Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

lazyboy97o

Okay so then they should have went complete standby using this logic and the debate could have been settled once and for all. Or heres an idea open up the shuttered rides attractions shops shows entertainment longer hours and what not!!!! The excuses being made to defend them or justify things are baffling to me.
You keep conflating understanding with defense.

Jrb1979

Exactly. Trust me i have noone to impress at all. Im sharing my experience w the product as truthful as can be. Maybe im an outlier maybe im the norm. I dont know but i do know this was my experience. Plain and simple.
Nobody is saying Genie+ is better or that FP+ didn't work for you. Everyone acknowledges that they lack capacity right now with things closed. We also know FP+ isn't likely coming back.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How doesnt it add up? I would be able to choose any ride i wanted at any given park when my resort window opened up excluding Frozen already explained. FoP genuinely was a later one 1130-12 say and it didnt matter bc we always ate at Tusker House so actually worked out great. I have DAS but again never really needed it and it was used more for a reride or a gap filler for something quick but rarely as a ride we didnt have. Ive also said ive had some “bad things” happen and been given ME passes on some if my trips but not all. Again. This is what ive been lucky enough to do. My daughter who is 8 and been there i think 9 times honestly hasnt had to wait on a line once. Barnstormer was our longest 30 minutes when she was just tall enough to ride. Again maybe i was lucky. I dont know but this was my experience. Dont forget im there anywhere from 8-10 days so i have flexibility with my options etc.
Because “anything you want” was subjective to your tastes. Which means it worked well for you. That’s great…but not indicative of all situations.

What it you wanted to ride frozen; test track and soarin on the same day without standbys that barely moved?
How did that play?

UpAllNight

It may be true that happens. IMO it might be too late. A lot of hardcores are opting for other things now and some have switched to Universal instead. If Epic Universe is open by the time Disney fixes it's problems it's going an issue.

Many can understand the staffing issues as it's a problem everywhere. The issue many have is why revamp so much of what worked. Reservations aside, which is needed due to staffing, a lot what has been implemented wasn't needed.

We're Disney at heart through and through but on our last trip we enjoyed the simplicity of our time at Universal much more.

To the point we're returning in November and not visiting Disney, which is completely unheard of for us

We still love the place, but can't justify the costs vs experience compared to a chilled out week at Universal.

Epic will change the game in a way I don't think Disney are anticipating!

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You keep conflating understanding with defense.
And you keep insisting FP didnt work and had issues etc nothing is perfect. Genie is awful in every way shape or form. FP wasnt and worked well with it seems like plenty if not majority. Again insiders claimed its biggest complaint was that it required planning not that is wasnt working. So which one is it. They wanted hard dollars for it. Should have simply charged for it and again i dk. Open everything up. You wanna blame covid and staffing etc. Stitch has been closed for how long? PW has been a mess before it closed down. How many other attractions have we lost w no replacement. So lets not say covid this. Covid that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dude. Give up. Youre a putts. It worked and it worked well.
Wrong. You don’t even understand why it didn’t work…you’ve been spewing for 10 months and didn’t bother to consider the resource given. They wanted it gone…cause it did work? That’s your stance?
Exactly. Trust me i have noone to impress at all. Im sharing my experience w the product as truthful as can be. Maybe im an outlier maybe im the norm. I dont know but i do know this was my experience. Plain and simple.
…you just signed with the Jets. That team. I hope that money is guaranteed! 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're Disney at heart through and through but on our last trip we enjoyed the simplicity of our time at Universal much more.

To the point we're returning in November and not visiting Disney, which is completely unheard of for us

We still love the place, but can't justify the costs vs experience compared to a chilled out week at Universal.

Epic will change the game in a way I don't think Disney are anticipating!
Two questions:
1. Did you have express pass?
2. How can you “expect” a crowd level to allow “chill week”?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Because “anything you want” was subjective to your tastes. Which means it worked well for you. That’s great…but not indicative of all situations.

What it you wanted to ride frozen; test track and soarin on the same day without standbys that barely moved?
How did that play?
Anything i wanted was pretty much any ride in the parks so MK i would usually choose 7DMT. Splash BTM. Or other too tier attractions but 7DMT was always in the mix.
To answer your question single rider line for TT was always an option or getting a FP for Soarin after using a 3rd. Frozen after the 1st year never had an issue getting a FP for but when eating at Akershus and having an early reservation we would sometimes just ride it then with barely a wait if i didnt have a FP and chose to take that chance. Again. Maybe i was lucky but obtaining day of FP were possible and in such cases where things were impossible its where DAS came into play but again they were few and far between. As i said. My last trip was by far The worst w Genie than anyof the years w FP.

lazyboy97o

And you keep insisting FP didnt work and had issues etc nothing is perfect. Genie is awful in every way shape or form. FP wasnt and worked well with it seems like plenty if not majority. Again insiders claimed its biggest complaint was that it required planning not that is wasnt working. So which one is it. They wanted hard dollars for it. Should have simply charged for it and again i dk. Open everything up. You wanna blame covid and staffing etc. Stitch has been closed for how long? PW has been a mess before it closed down. How many other attractions have we lost w no replacement. So lets not say covid this. Covid that.
And there you go again assuming defense that does not exist. You're so wrapped up in your prior experience of FastPass+ that you can't see beyond it to look at how it actually worked. FastPass+ would be an absolute disaster if it was in place today, either as it was or as a paid service because of the very same issues. I have never once in this thread excused Disney's lack of capacity but that is the reality of the present situation.

Jeff4272

Wrong. You don’t even understand why it didn’t work…you’ve been spewing for 10 months and didn’t bother to consider the resource given. They wanted it gone…cause it did work? That’s your stance?

I’ve watched the video. I know what it says. It says angry people like you weren’t smart enough to figure out how to take advantage of it.

They wanted to make money off it, that’s why it’s gone

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No

Im a Giants fan but thank you not sure i caught the joke if any you were trying to make there

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
And there you go again assuming defense that does not exist. You're so wrapped up in your prior experience of FastPass+ that you can't see beyond it to look at how it actually worked. FastPass+ would be an absolute disaster if it was in place today, either as it was or as a paid service because of the very same issues. I have never once in this thread excused Disney's lack of capacity but that is the reality of the present situation.
And i from the get go has stated capacity is the major issue maybe you are just too blind to see those countless posts ive made stating that. But again Genie is awful and if what you state is true. I rather have 3 rides booked prior than having to scramble every day at 7am to book 1 ride at a time etc… that is not even debatable.

Jeff4272

FP+ numbers didn’t work, but only for some, not for all. It worked great for me. And I would buy the 3 extra for $50pp with no tiers and it was awesome. We never waited for one ride ever.

But I now understand why it didn’t work for you. What’s the saying?

“better to keep ur mouth shut and let people think ur an idiot then opening ur mouth up and proving it?”

lazyboy97o

And i from the get go has stated capacity is the major issue maybe you are just too blind to see those countless posts ive made stating that. But again Genie is awful and if what you state is true. I rather have 3 rides booked prior than having to scramble every day at 7am to book 1 ride at a time etc… that is not even debatable.
You can say it and then still actually ignore it. You are again assuming the system could even support giving you three and that they wouldn’t be booked right away, forcefully adjusted or even cancelled. You’re ignoring the impact doing that would have on crowding.

UpAllNight

Two questions:
1. Did you have express pass?
2. How can you “expect” a crowd level to allow “chill week”?

We’ve just done a week at Cabana bay (so no express) followed by 2 weeks at Caribbean Beach. Overall we had a great time at both but the contrast in experience is very stark. I’d encourage people to experience both back to back to see what I mean.

I can’t anticipate crowd level, but I can anticipate

An hours early entry to the parks

Not needing to reserve restaurants and decide what I want to eat weeks or months in advance

Not needing to decide what park I want to go to in advance. I can wake up and think “I fancy that today”

Queues which aren’t inflated by half the park having express / Genie +

I can drop out of the park, go to another, and return at my leisure - soon seemingly not an option at Disney.

i don’t get charged $15 to experience their best ride

I’m not here to troll , but the more people defend Disneys attack on the experience of what it is to go to Disney, the more they should expect push back.

I prefer Disney overall, but I have to say Universal is just more my idea of a good time when I think of what it means to be on vacation. Who needs that level of planning in their life? I’m guessing most visit as a form of escapism - everything Disney are doing recently conforms to the daily routine people are going on vacation to escape from. Tiring.

Jeff4272

FP+ numbers didn’t work, but only for some, not for all. It worked great for me. And I would buy the 3 extra for $50pp with no tiers and it was awesome. We never waited for one ride ever.

But I now understand why it didn’t work for you. What’s the saying?

“better to keep ur mouth shut and let people think ur an idiot then opening ur mouth up and proving it?”
I understand the video. While it saved you time in one line it added to others. But the problem is, the times were disproportionate. I’d save hours in the popular rides and lose minutes in the others.

I’m hoping ur smart enough to understand that concept. But maybe I’m expecting too much.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We’ve just done a week at Cabana bay (so no express) followed by 2 weeks at Caribbean Beach. Overall we had a great time at both but the contrast in experience is very stark. I’d encourage people to experience both back to back to see what I mean.

I can’t anticipate crowd level, but I can anticipate

An hours early entry to the parks

Not needing to reserve restaurants and decide what I want to eat weeks or months in advance

Not needing to decide what park I want to go to in advance. I can wake up and think “I fancy that today”

Queues which aren’t inflated by half the park having express / Genie +

I can drop out of the park, go to another, and return at my leisure - soon seemingly not an option at Disney.

i don’t get charged $15 to experience their best ride

I’m not here to troll , but the more people defend Disneys attack on the experience of what it is to go to Disney, the more they should expect push back.

I prefer Disney overall, but I have to say Universal is just more my idea of a good time when I think of what it means to be on vacation. Who needs that level of planning in their life? I’m guessing most visit as a form of escapism - everything Disney are doing recently conforms to the daily routine people are going on vacation to escape from. Tiring.
Ok. I can see that.

I’m also gonna guess you’re from the UK?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You can say it and then still actually ignore it. You are again assuming the system could even support giving you three and that they wouldn’t be booked right away, forcefully adjusted or even cancelled. You’re ignoring the impact doing that would have on crowding.
So then let people pre book 2 of them… anything is better than Genie!!! Maybe again allowing people to choose times is the x factor. I dk but i do know this. I used Genie basically a month after it was introduced w reduced crowds & less people paying for Genie & it sucked. Plain & simple you want to argue or debate that. Go look in the Mirror and do it with yourself. Its also been said Genie wont go away until 2023 bc they dont want to give away refunds and change system just yet. Thats just irresponsible of a billion dollar company willingly giving the customer an awful product out of laziness. Go ahead defend that one to. This company by looking to make changes already has admitted they effed up. So why not try something that worked already and tweak that a little?!? All i do know is this Genie stinks and does NOT work. Everything else is heresay…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I understand the video. While it saved you time in one line it added to others. But the problem is, the times were disproportionate. I’d save hours in the popular rides and lose minutes in the others.

I’m hoping ur smart enough to understand that concept. But maybe I’m expecting too much.
Nope. You didn’t concentrate on the negative capacity problem…which is why it bogged all lines down across the board. Even for you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So then let people pre book 2 of them… anything is better than Genie!!! Maybe again allowing people to choose times is the x factor. I dk but i do know this. I used Genie basically a month after it was introduced w reduced crowds & less people paying for Genie & it sucked. Plain & simple you want to argue or debate that. Go look in the Mirror and do it with yourself. Its also been said Genie wont go away until 2023 bc they dont want to give away refunds and change system just yet. Thats just irresponsible of a billion dollar company willingly giving the customer an awful product out of laziness. Go ahead defend that one to. This company by looking to make changes already has admitted they effed up. So why not try something that worked already and tweak that a little?!? All i do know is this Genie stinks and does NOT work. Everything else is heresay…
Dude…

Genie ain’t going away. They may change the fees and then the name to take the “stank” off it…

But it’s gonna be maxpass 3.0/genie 2.0

You’re not gonna put that back into the bottle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom