Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TheMaxRebo

I noticed Frozen, Remy, & Test Track are sold out already on G+, is this typical? Is it at all possible to get two of them in day?

Generally your best bet is to get a LL for either of them for withing the first 2 hours of the park being open and secure the second after tapping in for the first

Pretty typical for them all to be gone by 2 hours after the park opens (though there are some random drops during the day so frequent refreshing might find you getting lucky)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I noticed Frozen, Remy, & Test Track are sold out already on G+, is this typical? Is it at all possible to get two of them in day?
Remy and test track are locked up pretty early…but unlike lazy fastpass+ it moves around all day so your chances are good to see them pop up and get them (from my experience). Frozen probably is a little more loose.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My Epcot strategy…I think…is if you’re in early: do the genie for the first test track pick, then go on frozen and soaring while you wait for the window…then go to rat 90 minutes AFTER opening and the self defeating rope drop crush is all out the queue.

But that’s with limited “field research” on my part

ChrisM

After extensive use of Genie+ this month, I’ve come to the conclusion (based on the current configuration of the service):

If you know the drop times, Genie+ can get you on basically every single ride you want, every day. It is absolutely worth the money. However, it makes the stand-by queues absolutely miserable (far more than FP+). Most people will not have this positive experience as it requires significant knowledge of the system and technical ability.

Finally, the LL wait times are often longer than they were for FP+ for many attractions. They have clearly increased inventory over FP+.

That's interesting as my observations during late March were that LL inventory seemed to be clearly way less than FP+. Pretty much every LL I entered was either walk on or less than a 5 minute wait.

I wonder if they've increased inventory to combat guest complaints?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's interesting as my observations during late March were that LL inventory seemed to be clearly way less than FP+. Pretty much every LL I entered was either walk on or less than a 5 minute wait.

I wonder if they've increased inventory to combat guest complaints?
In June the genie lines were non-existent. Like legacy fastpass walkons.

Compare that to the “fastpsss+” line that stretched out past Astroorbiter in the dead of winter at times…and I so lament that’s it’s been taken from me 🙄

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
In June the genie lines were non-extentEnt. Like legacy fastpass walkons.

Compare that to the “fastpsss+” line that stretched out past Astroorbiter in the dead of winter at times…and I so lament that’s it’s been taken from me 🙄
genie lines in November were longer than FP during the same time... only one i would say that wasnt was 7DMt... everything to me seemed to take longer than the usual...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
genie lines in November were longer than FP during the same time... only one i would say that wasnt was 7DMt... everything to me seemed to take longer than the usual...
Probably…but it had been around for 8 weeks…the plus lines were getting long 5,6,7 years later

“Put the backup in!!!” 🏈

Last edited:

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Probably…but it had been around for 8 weeks…the plus lines were getting long 5,6,7 years later

Put the backup in!!!
Listen. You are never gonna sell me on Genie vs FP unless they provide us a modify button asap and at least 1-2 pre booked rides ill take 1 before and 1 day of when 7am comes and oh being able to choose a time frame as well ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Listen. You are never gonna sell me on Genie vs FP unless they provide us a modify button asap and at least 1-2 pre booked rides ill take 1 before and 1 day of when 7am comes and oh being able to choose a time frame as well ;)
I’m not gonna sell you on either…I don’t really want to try too.

But I’m also not buying how “great” either is. The reality is they both suck and capacity that allows for more freedom/flexibility would be the only real “improvement” on anything we’ve seen so far.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I’m not gonna sell you on either…I don’t really want to try too.

But I’m also not buying how “great” either is. The reality is they both suck and capacity that allows for more freedom/flexibility would be the only real “improvement” on anything we’ve seen so far.
agreed as ive said & yourself along with others capacity is the answer but eod imo fp worked better

G00fyDad

so now we are fast approaching the same issues/complaints w fp that it took up too much of the capacity & created longer standby lines…
John Krasinski Running GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Probably. I never remember waiting in long lines outside of attractions for FP+. Yet with LL, it happens pretty often.
Unless I randomly happened to be on the weird “intersections in time” where it just was freak and occurred…it happened a lot. The fastpass line moved - because the inventory was complete off and thats why standbys were torturous - but there was long fastpass lines. Space, test track, tower and soarin’ stick out in my mind.
so now we are fast approaching the same issues/complaints w fp that it took up too much of the capacity & created longer standby lines…
That was inevitable. There’s a few things where you lose when you try to fight it:
1. Time
2. Nature
3. Math

The bobs declared war on #3 and they are fairing as well as Custer

Disney Glimpses

Many have been asking me, here are the drop times. Make sure you are quite quick (and have a reservation available).

Magic Kingdom
Attractions: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Times: 10:47 AM, 1:17 PM, 3:47 PM

EPCOT
Attractions:
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Test Track, Frozen Ever After
Times:
12:47 PM, 2:47 PM, 4:47 PM, 6:47 PM

Hollywood Studios
Attractions:
Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Times: 10:47 AM, 1:17 PM, 3:47 PM

Animal Kingdom
Attractions:
Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest
Times: 10:17 AM, 12:47 PM, 3:17 PM

Jrb1979

Unless I randomly happened to be on the weird “intersections in time” where it just was freak and occurred…it happened a lot. The fastpass line moved - because the inventory was complete off and thats why standbys were torturous - but there was long fastpass lines. Space, test track, tower and soarin’ stick out in my mind.
It looks good on them. They refuse to add anything new unless it's marketable, and make a system thats meant for a portion of guests.

I understand that Disney is different but there is things that the regional parks do that Disney should copy. The biggest one is adding something new every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom