Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Eric Graham

There is a wonderful Florida restaurant that sits right on the ocean that I like to go to, so relaxing and so very nice where you don't have to pay for overly exorbitant fees for rides and sit in long waits for rides. And relax, and just have a beverage and so very delicious seafood caught fresh daily. So very nice to eat your food while your watching the sunset and dolphins frolic over the water. So Awesome!

Last edited:

Eric Graham

Know Destin well back in the early 70's stationed at Eglin AFB before eel the development could drive on the beach to the inlet. Sons now live in Gulf Breeze will have to give Back Porch a try next time we are down there.
Oh very cool that you were stationed in the military. Thank you so much for your service. My grandfather was at Oak Ridge before the WW2 and was at Nagasaki. We didn't find out that until after his death because he had to keep all of that a secret. And we used to have a house at Beaufort, SC. And a number of our neighbors flew FA18s. One time one of the pilots buzzed the neighborhood, which is not a great thing to do because it can shatter all of the windows in homes. While I was there, they filmed Forrest Gump and GI Jane there. It was really cool when I took my wife back a few years ago and it was so cool a few FA18s were screaming in the air over us.

Last edited:

Eric Graham

Funny, there used to be definite down times in the park during the year....May/September etc Now it seems every time we end up going it is a busy time.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But did they know?? You did not need Genie+ or ILL this past week because everything was available and not a long wait...at all! Why was Genie+ so high and the parks were so light? The week before was opposite, packed and "cheaper" pricing. This company is nuts I tell ya.
They’ve succeeded in conditioning many/most guests into believing they “need” Genie- to do the things they want to do.

Eric Graham

My wife showed me pictures from the Daily Mail today of all of the parks. I know it's Spring Break, but those pictures were crazy busy. On the site, they told people flying to Orlando to give themselves three hours leeway for the flight.

LittleBuford

There is a wonderful Florida restaurant that sits right on the ocean that I like to go to, so relaxing and so very nice where you don't have to pay for overly exorbitant fees for rides and sit in long waits for rides. And relax, and just have a beverage and so very delicious seafood caught fresh daily. So very nice to eat your food while your watching the sunset and dolphins frolic over the water. So Awesome!
That’s great. But it sounds like a totally different experience from a holiday at WDW.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Three hours is standard for international flights. Daily Mail is also tabloid garbage.
and anyone can take a photo at Disney in a certain area at a certain time to make it look busy whether it is or not

Also, I would probably be at the MCO airport 3 hours ahead of time regardless. Which is why I usually fly into Orlando / Sanford

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just checked wait times today.…would have expected to see higher waits being spring break / Easter week

I've been watching the highway traffic this weekend and aside from the usual suspects ( before and after Savannah on I95, Ocala to just past the Turnpike on I75, I-4 from Orlando to Lakeland and Tampa Bay -St Pete ) its rather quiet.

Andrew25

I've been watching the highway traffic this weekend and aside from the usual suspects ( before and after Savannah on I95, Ocala to just past the Turnpike on I75, I-4 from Orlando to Lakeland and Tampa Bay -St Pete ) its rather quiet.
As someone who uses I4 daily... it's been weird.

This past week was bad, but not ridicously bad. The week before was absolutely wonderful... no traffic whatsoever, it was bizarre.

Yesterday definitely picked up a bit, but not to an insane level. The parks are busy, but I think people have become "smarter" and now know what days to avoid... making the "busy" forecasted days actually empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom