Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Many have been asking me, here are the drop times. Make sure you are quite quick (and have a reservation available).

Magic Kingdom
Attractions: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Times: 10:47 AM, 1:17 PM, 3:47 PM

EPCOT
Attractions:
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Test Track, Frozen Ever After
Times:
12:47 PM, 2:47 PM, 4:47 PM, 6:47 PM

Hollywood Studios
Attractions:
Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom
Attractions:
Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest
Times: 10:17 AM, 12:47 PM, 3:17 PM
That’s absolutely fantastic!

Best piece of info ever shared on the internet 👍🏻

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Unless I randomly happened to be on the weird “intersections in time” where it just was freak and occurred…it happened a lot. The fastpass line moved - because the inventory was complete off and thats why standbys were torturous - but there was long fastpass lines. Space, test track, tower and soarin’ stick out in my mind.

That was inevitable. There’s a few things where you lose when you try to fight it:
1. Time
2. Nature
3. Math

The bobs declared war on #3 and they are fairing as well as Custer
Hence why i still argue for FP and simply charge for it.... if the math isnt going to work for any system & we no its not... we also know they are not going to have any new capacity anytime soon.. Tron will offset the closure of Splash... why not give people options on when they can book or ride or better yet and Disney does this best "upcharge" for said feature... again im NOT advocating for them to charge more but Genie is obviously not the answer and longer stand by lines are only gonna cause more issues... capacity was still "capped" when i was there during Thanksgiving and i believe during the Christmas/New Years season as well what happens this year when parks are at a higher capacity. & again capping sales to me is NOT the answer or increasing prices because again all thats gonna do is create longer stand by lines & again i dont care if that means its a "moving" line because you are still wasting a chunk of your day in lines that way...,

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
That’s absolutely fantastic!

Best piece of info ever shared on the internet 👍🏻
thank you!
Many have been asking me, here are the drop times. Make sure you are quite quick (and have a reservation available).

Magic Kingdom
Attractions: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

EPCOT
Attractions:
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Test Track, Frozen Ever After
Times:
12:47 PM, 2:47 PM, 4:47 PM, 6:47 PM

Hollywood Studios
Attractions:
Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom
Attractions:
Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest
Times: 10:17 AM, 12:47 PM, 3:17 PM
Thank You!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Virtual queue systems create additional demand outside of the system. This is exactly the problem that Volcano Bay encountered when it opened, they didn’t have enough capacity outside of the Tapu Tapu rides.
1659986421141.jpeg

mikejs78

Premium Member
My Epcot strategy…I think…is if you’re in early: do the genie for the first test track pick, then go on frozen and soaring while you wait for the window…then go to rat 90 minutes AFTER opening and the self defeating rope drop crush is all out the queue.

But that’s with limited “field research” on my part

What worked for me when I was there in June - and this was with early entry and coming in through IG:
  • Get an LL for TT for around 9 AM or so
  • Rope Drop Remy
  • Head over to Soarin immediately after Remy - 5 min wait
  • Go to TT for LL
  • Immediately after tapping into TT second tap, grab an LL for Frozen. Usually for around 1-2 PM.
  • Hit the rest of Future World - SSE, LwtL, Guardians (if you have a VQ or ILL) for short waits
  • Eat lunch
  • Finish with Frozen

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What worked for me when I was there in June - and this was with early entry and coming in through IG:
  • Rope Drop Remy
  • Go to TT for LL
  • Immediately after tapping into TT second tap, grab an LL for Frozen. Usually for around 1-2 PM.
  • Hit the rest of Future World - SSE, LwtL, Guardians (if you have a VQ or ILL) for short waits
  • Eat lunch
  • Finish with Frozen
That would work.

Of course you’re “done” around noon and that is EXACTLY what Disney Doesn’t want 😂

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Fine with me. It fits in with how I like to do Disney. Done in the park by Early afternoon, head back to the pool for a swim and a rest. And then off to a park at night - actually, that night we headed to Disney Springs for the evening.
Just reading this makes me anxious! I could never bring myself to take a midday break or spend time away from the parks (except when hopping between them). It’s why I don’t splurge on a Disney hotel.

aaronml

Crowding is relative. 10 people in a 10’ x 10’ room is crowded but 15 people in a 100’ x 100‘ room is not crowded. Lower attendance can be more crowded.

Virtual queues throw the design of a park completely out of whack. They’re designed that some many people are in a queue. Take a person out of a queue and you need somewhere to put them. Just having an extra table at a restaurant is not enough because that may not be where that person wants to be, so you need space at multiple restaurants, multiple gift shops and even other attractions to accommodate this one person you have removed from a queue. Now close one of those places and you compound your problem because you need space to accommodate not only the person you removed from the queue but also all of the people no longer in the now closed venue. Starting off with adequate capacity it’s very easy to fall into a problem, and it’s all made worse with virtual queues. Disney though did not have adequate capacity to start with so everything is even worse.
I’m curious why they doubled down then not only on FP (albeit paid) and VQs, but also on Mobile Order, which is effectively FP for food.

aaronml

I fly JetBlue almost exclusively in the US. The merger should open up more routes and upgrade Spirit's planes and personnel.
I’ve flown JetBlue a lot over the years. IMO, their onboard experience is still great, but their ground operations have gone downhill in the past few years. I worry that this merger will negatively impact onboard experience also, and if that does happen, I’ll likely stop flying with them.

DisneyDebRob

• Rope Drop Remy
  • Go to TT for LL
  • Eat lunch
  • Finish with Frozen
Im tired just looking at that plan.🙂

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
So question for people who are using this now…. No time pops up at 7am you have to click check availability/book experience to see what time is open for that particular ride? This is the new “added” feature from 7-730 they were talking about? Bc ive looked during day and have seen times. 1st time im starting to look at the opening 7am to get an idea of what is going when. And w/o a reservation you cant find that info out correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom