Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

CaptainAmerica

Mr. Dole, we don’t sell those pills here.
toy-story-hamm.gif

James Alucobond

If it's paid FastPass+, I have literally zero interest. The only thing that was compelling at all about the Genie+ change was the ability to react to day-of conditions in real time. The FastPass+ offering was okay because it was free, but I'm not paying to book something way in advance when I have no idea what the weather will be like or how other days of my vacation will pan out. If FastPass+ failed, it was nothing lost, nothing gained. That's not the case when it's an upcharge.

JD80

I have to assume it's going to be packages. Imagine getting this option X days before your park day:
  • 8/19 - Fantasyland package - G+ reservation for <insert 3 rides> - $25
  • 8/19 - Adventureland package - G+ reservation for <insert 2 rides) - $18
  • 8/19 - Hollywood Studios package - G+ reservation for Falcon and Rise - $45
  • etc

ToTBellHop

I have to assume it's going to be packages. Imagine getting this option X days before your park day:
  • 8/19 - Fantasyland package - G+ reservation for <insert 3 rides> - $25
  • 8/19 - Adventureland package - G+ reservation for <insert 2 rides) - $18
  • 8/19 - Hollywood Studios package - G+ reservation for Falcon and Rise - $45
  • etc
Imagine how much money they could make replacing 35% off at the Grand Floridian for 3 “free” LLs per day? They’d be stupid to not do this.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If it's paid FastPass+, I have literally zero interest. The only thing that was compelling at all about the Genie+ change was the ability to react to day-of conditions in real time. The FastPass+ offering was okay because it was free, but I'm not paying to book something way in advance when I have no idea what the weather will be like or how other days of my vacation will pan out. If FastPass+ failed, it was nothing lost, nothing gained. That's not the case when it's an upcharge.
thats a very good point I hadn't thought about... the weather on the day of and having to pre-pay

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Imagine how much money they could make replacing 35% off at the Grand Floridian for 3 “free” LLs per day? They’d be stupid to not do this.

"We're going to give you 3 LL's for FREE per day of your stay at Disney's Deluxe Resorts. But instead of paying a discounted $699/night rate for that room, you'll now pay the full $899/night rack rate for the room".

And the rubes will respond thusly:

"3 free LL's?!?!?!?!?!!!???
Futurama Buy GIF
"

"Free dining" part deux.

JD80

I'll be waiting for the free G+ announcement in lieu of free dining and people will lap it up.

I'm still boggled how they have not been balancing park attendance with G+ users. Since they are CONSTANTLY looking at their phones for their next step at least every 2 hours, I'm surprised they haven't done something like this.

You're at DHS, it's 3pm and the park is packed. You have G+ and your next G+ window is opening up.
Notification pops up: Hop to AK for free! And have this anytime Everest LL to use for when you get there! (or any other offer like a free Mickey pretzel)

Disney wins by getting someone out of DHS and into AK. Guest wins as they get to hop for free (allow guest to go back to DHS if they want) and get a LL out of it. Guest being happier may spend more money on merch and food as well as tell a positive story about G+ to friends and family after the vacation.

Seems stupid of Disney not to do this sort of thing.

CaptainAmerica

I'm still boggled how they have not been balancing park attendance with G+ users. Since they are CONSTANTLY looking at their phones for their next step at least every 2 hours, I'm surprised they haven't done something like this.
I think you've never used Genie+.

There's no need to be "CONSTANTLY" looking at your phone. You use it for 60 seconds every hour or two to book your LL, then you glance at it periodically if you forget your time, the same as you would check your phone if you were wondering what time it was and weren't wearing a watch.

The people who are "CONSTANTLY" on their phone are the people who would be "CONSTANTLY" on their phone regardless of whether Genie+ ever existed.

People being addicted to their smartphones is not a Genie+ phenomenon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom