Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
It's possible that the volume of guests they believe will be using it will be that much lower starting next week that it won't offer a different experience from the one that is there today (aside from losing 4 attractions).

To be clear, they care, but it's not something they are losing sleep over. It will be solved, eventually. I personally believe all 4 should remain in Genie+ until next year (when more significant changes can be made).
Even if the 1st part is true wouldnt you want to make those guests even more happier and ensure an even better experience... and of course they "care" but all ive been saying is they dont care enough to truly do anything about it as you said they wanted to wait til 2023 to make any real changes... this is such a simple change its laughable they havent just said we are leaving this as is....

TheMaxRebo

Disney has said they will so I would assume so but Disney does weird things all the time. But I would be willing to bet that they stick to the plan and they revert to ILL on 8/8/22.

I hope at a minimum not both Frozen and Remy go back to ILL ... Don't need 3 ILL rides at Epcot and basically no use for G+ at Epcot then if 2 of the 3 rides it is actually useful for move off it

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Wasn’t it Spring Break crowds when they moved 1 ILL to each park’s G+ inventory? I’m hoping they do this before the Oct crowds, and not weeks after inventory becomes an issue.

Disney Glimpses

Even if the 1st part is true wouldnt you want to make those guests even more happier and ensure an even better experience... and of course they "care" but all ive been saying is they dont care enough to truly do anything about it as you said they wanted to wait til 2023 to make any real changes... this is such a simple change its laughable they havent just said we are leaving this as is....
Agree, it is perplexing. Considering that Everest and Space don't even particularly sell well as ILLs.

Wasn’t it Spring Break crowds when they moved 1 ILL to each park’s G+ inventory? I’m hoping they do this before the Oct crowds, and not weeks after inventory becomes an issue.
And through the summer crowds. It's possible they do it again as the crowds ramp up after September. But why bother changing it back at all then? So silly.

UNCgolf

I hope at a minimum not both Frozen and Remy go back to ILL ... Don't need 3 ILL rides at Epcot and basically no use for G+ at Epcot then if 2 of the 3 rides it is actually useful for move off it

I don't think they can have 3 ILLs at EPCOT; no one would buy Genie+ there. My guess is FEA will stay as a Genie+ option since Rat is much newer.

That way they can dangle FEA as an incentive to buy Genie+.

G00fyDad

They didn’t say they would revert. What they said was they would be added to G+ until August 7th. Subtle difference to me.
Very subtle. To me that means that on 8/8 it is going back to ILL unless they change their minds. They've done this before haven't they? Changed rides to G+ until a certain date and then the day after the deadline they reverted back to ILL.

dploew

Very subtle. To me that means that on 8/8 it is going back to ILL unless they change their minds. They've done this before haven't they? Changed rides to G+ until a certain date and then the day after the deadline they reverted back to ILL.
Yeah. I (and my 8/8 arrival) am hoping for a verdict soon.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I will say that it makes more sense (for customers) if the ILL stuff went away and all rides were added to the G+ availability permanently with a $30 per person per day price point. It might even things out a little more.
it would make sense and ive mentioned this as well... simplify the process but they want to capitalize on every new ride they roll out and every "new" ride they label still

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Very subtle. Personally I interpreted as boiler plate style like they do park hours, where they commit to at least this and then decide about expanding closer to the date. Now it’s less than 2 weeks away, my hopes don’t look good that it stays as is.

Patcheslee

I will say that it makes more sense (for customers) if the ILL stuff went away and all rides were added to the G+ availability permanently with a $30 per person per day price point. It might even things out a little more.
Psychologically I would be more willing to pay the $30 vs $15 for Genie+ and another $15 for ROTR. I'm for just ripping the bandaid off quick type person though. Now that they have put a price tag on certain attractions, converting to an all inclusive Genie+ it tops out at a $43 "value"

I think you will be very pleasantly surprised at how easy to use, and beneficial Genie+ is in action. My 2 cents of free advice, from someone who loved FP+ and planning, and has used Genie plus now on 3 occasions, once in a large group (10) once on a solo trip, and during very busy periods (both around Christmas and 4th of July weekend).

Don't try to fit the Genie+ square peg into the FP+ round hole. They are different systems, with different functions, Genie+ is built to skip lines, NOT to pre-plan your day. You get the best use of Genie+ when you are looking for what ride can I get on next, not, I have to get on a certain ride at a certain time.

If you are staying on property, make sure you take advantage of early access. In the old FP world, early magic hours were limited to 1 park a day. While it is true that its only 30min now, it's across the board at all parks. The crowds are more diffused than they were in the past and you are going to get 1 major ride, or 2-3 less popular rides at really low wait times in that first 30min.

Use your 7AM Genie Plus for the RIDE you can't miss. If there is one thing you need to get on otherwise your day is ruined, use your 7AM Genie plus selection on that one. Once you can make your second selection, either because its 2 hours after park opening or you had an early Genie plus selection to start, find the rides you like with the next available open slot. Remember as soon as you scan into your genie plus ride you can select another ride. Don't be wedded to an order, take the next one available and ride the wave from selection to selection. Not only is this the way to get the most out of the system, but it also limits your time on the phone. Don't be sitting there waiting until a certain ride is available at the exact time you want.

Tie up your walking shoes. I loved FP. I loved pre-planning every detail of my trip that i could as far out as possible. Hell the time we took my inlaws to WDW, I made sure our FP selections were planned in sequence to limit the amount of walking we did between rides. That is not possible if you are optimizing Genie+. You may go from Buzz lightyear, to pirates, to under the sea, to haunted mansion. Efficiency in getting on rides, will not equal efficiency in getting to the rides.
Did you spend any time refreshing the tip board after scanning into a genie+ line to see if a better option popped up for your next choice? Some people report success spending 10-15 minutes refreshing and then scoring a good next ride. E.g. maybe Haunted Mansion initially showed 5pm but after refreshing a bit, then a 1:30pm popped up which was only 45 minutes in the future.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Did you spend any time refreshing the tip board after scanning into a genie+ line to see if a better option popped up for your next choice? Some people report success spending 10-15 minutes refreshing and then scoring a good next ride. E.g. maybe Haunted Mansion initially showed 5pm but after refreshing a bit, then a 1:30pm popped up which was only 45 minutes in the future.
When i was there in November this was one of the takeaways i saw and noticed and after a few days saw some consistency with this more so at the 7am mark when it opened for everyone to make the mad dash booking… also bc you cant modify and have to cancel instead of just booking a crappy ride to go on i left my genie open and waited for something worthwhile so i was able to grab it right away if and when it popped up.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
2E54FDBB-E658-41DD-9118-ABA7BD8C0229.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom