Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was crowded almost all of last year. What happened to this year? Was last year crowded because of pent up demand ? It's alarming how slow it's been the last couple of months.
1. Delayed travel
2. Some money backlogged due to pent up demand
3. Another year of inflation
4. Market down
5. Wages lost most of the Covid gains

And what was the other thing?

Oh yeah…DISNEY has jacked prices for a decade and that doesn’t work when spending slows down

TheMaxRebo

what's been said, plus people who are on every 2 or 3 years cycles hit "their" year last year so now are waiting

Plus not a ton new if you went last year - really just Tron (which is a nice addition but not something you plan a special / extra trip for

I also think people just learned there are other places to go besides Disney during the pandemic - not throwing shade or anything but it just got people out of their rhythm and patterns and got them questioning if they should try other new things

Patcheslee

what's been said, plus people who are on every 2 or 3 years cycles hit "their" year last year so now are waiting

Plus not a ton new if you went last year - really just Tron (which is a nice addition but not something you plan a special / extra trip for

I also think people just learned there are other places to go besides Disney during the pandemic - not throwing shade or anything but it just got people out of their rhythm and patterns and got them questioning if they should try other new things
We skipped 2021 because of the lack of things open, went to Universal instead. 2022 figured wait a bit longer since new rides weren't open anyway couldn't hurt, so Dollywood and the Tennessee area instead. It lessened our spending those 2 years and made Disney a little more feasible. This will be the first year back since 2019. By the time we could return DD will be graduating and not 100% sure we'll do Florida or finally venture outside the states since she will be 18.

lentesta

Premium Member
Coming soon?

Bowiechanges.jpg

Splash4eva

wouldnt even mind paying a standard set price as long as we can pre book rides like we use to be able to & hey dare i say it re ride as well if available

lentesta

Premium Member
I could be wrong on all of this.

The rumor is that we'll soon see per-park Genie+ pricing. So if you want to use G+ at two parks, it'll potentially be 2 separate purchases.

No word yet on prices.

I don't expect prices to drop, at least at MK and HS. For one thing, a price drop would essentially be a discount to guests who only visit one park per day. And there's already enough demand at the popular rides. A price drop would only make that worse.

I've heard (but not seen) that the MK price will be the same as "all four parks", which would encourage you to go somewhere else after the MK. That's another way of shifting demand.

I'd expect lower prices at AK and EP, in part to encourage people to go to those parks. Also, as we've shown with ETPE, there's really no need for G+ for resort guests using ETPE at AK. So this per-park strategy allows them to reprice the value proposition.

I still expect per-park prices to fluctuate every day.

I've not seen how IT will implement all of this. I'd expect that any sort of change/refund will require you to visit Guest Relations, since I doubt that will be built into MDE.

ETA: This is just for WDW, not DLR, which is not changing (I'm told).

Disstevefan1

The rumor is that we'll soon see per-park Genie+ pricing. So if you want to use G+ at two parks, it'll potentially be 2 separate purchases.

No word yet on prices.

I don't expect prices to drop, at least at MK and HS. For one thing, a price drop would essentially be a discount to guests who only visit one park per day. And there's already enough demand at the popular rides. A price drop would only make that worse.

I've heard (but not seen) that the MK price will be the same as "all four parks", which would encourage you to go somewhere else after the MK. That's another way of shifting demand.

I'd expect lower prices at AK and EP, in part to encourage people to go to those parks. Also, as we've shown with ETPE, there's really no need for G+ for resort guests using ETPE at AK. So this per-park strategy allows them to reprice the value proposition.

I've not seen how IT will implement all of this. I'd expect that any sort of change/refund will require you to visit Guest Relations, since I doubt that will be built into MDE.

Do they want to kill park hopping?

jpeden

In the Parks
No

No word yet on prices.

This has to be an absolute joke. Not only do they charge for it now they want to make you pay for multiple parks if you have a park hopper ticket? People already hate how complicated it is so let’s make it even more complicated by introducing more price points.

It honestly makes me want to cancel my trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom