Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sectorkeeper71

Express would never work at Walt Disney World, hell no I’m not paying upwards of $320 for skip the line not even at Universal for that matter.
That’s the point. Less people using the system means shorter stand by queues. I’d much prefer that (which I also wouldn’t buy) and wait in a constantly moving line than this absolute mess they’ve made with a “pay to use” system that isn’t a barrier for entry to most folks going to the parks

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Express would never work at Walt Disney World, hell no I’m not paying upwards of $320 for skip the line at Universal for that matter.
I agree

But the reason it wouldn’t work is because they’re already overcharging so much for everything in LBV…that they’d be getting screamed at if people were told it was sold out.

When you’re in deep…it’s tough to pull out of it

Dranth

Of course people who plan out their day and get out earlier and spend more time at the parks are going to get more out of it. What were you expecting?
That group has always got more out of every service, including G+. The difference is it gave people who didn't want to be forced into park commandos everyday of their trip a chance at more than one good selection a day.

phillip9698

That’s the point. Less people using the system means shorter stand by queues. I’d much prefer that (which I also wouldn’t buy) and wait in a constantly moving line than this absolute mess they’ve made with a “pay to use” system that isn’t a barrier for entry to most folks going to the parks

Yeah, its not a barrier at all, its just free money for Disney. People shelling out $6k on a trip arent going to draw a line in the sand at a $20 fast pass system.

Sectorkeeper71

I would love to just abolish all of it and have standby only (with exceptions for DAS). It is so much smoother that way. But, money talks.
Or go back to the original fastpass system (but digital) and have it based on attractions that only have demand for it instead of everything under the sun.

The original fastpass had a basis in crowd flow and capacity management. Everything after has just been a Pandora’s box set on by corporate to try and make money

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

This is my dream. Price it so high that usage drops so much that stand-by lines would speed up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s not gonna work…

The reality is this: the last time they truly added theme park capacity was in the late 90s…when clicks were about 40 mil.

What were they saying 2018-19 was? 58 +

This is just a numbers game. Bob thought he could “lose” that game and “win” the money by default…
…but this is just it all coming to a head

donsullivan

Premium Member
One part of this I haven't seen clarity on is how they will limit the number of these they will sell in advance. With the advanced booking, they'll have to hold back some capacity from the 7-day advance so there is something left for the 3-day guests. Otherwise, they'll have the same overselling issue they had when Genie+ started. I'm kind of curious how the presales capacity management will play out.

Disneydad1012

One part of this I haven't seen clarity on is how they will limit the number of these they will sell in advance. With the advanced booking, they'll have to hold back some capacity from the 7-day advance so there is something left for the 3-day guests. Otherwise, they'll have the same overselling issue they had when Genie+ started. I'm kind of curious how the presales capacity management will play out.
or the 3 day guests have nothing to choose, and it entices them to stay onsite instead?

RSoxNo1

Is anyone else REALLY hoping it isn't prebooking anymore than the first ride of the day?

I'd take being able to purchase ahead of time as well.

Here's a look at the LL Multi Pass tiers for Magic Kingdom, EPCOT and Disney's Hollywood Studios via Brooke Geiger McDonald:

View attachment 794452
Well, @lentesta looked to be 100% correct on this. They managed to take the most complicated components of each of these systems, combine them and put them behind a paywall. Bang up job Disney.

This wasn't that hard to fix... 1 attraction in advance. That's all you had to do. The Tier 2 attractions don't add enough value to justify the extra complexity.

The one moderately pleasant surprise is you only need to do 1 attraction to have access to whatever scraps are left for the day of Lightning Lanes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom