Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TheMaxRebo

Looks like same price point for G+ today as yesterday, so no increase even with MK/hopper selling out yesterday

Screenshot_20231121-070412.png

Purduevian

Wonder if they lower th cap a bit (or it has been lower)

Not saying I would want to pay $35 for it but paying that and being able to get 5 or 6 decent uses is better than $30 and getting 2 good rides
I was kind of wondering if they were always going to "sell out" Monday and Tuesday of this week (we will see if it sells out today) and use it as an excuse to bump the price even higher starting Thursday due to "unprecedented demand".

My wife and I were talking trying to figure out what our price limit would be for G+ for MK. As much as I hate to say it, we haven't hit it yet.

wendysue

…oh get ready for REAL stupidity to start

It’s coming…soon
I don't understand people anymore. It seems that no matter what Dis does, it's just wonderful. I know...I probably shouldn't be on this site any longer, but I check in just to get a few laughs at the lengths people will go to say what a fun time they had paying a ridiculous amount just to walk into a park and then another ridiculous amount to ride a ride. Since I canceled the last two trips, I paid off my car loan, am now debt free and have no plans to give Disney another dime. We had an enormous amount of fun at WDW on past trips but that's over.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't understand people anymore. It seems that no matter what Dis does, it's just wonderful. I know...I probably shouldn't be on this site any longer, but I check in just to get a few laughs at the lengths people will go to say what a fun time they had paying a ridiculous amount just to walk into a park and then another ridiculous amount to ride a ride. Since I canceled the last two trips, I paid off my car loan, am now debt free and have no plans to give Disney another dime. We had an enormous amount of fun at WDW on past trips but that's over.
One of the strangest things in 25+ of these boards is how people have convinced themselves that being doubled charged to go on rides…and doubled charged for a day in the park…is GOOD for them.

It’s like out of a Distopian novel

LittleBuford

but I check in just to get a few laughs at the lengths people will go to say what a fun time they had paying a ridiculous amount just to walk into a park and then another ridiculous amount to ride a ride.
I don’t understand this attitude. Some people no longer enjoy the experience; others continue to love it. No-one is wrong or deserving of scorn for feeling as they do.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t understand this attitude. Some people no longer enjoy the experience; others continue to love it. No-one is wrong or deserving of scorn for feeling as they do.
I’ll tell you for the 4,000,000 time…and you won’t care.

1. The most vocal critics are diehard fans who see the direction being taken is a path to longterm disaster. Nobody wants that.
2. The model is they cannot push away masses of people by choice for “Philosophy”. The numbers don’t Work without large numbers of people in the parks spending money. Period. Any suggestion they can sustain it otherwise is fallacy.
3. This is a consumer - supplier relationship. The consumer has the ability to affect change and protect themselves by voting against bad policy. That hasn’t been happening…enough…yet.
4. The management does NOT care about the quality of parks after they leave. Don’t trust them. It’s not in their interests to protect them.

LittleBuford

I’ll tell you for the 4,000,000 time…and you won’t care.

1. The most vocal critics are diehard fans who see the direction being taken is a path to longterm disaster. Nobody wants that.
2. The model is they cannot push away masses of people by choice for “Philosophy”. The numbers don’t Work without large numbers of people in the parks spending money. Period. Any suggestion they can sustain it otherwise is fallacy.
3. This is a consumer - supplier relationship. The consumer has the ability to affect change and protect themselves by voting against bad policy. That hasn’t been happening…enough…yet.
4. The management does NOT care about the quality of parks after they leave. Don’t trust them. It’s not in their interests to protect them.
None of this has anything to do with my point.

Disstevefan1

Let me try to explain.

When WDW first opened the gate price was very low but there was ticket books for attractions. It was tolerated because the park was new and the gate prices were low.

Then WDW dropped the ticket books and raised the gate price, but the attractions were free so that was tolerated.

Then WDW went to paper Fastpasses. Attractions still FREE. This was my favorite. Only the most popular attractions had paper fastpasses, and the rest were standby. I felt there was a good mix and my favorite part was to go to the end of a the standby queue of a fastpass line and make magic for a total stranger and give them your paper fastpass, you could create some magic for free.

Then WDW want to Fastpass+ This was paperless. Attractions still free, you could even schedule your fastpass 60 days in advance, many folks loved and mastered this system and if done right, you could eliminate the "zig zag" through the parks. Even if you couldn't do the zig zag and you were going to miss your Fastpass time, NO PROBLEM, IT WAS FREE, NO LOSS. I did miss handing my paper Fast pass to someone to make magic, but thats OK it was FREE.

That brings us to the present. Genie+ and ILL, NOT FREE. For all these years we had a FREE fastpass systems and folks LOVED it. Now that valuable service that was FREE, now cost you big time. Not only something that folks liked that was FREE was TAKEN AWAY, but NOW you must pay for a system that does not work as well. There is also the feeling that YOU MUST use the system since you paid for it and there is a loss of freedom there in my opinion. With the old free systems if the day did not work out, you didn't get on attractions you wanted to etc., it was OK there was no cost. Now you must invest money, and if things don't work out, you paid money AND you didn't get to do what you wanted to do, its really a let down and you feel you were taken. There is also the idea that you are a slave to Genie+ and ILL since you paid and, "lets just wait around till our time comes up" I paid for these LLs so I want to use them, then the ride breaks down. Remember all the while, the gate price just keeps going up.

I hope this helps you understand.

LittleBuford

Let me try to explain.

When WDW first opened the gate price was very low but there was ticket books for attractions. It was tolerated because the park was new and the gate prices were low.

Then WDW dropped the ticket books and raised the gate price, but the attractions were free so that was tolerated.

Then WDW went to paper Fastpasses. Attractions still FREE. This was my favorite. Only the most popular attractions had paper fastpasses, and the rest were standby. I felt there was a good mix and my favorite part was to go to the end of a the standby queue of a fastpass line and make magic for a total stranger and give them your paper fastpass, you could create some magic for free.

Then WDW want to Fastpass+ This was paperless. Attractions still free, you could even schedule your fastpass 60 days in advance, many folks loved and mastered this system and if done right, you could eliminate the "zig zag" through the parks. Even if you couldn't do the zig zag and you were going to miss your Fastpass time, NO PROBLEM, IT WAS FREE, NO LOSS. I did miss handing my paper Fast pass to someone to make magic, but thats OK it was FREE.

That brings us to the present. Genie+ and ILL, NOT FREE. For all these years we had a FREE fastpass systems and folks LOVED it. Now that valuable service that was FREE, now cost you big time. Not only something that folks liked that was FREE was TAKEN AWAY, but NOW you must pay for a system that does not work as well. There is also the feeling that YOU MUST use the system since you paid for it and there is a loss of freedom there in my opinion. With the old free systems if the day did not work out, you didn't get on attractions you wanted to etc., it was OK there was no cost. Now you must invest money, and if things don't work out, you paid money AND you didn't get to do what you wanted to do, its really a let down and you feel you were taken. There is also the idea that you are a slave to Genie+ and ILL since you paid and, "lets just wait around till our time comes up" I paid for these LLs so I want to use them, then the ride breaks down. Remember all the while, the gate price just keeps going up.

I hope this helps you understand.
Again, nothing at all to do with my point.

eliza61nyc

because different people value different things. My boss (well old boss) was a smart (phd), financially savvy mom of 3. she always would say "I will pay any amount of money to not stand in line" so for her Genie plus is a God send. Not sure the correlation between genie plus and your car loan is. ???

I do have a wonderful time when I walk into the parks, that's why I still go. It brings me and my family enormous happiness. we're actually thinking about going back in February, we'd rather go to wdw than spend ridiculous amounts of money on Christmas gifts. Now I only used genie plus once but what's your problem with people saying they had a great time???
The great thing about working and earning your own money is that you can spend it on whatever floats your boat.

eliza61nyc

It is the point

You’re whining about “individual choice” and dust dreams…which is NOT what Disney parks are designed to do.

It’s parkenomics 101

There are no individual choices…there never were

Which is why making excuses for bad product/policy affects everyone
how does it effect everyone? you don't like the product, don't buy the product. seriously

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom