Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

IanDLBZF

Look, I know some people really like Uni but even with Epic it is not a full week visit for most people. EU will help but USF needs a ton of work, IoA could use a little and most people skip water parks. Two days is about the max we can do before we are ready to leave.

Once EU opens we will go down for a day and hit that. We are debating on an extra day for IoA but that is it.
And probably much less with park-to-park.

bwr827

For the first time I'm considering doing the first two or three days at Universal staying at a Universal hotel and cutting the time at Disney including nights at the resort.
Our next trip is already balanced 3 nights at Disney, 4 at Universal, with 3 park days each.

The hotels at Universal are approx 40% cheaper and just as nice or nicer, depending on what aspects are important to you.

Eg walkability is big for my family. We love rope dropping and at many Universal hotels you don’t need to wait for a bus or skyliner — you can just walk 10-20 minutes at whatever ungodly hour you like.

Saskdw

Look, I know some people really like Uni but even with Epic it is not a full week visit for most people. EU will help but USF needs a ton of work, IoA could use a little and most people skip water parks. Two days is about the max we can do before we are ready to leave.

Once EU opens we will go down for a day and hit that. We are debating on an extra day for IoA but that is it.
I guess it depends on your vacation style.
To me Epic is a 4 day park on its own to really enjoy all it has to offer.

The park commandos who power through the rides and don't take time to enjoy the atmosphere wouldn't spend more than a week at WDW either.

Dranth

Why not give onsite included with a hotel stay - Make folks want to upgrade their hotel and stop the nickel and diming.
Deluxe, and DVC get 6 LL 2-1s and 4-2s
Moderates get 4 LL 1 - 1 and 3 - 2s
Values and good neighbor hotels get 3LL 1- 1 and 2 -2s

Offsite hotels get the same as values with add purchase LL
Too much inventory being removed before the day even starts. If they wanted to do something like that I would imagine they would have to use the prebooking time frame as the hook:

• Deluxe - 7 days out
  • Moderate - 5 days out
  • Value - 3 days out
  • Good Neighbor hotels - 1 or 2 days out
  • Offsite - 1 day or day of visit

osian

I sent an email to customer services about the international thing, and the reply came back:

"While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States"

Great. They expect international visitors to do their pre-arrival planning AFTER they have arrived. I'm going to order a TARDIS...

Brian

I sent an email to customer services about the international thing, and the reply came back:

"While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States"

Great. They expect international visitors to do their pre-arrival planning AFTER they have arrived. I'm going to order a TARDIS...
Technically, they're not wrong. There are no direct flights from abroad landing on WDW property. It's still pre-arrival on the bus from MCO to their resort. ;)

Joking aside, it's lame their canned response is just nitpicking about semantics instead of addressing the actual point. Even just saying what would amount to 'thanks for the feedback' would be better than that.

Dranth

I guess it depends on your vacation style.
To me Epic is a 4 day park on its own to really enjoy all it has to offer.

The park commandos who power through the rides and don't take time to enjoy the atmosphere wouldn't spend more than a week at WDW either.
I can see it for a lot of people. I could likely spend the entire day sitting in the monsters area but the rest doesn't do much for me.

Either way, I expect one of the reasons both Uni and Disney are down this year is because many are waiting for EU to open and then will hit both Disney and Uni.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can see it for a lot of people. I could likely spend the entire day sitting in the monsters area but the rest doesn't do much for me.

Either way, I expect one of the reasons both Uni and Disney are down this year is because many are waiting for EU to open and then will hit both Disney and Uni.
A re-themed Tiana ride plus Shrek and Kung Fu Panda aren’t moving the needle? ;) 2025 should be Epic for sure….make sure to book your lightning lanes in advance :)

Vegas Disney Fan

Our first casualty will either be our HS day or will be combining IOA and USF into a park hopper day, depending on whether Epic needs a second day we’ll probably end up with 3-4 days at Disney and 2-3 at Uni… 10 years ago that would have been 6 days at WDW.

MK is the one park that could benefit from losing some guests to Uni but unfortunately it’ll be the last park day most people will sacrifice.

osian

Technically, they're not wrong. There are no direct flights from abroad landing on WDW property. One can plan all their rides while on the bus from MCO to their resort. ;)

Joking aside, it's lame their canned response is just nitpicking about semantics instead of addressing the actual point.
Indeed. But even on the bus on the first day of the resort stay, they've lost that 7-day head start that domestic visitors have had.

With all other FP systems that Disney has had, everyone was equal and had the same chance (given that there were on-site advantages).

easyrowrdw

also curious on:
- what tier 1s if any will be left the day of and throughout the day
- what availability will be like throughout the day as people are able to book another as soon as they use 1
My thoughts… the pattern right now seems to be that the most popular rides have availability but it is often later in the day. The less popular rides have more immediate availability. I feel like that’s going to be the same now. The Tier 1 rides are the most popular so it seems to me it’ll be the same dilemma of better ride later vs lesser ride now. Although with character meetings being removed, lesser rides could go faster just due to having fewer options.

Dranth

For sure. It makes that benefit of staying at a Disney resort moot for international guests.
For some yes but a lot do 14 days plus meaning they will still be on equal footing for the second week. Not what anyone wants to hear I know but unless there is a legal issue I tend to think Disney will eventually allow it by either updating the app or putting together some other work around.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My thoughts… the pattern right now seems to be that the most popular rides have availability but it is often later in the day. The less popular rides have more immediate availability. I feel like that’s going to be the same now. The Tier 1 rides are the most popular so it seems to me it’ll be the same dilemma of better ride later vs lesser ride now. Although with character meetings being removed, lesser rides could go faster just due to having fewer options.
They could just add in the ILL attractions to LL options to have more choices and then raise the price of it. That would also less complicate things (single pass vs multi pass which doesn’t include the single pass which is just dumb sounding)

Vegas Disney Fan

They could just add in the ILL attractions to LL options to have more choices and then raise the price of it. That would also less complicate things (single pass vs multi pass which doesn’t include the single pass which is just dumb sounding)
I agree but then they couldn’t double dip, it would leave a lot of money on the table. Why make $25 per person when you can fleece them for $50 per person. (Ignoring the fact many will reduce other spending as a result of LL and ILL).

Deadly Danson

What an abysmal reply. I'll email them shortly and tell them exactly what I think - I'm sure I'll get the same stock reply but it is totally unacceptable that international resort guests will have to pay exactly the same for Genie+ as USA guests but will have significantly less choice and in some cases no option to book certain rides. The more I think about it the more I find the behaviour of Disney on this absolutely dreadful. I'm determined to enjoy my holiday regardless but Jesus this has left a sour taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom