Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Alright, now I have the option to pay to be disappointed when I can't find anything good or isn't a walk-on after I use the first three fka Fastpasses!

At least someone finally realized the unneeded confusion of the naming structure of Genie, Genie+, Lightning Lane, etc.
Fastpass + for a fee

No real difference. But now people can book mine train from Chicago…instead of getting up an maybe walking a tad fast?

Dr.GrantSeeker

Alright, now I have the option to pay to be disappointed when I can't find anything good or isn't a walk-on after I use the first three fka Fastpasses!

At least someone finally realized the unneeded confusion of the naming structure of Genie, Genie+, Lightning Lane, etc.
Even better! We now have Genie, Lighting Lane Single pass and Lighting Lane Multipass!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Well this was certainly unexpected. I guess G+ isn't as magical as it used to be to the bean counters....

But can I just say from a marketing perspective the whole Multi-Pass / Single Pass thing is confusing as hell.

From a normal guest's perspective you would think that a Multi-Pass will entitle you to everything a Single-Pass gets you, just "multiple" of them.

But NO.

The Single pass is only for select attractions that are not available to the multi-pass. So you would still need to buy a single-pass even if you bought a multi-pass to experience those specific attractions.

Who is green lighting this garbage? Seriously is there anybody there that even remotely knows *or cares* what they're doing?

pdude81

Well this was certainly unexpected. I guess G+ isn't as magical as it used to be to the bean counters....

But can I just say from a marketing perspective the whole Multi-Pass / Single Pass thing is confusing as hell.

From a normal guest's perspective you would think that a Multi-Pass will entitle you to everything a Single-Pass gets you, just "multiple" of them.

But NO.

The Single pass is only for select attractions that are not available to the multi-pass. So you would still need to buy a single-pass even if you bought a multi-pass to experience those specific attractions.

Who is green lighting this garbage? Seriously is there anybody there that even remotely knows what they're doing?
There are a lot of different opinions on how this should work. Someone will always be p---d off. But if it p---es off each group a little bit, perhaps that's where the best path lies.

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

So no more multiple parks, or are they all "multiple parks" now when you run out, like FP+?

Let's see if all the people who complained about G+ and said they would be glad to get paid FP+ back actually pay for this.
Unless the price is insane, I'll buy it. It addresses my 2 biggest G+ complaints - waking up early on vacation and not being able to pick times. It also slightly improves upon FP+ by not forcing you to wait until using up all 3 selections before picking additional ones. It's not perfect, but it's a definite improvement for me and my family.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Except for the obvious lucrative revenue stream for Disney, I find Genie to be confusing, expensive and very limiting. It’s almost impossible now to have a decent wait time for the stand by line, too.
Oh I'm pretty sure that the reason why they're doing this is because too many people were using the standby line because they didn't want to deal or know how to deal with this crap.

Dranth

Well, that is unfortunate. I was really hoping they would keep it to one prebook so preplanning could be kept to a minimum. It felt nice to finally have some options when going to the park instead of being bound to decisions made by past me.

Wonder if they will still let you move times on your preselects? Also, I didn't see anything about tiers, so I guess that did not happen. Glad it didn’t but I feel sorry for anyone who waits until day of to buy this as everything will be gone ahead of time. Even if Disney saves drops for throughout the day, eventually it will get figured out and be eaten up immediately.

Any bets on how quickly G+ sells out now? Will be interesting to see if it ends up with people who have shorter vacations not being able to get it at all.

ETA: Never mind, caught up with the thread and see there are tiers. Hope everyone who doesn't have a 10+ day trip staying on site enjoys their selections.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom