start to slow down a bit but their are a lot of schools out there that don't start until closer til September

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom