Disney Genie, Genie+, and Lightning Lane Frequently Asked Questions for Walt Disney World

JaxFLBear

Do you think we will have to buy the Disney Genie plus for every park day on our trip or can we pick and choose which days we want to buy it for?
From the link in Post #1:

19. Do I have to purchase Genie+ for the entire length of my trip?​

If purchased as part of a vacation package ahead of your visit, Genie+ is purchased for the entire length of the stay at $15 per ticket per day.
If not purchased ahead of time, Genie+ can be added on a day-by-day basis.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I have a Q:
With MaxPass, there were 3 ways to reset the clock on pulling another FP:
1) using your FP
2) 90 minutes passed
3) your official return window started, so long as 30 minutes had passed from when you pulled the FP

It is clear that (1) will apply to Genie+ and it sounds likely that some amount of time will be given for condition (2), but what do we know about the fate of return time option (3)?

UNCgolf

I have a Q:
With MaxPass, there were 3 ways to reset the clock on pulling another FP:
1) using your FP
2) 90 minutes passed
3) your official return window started, so long as 30 minutes had passed from when you pulled the FP

It is clear that (1) will apply to Genie+ and it sounds likely that some amount of time will be given for condition (2), but what do we know about the fate of return time option (3)?

My understanding is that Disney hasn't answered this yet.

CaptainAmerica

Any word on how this will interact with park hopping? If I'm in Animal Kingdom eating lunch, can I book my next ride for Epcot that afternoon?

Namaari

Would also love to know if we can select Lightning Lanes and/or purchase individual attractions for other members in our party via the My Disney Experience app. Some members of my family are not very tech-savvy and are worried about Genie+ making it more difficult for our trip this year.

nickys

Premium Member
Would also love to know if we can select Lightning Lanes and/or purchase individual attractions for other members in our party via the My Disney Experience app. Some members of my family are not very tech-savvy and are worried about Genie+ making it more difficult for our trip this year.
Since BGs operate on a friends and family basis I’m sure Genie+ will do so.

SteveAZee

Since BGs operate on a friends and family basis I’m sure Genie+ will do so.
For me, it's a question of who gets charged at that point... am I allowed to buy an Individual ride for those in my party and have each charge go to their credit card, or does it all go to mine and we have to work it out later? Either way, it seems problematic... either I'm authorized to make charges to their account, or there's a whole lot of settling of expenses afterward... unless I'm missing something.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I want the ticket book back....

Attachments

• TicketBook.jpg
    TicketBook.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 119

nickys

Premium Member
For me, it's a question of who gets charged at that point... am I allowed to buy an Individual ride for those in my party and have each charge go to their credit card, or does it all go to mine and we have to work it out later? Either way, it seems problematic... either I'm authorized to make charges to their account, or there's a whole lot of settling of expenses afterward... unless I'm missing something.
My guess is that whoever is logged in and buying will be charged. But it’s a good question.

CaptainAmerica

How is that any different than anything else?

If you order a turkey sandwich for yourself and a turkey sandwich for your friend, you pay for both. If your friend wants to pay for it himself, he can order his own turkey sandwich.

SteveAZee

How is that any different than anything else?

If you order a turkey sandwich for yourself and a turkey sandwich for your friend, you pay for both. If your friend wants to pay for it himself, he can order his own turkey sandwich.
I guess I'm thinking about it as paid FPs that you'd like to buy/reserve as a bundle for everyone in your party at the same time.

Cesar R M

Hey guys, do I assume that all fastpasses are currently disabled while they transition to MyGenie? or is MyGenie already in sort of operating form?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Hey guys, do I assume that all fastpasses are currently disabled while they transition to MyGenie? or is MyGenie already in sort of operating form?
Fastpass does not currently exist at WDW or Disneyland Resort except for Club 33 members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom