Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Is no one else concerned that genie will just plan your day by giving you all of the old throwaway fastpasses? Future genie itinerary: philharmagic, Ariel, COP, hop, and philharmagic.

This is more likely to be a garbage system based on the incentive Disney has to manipulate it to extract more cash from its guests in the name of “better options “
Only if you decide to use it. You don't have to use it or use Genie +. It is all voluntary. I don't get why people don't understand that or why they are confused about how Genie + works? It is so simple to understand:

Those fastpasses and fastpass ride entrances you would use is now called Lightning Lane. It is no longer free. If you want a fastpass for the majority of rides that use them its 20 bucks per day. Some require an individual purchase. Simple.

People need to forget this "tier 1" and "tier 2" talk because they are confusing themselves. Disney will let you know in advance what rides you have to pay seperatley for if you want a fastpass for said ride. It is all voluntary. None of this crap is needed for you to ride a ride at Disneyland. Park had no fastpass for decades and no one complained. You don't have to do it. You can get in standby or a boarding group for the rides that require it and still have a great day in the parks. "BuT We UsEd To GeT It FoR FrEe". So what? Once someone knows you are willing to pay for something (maxpass), you will never get it again for free. Disney is runing a business not a charity.

Patcheslee

I'm back on page 52. I wonder how parent swap will work into the pay to ride attractions. Is this why they changed the exact number or guests that could ride the 2nd time around?
And you’d be painfully wrong. The majority will most definitely shill out the $15 a day.
Buy now, wait for prices to go up, sell to pay for your Genie+ ;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Right with you. Similar issue here for why I have used DAs. I'm often there alone so having to run to a rest room is a huge problem when the line is long. How will they decide if I'm abusing the system?
They will issue you a roll of toilet paper. If you have any left at the end of the day, you will be deemed as having abused the system. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Depends how much it is. The release stated rides will range between 4 and 24 dollars based on park, time of year, etc. But that's for the Lightning Lane rides not using Genie + to get LPs. Its $15 a day for that regardless of time of year. Will Rise be considered a Lightning Lane purchase if you cant get a boarding group? Will it be price ranged the same as the other headliners you pay for separately? If so the price would be a maximum of $24, which I have a hard time believing it's that low priced. I'm guessing Rise and Remy will have their own pricing tier based on time of year and demand as well but separate from the Lightning Lane headliners that you pay per. If not, anyone can do Rise for free with a boarding group or pay 24 dollars per person in their party.
It’s likely boarding groups will be ended by then.

Waters Back Side

Only if you decide to use it. You don't have to use it or use Genie +. It is all voluntary. I don't get why people don't understand that or why they are confused about how Genie + works? It is so simple to understand:

Those fastpasses and fastpass ride entrances you would use is now called Lightning Lane. It is no longer free. If you want a fastpass for the majority of rides that use them its 20 bucks per day. Some require an individual purchase. Simple.

People need to forget this "tier 1" and "tier 2" talk because they are confusing themselves. Disney will let you know in advance what rides you have to pay seperatley for if you want a fastpass for said ride. It is all voluntary. None of this crap is needed for you to ride a ride at Disneyland. Park had no fastpass for decades and no one complained. You don't have to do it. You can get in standby or a boarding group for the rides that require it and still have a great day in the parks. "BuT We UsEd To GeT It FoR FrEe". So what? Once someone knows you are willing to pay for something (maxpass), you will never get it again for free. Disney is runing a business not a charity.

The problem is and has always been though that if you go during the 7 or 8 real busy weeks like the summer time, Christmas/New Years, Thanksgiving etc, the choice of not purchasing Genie + or the choice of not paying for individual rides will require long waits. No matter what. Go on Christmas week or spring break and attempt not to purchase the Genie +. You will not be able to do a whole lot without waiting or paying.

People seem to forget this. Peak weeks are peak weeks for a reason..that's when most people are able to take a vacation. Like rush hour is when the most people are on the road. What you are saying is true for the end of August and September and February.

So yeah...as long as there is a high capacity and if its busy at WDW the only way you can make the best of your time is to pay $$$.

Tha Realest

Wow Disney is really getting slammed on social media for this news. Even the official Disney Parks blog comments are pretty ugly. I hope they are seeing this.

I knew it was likely to be a bad reaction but I didn’t think it would be this bad. It’s overwhelmingly hate vs like.
Good. The NY Times story appears negative too. Bob Iger will not like that one bit. Sadly, they are too far invested and committed into this and $$-per-visitor prevails over guest satisfaction, so buckle up.

magnanimous66

Oh you want fastpass, yeah that's going to cost extra, on top of the already thousands spent to come to your stupid park. Im sorry Disney finally and truly sucks! Money grubbing bloodsucking vampires. What would Walt think?

KrzyKtty

I wonder how this will affect Touringplans’ business and if it will make their ability to come up with efficient plans much more difficult.
It's impossible that it won't have some sort of effect, but I really do not expect it to put them out of business. I think where it will hurt their bottom line the most is with brand new users who are thinking about using a planned itinerary for the first time. However for those families that have been using those sort of tools already, I expect more than a fair share of them will stick with third parties like touring plans. Anybody who is used to using information like that to plan a more enjoyable trip for themselves is not going to trust Disney to provide the same level of service. As a third party supplier, touring plans has no other motive than to provide the very best service they can because their entire business model relies on that. Disney on the other hand will definitely use this service to manipulate and push people where they please rather than what is best for the user. Anyone he uses the service thinking otherwise deserves what they get

Waters Back Side

It’s likely boarding groups will be ended by then.

Which then makes me wonder...will Rise be priced the same as the other individual rides? Unless the press release is misleading, prices will range from $4 to $24. If Rise will be a purchas only option what's the most it will be during a busy week.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Which then makes me wonder...will Tise be priced the same as the other individual rides? Unless the press release is misleading, prices will range from $4 to $24. If Rise will be a purchas only option what's the most it will be during a busy week.
I anticipate it to be Pay or standby / VQ

I also anticipate it to be $24 to start with. Robbing barstools.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Which then makes me wonder...will Tise be priced the same as the other individual rides? Unless the press release is misleading, prices will range from $4 to $24. If Rise will be a purchas only option what's the most it will be during a busy week.
Disney hasn't given any pricing yet. That information was not part of the original announcement.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Also you don't 'have to' get up at 7am to make a purchase for a Lightning Lane Pass ride that requires a seperate purchase. That is the earliest YOU CAN do it. Guess what, if you want to buy a Rise of The Resistance Lightning Lane Pass, you can still do it ANY TIME AFTER 7. If you are in your hotel, sleep in, wake up, go to the park, make your purchase then. You will still be able to. This is not complicated people. You don't have to do anything.

CvKO88cVYAAoAj1.jpg

Attachments

• CvKO88cVYAAoAj1.jpg
    CvKO88cVYAAoAj1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 30

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom