Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Purduevian

I will say that it makes more sense (for customers) if the ILL stuff went away and all rides were added to the G+ availability permanently with a $30 per person per day price point. It might even things out a little more.
ParkIncluded in G+ ($15)Included in G++ (additional $25 on top of G+)
Magic KingdomBig Thunder, Buzz, Dumbo, HM, small world, Mad Tea, Philharmagic, Monsters, Pirates, Parade, Meet Mickey, Meet Princesses, Barnstormer, Carpets, Pooh, Speedway, Mermaid Jungle Cruise, Pan, Space, Splash, 7D
EPCOTPixar, Figment, Land, Mission Space, Soarin, SE, Nemo, Turtle TalkFrozen, Remy, TT, Guardians
DHSAlien, BatB, Disney Junior, Frozen, Indy, MFSR, Muppet, RnRC, Olaf, Star Tours, TSMMMMRR, SDD, ROTR, TOT
AKLion King, Dinosaur, Bird show, Nemo, Bugs life, meet and greets, Kali, Na'vi, Animation ExperienceEE, FOP, Safari

bhg469

I will say that it makes more sense (for customers) if the ILL stuff went away and all rides were added to the G+ availability permanently with a $30 per person per day price point. It might even things out a little more.
Gotta go bigger, and I'm not being sarcastic. $40-50 a day at least.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
ParkIncluded in G+ ($15)Included in G++ (additional $25 on top of G+)
Magic KingdomBig Thunder, Buzz, Dumbo, HM, small world, Mad Tea, Philharmagic, Monsters, Pirates, Parade, Meet Mickey, Meet Princesses, Barnstormer, Carpets, Pooh, Speedway, MermaidJungle Cruise, Pan, Space, Splash, 7D
EPCOTPixar, Figment, Land, Mission Space, Soarin, SE, Nemo, Turtle TalkFrozen, Remy, TT, Guardians
DHSAlien, BatB, Disney Junior, Frozen, Indy, MFSR, Muppet, RnRC, Olaf, Star Tours, TSMMMMRR, SDD, ROTR, TOT
AKLion King, Dinosaur, Bird show, Nemo, Bugs life, meet and greets, Kali, Na'vi, Animation ExperienceEE, FOP, Safari
You wanna make this more complicated for guests.... its been said here by others FP was a challenge that still baffles me now you want separate tiers.... just rip the band aid off charge 1 price and call it a day and everything is included... Only thing i would do tho is this bc we know they want to make money off ANY new ride is charge separately for a new ride for say a full year after opening then add it into the genie

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Gotta go bigger, and I'm not being sarcastic. $40-50 a day at least.
cant price families out and force all standby we already know they do not have the capacity to do so and provide a fun experience heck they barely have that now... the amount of people i know who have gone these past 3-4 months who are die hards & never complain have had more complaints this last trip than they have in all the years combined

JMcMahonEsq

You wanna make this more complicated for guests.... its been said here by others FP was a challenge that still baffles me now you want separate tiers.... just rip the band aid off charge 1 price and call it a day and everything is included... Only thing i would do tho is this bc we know they want to make money off ANY new ride is charge separately for a new ride for say a full year after opening then add it into the genie
Besides the absolute ridiculousness of saying that clicking on a FP selection was somehow complicated, Disney doesn’t want a one price only model as that prices certain people out and limits your customer base. It also reduces flexibility as some people want to be able to order a la cart and not have to pay for everything. Further one price that’s it would need to be increases significantly over the current pricing and would not allow for creeping purchases. Maybe people who would balk at the new higher price and not pay it as an up front lump sum would be willing to pay a smaller amount today..then ok I have already spent X let me get the LL. Ok fine let me buy it tomorrow too the vacation has already cost me Y.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Besides the absolute ridiculousness of saying that clicking on a FP selection was somehow complicated, Disney doesn’t want a one price only model as that prices certain people out and limits your customer base. It also reduces flexibility as some people want to be able to order a la cart and not have to pay for everything. Further one price that’s it would need to be increases significantly over the current pricing and would not allow for creeping purchases. Maybe people who would balk at the new higher price and not pay it as an up front lump sum would be willing to pay a smaller amount today..then ok I have already spent X let me get the LL. Ok fine let me buy it tomorrow too the vacation has already cost me Y.
the vacation already cost me Y is why i feel they should have simply kept the FP system and charged for it... could have tired that as well if you wanted to say 1 ride/ 2 ride / 3ride pre booking if 3 was too many as people also have claimed altho i dont buy it... simply offer 2 options no pre booking for X 2 pre bookings for Y include every ride and charge a higher price

Purduevian

Well something needs to change... They already have 2 tiers essentially (G+ and ILL) This would eliminate ILL. It would also move some of the 7am extreme demand away from the top tier rides (like SDD) and push it onto things like RnRC and MFSR, spreading it out.
cant price families out and force all standby
They kind of have to price people out... there are just way way too many people using G+ right now.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Well something needs to change... They already have 2 tiers essentially (G+ and ILL) This would eliminate ILL. It would also move some of the 7am extreme demand away from the top tier rides (like SDD) and push it onto things like RnRC and MFSR, spreading it out.

They kind of have to price people out... there are just way way too many people using G+ right now.
as ive stated countless times you end up with more ticked off guests bc standby lines are going nowhere... the parks simply dont have enough capacity, efficiency and too much downtime alone with too many things closed shops noone has any desire to browse thru anymore bc all are basically the same... i agree things need to change been saying it for a very long time now.... everyone has dismissed the idea of choosing times yet noone can prove one way or the other if that will help... open up the booking window for resort guest say a week before and allow 1 ride pre booked i dk... but i do know when something doesnt work and nothing gets done the end result will be the same... people have claimed some success lately we shall see when i go in less than 4 weeks... im going to try and keep a detailed list of genie/Das/Wait times etc and whats available while not making it my top priority of my trip.. im pretty sure i can manage to do it

also i still cant see how more people are suing Genie than FP im sorry i just dont see it and i get that less inventory and al the reasons above but still dk how FP for me was way more effective than genie... for everything

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
the vacation already cost me Y is why i feel they should have simply kept the FP system and charged for it... could have tired that as well if you wanted to say 1 ride/ 2 ride / 3ride pre booking if 3 was too many as people also have claimed altho i dont buy it... simply offer 2 options no pre booking for X 2 pre bookings for Y include every ride and charge a higher price
That makes way too much sense

Purduevian

as ive stated countless times you end up with more ticked off guests bc standby lines are going nowhere... the parks simply dont have enough capacity, efficiency and too much downtime alone with too many things closed shops noone has any desire to browse thru anymore bc all are basically the same... i agree things need to change been saying it for a very long time now.... everyone has dismissed the idea of choosing times yet noone can prove one way or the other if that will help... open up the booking window for resort guest say a week before and allow 1 ride pre booked i dk... but i do know when something doesnt work and nothing gets done the end result will be the same... people have claimed some success lately we shall see when i go in less than 4 weeks... im going to try and keep a detailed list of genie/Das/Wait times etc and whats available while not making it my top priority of my trip.. im pretty sure i can manage to do it

also i still cant see how more people are suing Genie than FP im sorry i just dont see it and i get that less inventory and al the reasons above but still dk how FP for me was way more effective than genie... for everything

I agree the park currently has more demand than capacity, however I don't see how your solution is really helping the capacity issue. If resort guests are allowed to pre book 1 ride. It ticks off offsite guests, and resort guests that didn't know they could prebook (same issue as FP+).

The only way to curb the demand is to increase the price. I see 3 ways they can do that.

1)Raise the base ticket price. Make it $200 a person per day, bring back free FP+, or move to standby only.
- Prices out some families
-No long any paid option to wait less and ride more
-Everyone is equal

2)Raise the price of G+. Make it something like $40 a day.
-Does not price out families from going to WDW that can't afford G+. They can still go and ride things in standby, watch shows, and buy food/drink/souvenirs
-Some customers that would have bought OG G+ now are shifted to the standby lines
-New G+ tier of customers now have greater availability of G+ actually making the system work more like it should
-Club 33 and VIP still have advantage of basically unlimited LL

3)Create a tiered G+ system. Leave the base price of $15 for G+ and something like G++ described above for an additional $25.
-Does not price out families from going to WDW that can't afford G+. They can still go and ride things in standby, watch shows, and buy food/drink/souvenirs
-Customers that would have bought OG G+ may or may not buy the new G+ with less offerings, but still able to skip many D and C ticket rides.
-Customers can now buy G++ which allows them greater availability on all the top tier rides

The way I see it, you should get what you pay for. A ticket gets your in the door and access to all the standby lines. If you want to upgrade and be able to skip some lines but not others, there is a price. If you want the ability to skip all lines it should be a higher price. Simple supply and demand. We know Disney won't add significant capacity any time soon. Prices need to go up one way or another to make those that can afford it have a better experience.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I agree the park currently has more demand than capacity, however I don't see how your solution is really helping the capacity issue. If resort guests are allowed to pre book 1 ride. It ticks off offsite guests, and resort guests that didn't know they could prebook (same issue as FP+).

The only way to curb the demand is to increase the price. I see 3 ways they can do that.

1)Raise the base ticket price. Make it $200 a person per day, bring back free FP+, or move to standby only.
- Prices out some families
-No long any paid option to wait less and ride more
-Everyone is equal

2)Raise the price of G+. Make it something like $40 a day.
-Some customers that would have bought OG G+ now are shifted to the standby lines
-New G+ tier of customers now have greater availability of G+ actually making the system work more like it should
-Club 33 and VIP still have advantage of basically unlimited LL

3)Create a tiered G+ system. Leave the base price of $15 for G+ and something like G++ described above for an additional $25.
-Customers that would have bought OG G+ may or may not buy the new G+ with less offerings, but still able to skip many D and C ticket rides.
-Customers can now buy G++ which allows them greater availability on all the top tier rides

The way I see it, you should get what you pay for. A ticket gets your in the door and access to all the standby lines. If you want to upgrade and be able to skip some lines but not others, there is a price. If you want the ability to skip all lines it should be a higher price. Simple supply and demand. We know Disney won't add significant capacity any time soon. Prices need to go up one way or another to make those that can afford it have a better experience.
listen im all for capitalism but when you artificially created this monster and the solution is charge charge charge & charge some more thats just bad business & an eventual recipe for disaster

Purduevian

listen im all for capitalism but when you artificially created this monster and the solution is charge charge charge & charge some more thats just bad business & an eventual recipe for disaster
So what's your solution? Other than playing with the price or creating tiers of guests what could Disney do in the next 12 months to fix G+?
Remember they:
a)Want to keep charging
b)don't want people that didn't know about a system until the first day of their trip to be at a disadvantage

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
So what's your solution? Other than playing with the price or creating tiers of guests what could Disney do in the next 12 months to fix G+?
Remember they:
a)Want to keep charging
b)don't want people that didn't know about a system until the first day of their trip to be at a disadvantage
Ive already given my ideas plenty of them over the course of the last months..... almost ALL parks charge for some line skipping system Disney is probably the only one that is set up the way it was w FP.... I have no issues w them charging but i would go back to some sort of FP system.... im sorrybut if you didnt know about FP before you got there you had to live under a rock... its literally told to you when you book... its emailed to you with a reminder when its time to book... so ruin an entire system bc someone was incompetent? now lets do that with dining while we are at it right? bc i would bet MORE people are shocked that you actually cant eat at say acharacter meal unless you booked months in advance than a FP system which still can be used day of.... as ive said i had HUGE success with FP & ive gone during some of the busier times... thanksgiving, c;olumbus week, presidents week so its not like i was going during dead times... & ever since my daughter was born days of hardcore ropedropping doesnt exist so im tech already at a disadvantage.. they were worried about charging for a system that was free but had no issue charging for parking at a resort or removing ME .. so on and so forth.. and if the real issue was booking 60 days in advance (i call bs on that) all they had to do was shorten that to a closer time...but considering dining is still months out i find it extremely HARD tobuy that excuse was it what irked people the "most" maybe but that doesnt mean people hated it

Purduevian

Ive already given my ideas plenty of them over the course of the last months..... almost ALL parks charge for some line skipping system Disney is probably the only one that is set up the way it was w FP.... I have no issues w them charging but i would go back to some sort of FP system.... im sorrybut if you didnt know about FP before you got there you had to live under a rock... its literally told to you when you book... its emailed to you with a reminder when its time to book... so ruin an entire system bc someone was incompetent?
I think you are over estimated the average Disney guests. Many just buy tickets and book a hotel and ignore pretty much everything else. There are lots of stories of people showing up to parks without reservations or people asking where Harry Potter or the Simpsons areas are. Any system built of knowledge or pre-planning is going to inherently go advantage the frequent visitors and disadvantage anyone that hasn't been there in awhile. Your ideas all help YOU get back to the system where you had a big advantage. Remember it is a 0 sum gain, capacity is finite (at least from day to day). If you are getting on more/better rides, someone else is getting on less/worse rides.

now lets do that with dining while we are at it right? bc i would bet MORE people are shocked that you actually cant eat at say acharacter meal unless you booked months in advance than a FP system which still can be used day of...
I think people unfamiliar with Disney are much more familiar with the idea of restaurant reservations. They probably didn't know you had to book 60 days out, but the general idea of booking restaurants ahead of time is pretty universal. I can't think of another park where you have to pre-book ride times.
. as ive said i had HUGE success with FP & ive gone during some of the busier times... thanksgiving, c;olumbus week, presidents week so its not like i was going during dead times... & ever since my daughter was born days of hardcore ropedropping doesnt exist so im tech already at a disadvantage..
^Frequent visitor. I also had tons of success with FP+. I've also had a very good day with G+.

they were worried about charging for a system that was free but had no issue charging for parking at a resort or removing ME .. so on and so forth.. and if the real issue was booking 60 days in advance (i call bs on that) all they had to do was shorten that to a closer time...but considering dining is still months out i find it extremely HARD tobuy that excuse was it what irked people the "most" maybe but that doesnt mean people hated it
I agree they could have just charged for FP+, but everyone always complained about the pre-planning at WDW. People have been asking for Maxpass from DLR for a long time.

Now if you want to argue that people that are frequent visitors should have a leg up on those that haven't been in years. I can see that argument as kind of an unofficial rewards program.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I think you are over estimated the average Disney guests. Many just buy tickets and book a hotel and ignore pretty much everything else. There are lots of stories of people showing up to parks without reservations or people asking where Harry Potter or the Simpsons areas are. Any system built of knowledge or pre-planning is going to inherently go advantage the frequent visitors and disadvantage anyone that hasn't been there in awhile. Your ideas all help YOU get back to the system where you had a big advantage. Remember it is a 0 sum gain, capacity is finite (at least from day to day). If you are getting on more/better rides, someone else is getting on less/worse rides.

I think people unfamiliar with Disney are much more familiar with the idea of restaurant reservations. They probably didn't know you had to book 60 days out, but the general idea of booking restaurants ahead of time is pretty universal. I can't think of another park where you have to pre-book ride times.

^Frequent visitor. I also had tons of success with FP+. I've also had a very good day with G+.

I agree they could have just charged for FP+, but everyone always complained about the pre-planning at WDW. People have been asking for Maxpass from DLR for a long time.

Now if you want to argue that people that are frequent visitors should have a leg up on those that haven't been in years. I can see that argument as kind of an unofficial rewards program.
Im sorry people who were ignorant to the fact that FP either didnt exist or you could pre book should not be “rewarded” have decisions based upon them…. Now if that again was truly the case how do they know about Genie? Advertisement? Education? I dk but i know the response ill get and well thats the point that person can now buy it the next day and be in the same level as everyone else but again the system still stinks. Im a morning person even on vacation but think about what Disney wants their guests to do on a daily basis with absolutely NO tech support or hotel support before 7am. Literally wake up with 10’s lf thousands of others and at 7am play a game of who is the quickest. Who has best service in hotel. Who has better phone to use. So on and so forth. Thats a fair fun system come on? Its a miserable experience we all know it. So this whole level playing field is nuts. You want to say lets play level. Instead of allowing you to book each day of your trip 60 days out + length of stay. Make it 30 days out and force someone to book daily. Its what you are in theory doing now but at least now you have a semi plan in place before you get there and can have backups etc. so there is another suggestion in the box to throw out and consider.

Jrb1979

Im sorry people who were ignorant to the fact that FP either didnt exist or you could pre book should not be “rewarded” have decisions based upon them…. Now if that again was truly the case how do they know about Genie? Advertisement? Education? I dk but i know the response ill get and well thats the point that person can now buy it the next day and be in the same level as everyone else but again the system still stinks. Im a morning person even on vacation but think about what Disney wants their guests to do on a daily basis with absolutely NO tech support or hotel support before 7am. Literally wake up with 10’s lf thousands of others and at 7am play a game of who is the quickest. Who has best service in hotel. Who has better phone to use. So on and so forth. Thats a fair fun system come on? Its a miserable experience we all know it. So this whole level playing field is nuts. You want to say lets play level. Instead of allowing you to book each day of your trip 60 days out + length of stay. Make it 30 days out and force someone to book daily. Its what you are in theory doing now but at least now you have a semi plan in place before you get there and can have backups etc. so there is another suggestion in the box to throw out and consider.
That's problem with the whole thing. Disney created a system that was available to everyone then decided they wanted go to a paid system like every other park. Genie+ can't be available to everyone. They really need to make it $50 a day and limit sales. As much as people complain about waiting in long standby lines, I'm sure there are of rides with minimal waits.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
That's problem with the whole thing. Disney created a system that was available to everyone then decided they wanted go to a paid system like every other park. Genie+ can't be available to everyone. They really need to make it $50 a day and limit sales. As much as people complain about waiting in long standby lines, I'm sure there are of rides with minimal waits.
you have zero proof of any minimal wait times if they went to an almost fully standby system & the capacity shows its virtually impossible... you really think 50 a day is gonna stop people from buying? again i dk how a system that was free for EVERYONE worked better than a paid system & if the simple answer is because of inventory add in EVERY ride and simply charge the appropriate amount for it... make it 25-30 and call it a day and revert back to FP ideas... everyone says that cant work yet again the only answer is just charge some stupid price where everyone is now stuck in standby... someone needs to explain how thats gonna help bc you act like noone in the FP/Genie lines will now be in the regular standby lines....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Doubling ticket prices would actually decrease the amount of revenue the parks generate, because you'd have to double the price of everything, plus guarantee at least half as many people would still show up, if not more, to make the same amount of revenue. How many of the "affluent" parkgoers Disney seems to think are their core audience these days would be ready, willing, and able to fork over double the cost for their vacation? I'd wager not more than 30%. They'd find dozens of other places to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom