Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

Any reason to hope for a pre-reserve option being added, similar to the old FP+ but paid? Or is everything on the table right now?
This is the one thing thats a deal breaker for my family.........If we cannot pre book, we wont be back...........Im not paying tens of thousands of dollars if i have to wait 90+ mins for the headliners......

the other is getting up at 7am every day (but they go hand in hand)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Genie+ has some serious major flaws and one I’ve been experiencing this week is when rides go down, then you feel like what major not be worth it becomes much less worth it. If they raise the prices, and you know they will, then how do they control this without more anger?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Genie+ has some serious major flaws and one I’ve been experiencing this week is when rides go down, then you feel like what major not be worth it becomes much less worth it. If they raise the prices, and you know they will, then how do they control this without more anger?
imo no matter how much they raise prices they will still "sell out" and the system will still be terrible & for peopel who dont/cant use it will be stuck on basically the same long lines anyway.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
imo no matter how much they raise prices they will still "sell out" and the system will still be terrible & for peopel who dont/cant use it will be stuck on basically the same long lines anyway.
I’m not an expert on how to fix this system, but I do have a lot of ideas that are better than what they currently have like most of us do which is what amazes me. How can they be so incompetent when they have a ton more data than most of us to know how to best design something? Is management and their IT department just that bad?

If more focus was put on the guest experience rather than more $ in their corporate pockets, it would be a good start.

Disney is losing or has lost touch with the common guest and even more so the long time frequent visitors and I think it’s going to start showing up soon once the return from Covid vacations ease

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I’m not an expert on how to fix this system, but I do have a lot of ideas that are better than what they currently have like most of us do which is what amazes me. How can they be so incompetent when they have a ton more data than most of us to know how to best design something? Is management and their IT department just that bad?

If more focus was put on the guest experience rather than more $ in their corporate pockets, it would be a good start.

Disney is losing or has lost touch with the common guest and even more so the long time frequent visitors
Could not agree more with you.... when i 1st used it and saw how bad it was a month after the rollout i was baffled & said basically the same thing. They tried to reinvent the wheel they created and somehow made it worse and we get to pay for it as well.

KingdomofDreams

Just hearing about Premiere Access Ultimate at DLP starting tomorrow? Supposedly one entry per attraction with no time slot required. Can anyone confirm this?

pdude81

I'm interested to see how this works (or doesn't). In WDW people would try to use all their passes in the middle of the day and both the LL and standby would be terrible. Then again, at $140 per person I'd imagine the number of passes sold would drop way down.

Honestly I'd rather they go to ILL for everything with time reservations instead of the untimed aspect. That makes the line waits impossible to estimate.

mmascari

So were people able to still buy G+ for today starting at midnight yesterday? Any reports of it being sold out this morning?

• Guests may be able to purchase Disney Genie+ service the day of their park visit and make their first Lightning Lane selections at 7:00 AM.

Looks like they're still trying to minimize expectations for Genie+ Lightning Lane
On average, Guests can enter 2 to 3 attractions or experiences per day using Lightning Lane entrances, if the first selection is made early in the day.

Disney Glimpses

I just want to say that I know this is a frustrating time for everyone. Genie+, Park Pass and AP suspensions combined with supply chain constraints and COVID closure related staffing issues have led to an experience, that as a Disney fan, really kinda puts a knot in your stomach. I'm not in a position of power by any stretch by I am confident that this time will be viewed as an unfortunate blip in the past. They will find a stable ground to land on - on all counts. It's just going to take some time. Likely a couple of years.

Jrb1979

I just want to say that I know this is a frustrating time for everyone. Genie+, Park Pass and AP suspensions combined with supply chain constraints and COVID closure related staffing issues have led to an experience, that as a Disney fan, really kinda puts a knot in your stomach. I'm not in a position of power by any stretch by I am confident that this time will be viewed as an unfortunate blip in the past. They will find a stable ground to land on - on all counts. It's just going to take some time. Likely a couple of years.
It may be true that happens. IMO it might be too late. A lot of hardcores are opting for other things now and some have switched to Universal instead. If Epic Universe is open by the time Disney fixes it's problems it's going an issue.

Many can understand the staffing issues as it's a problem everywhere. The issue many have is why revamp so much of what worked. Reservations aside, which is needed due to staffing, a lot what has been implemented wasn't needed.

Disney Glimpses

It may be true that happens. IMO it might be too late. A lot of hardcores are opting for other things now and some have switched to Universal instead. If Epic Universe is open by the time Disney fixes it's problems it's going an issue.

Many can understand the staffing issues as it's a problem everywhere. The issue many have is why revamp so much of what worked. Reservations aside, which is needed due to staffing, a lot what has been implemented wasn't needed.
I wish I can agree but I've seen this story play out way too many times. People will come right back. The WDW experience is just too wonderful to let go of entirely; even with this mess.

People often compare Universal's attractions to WDW's. And then I remember all those times I visited the parks without riding a single attraction and still had the best day.

Disney Glimpses

Just my own personal opinion of course but this is what I have long hoped for at WDW. Seems the perfect solution to me. Provides the more expensive option for those who do not want to have to schedule time slots while still offering the less expensive option to purchase on an individual attraction basis for those who don't want, or can't afford, the ultimate.
FWIW, they are more amenable to a product like this. They are surveying guests right now on this very topic. Concessions will need to be made re: VIP tour business though. But at this point, I think it may actually happen because Genie+ is just that bad for them.

KingdomofDreams

I wish I can agree but I've seen this story play out way too many times. People will come right back. The WDW experience is just too wonderful to let go of entirely; even with this mess.

People often compare Universals attractions to WDWs. And then I remember all those times I visited the parks without riding a single attraction and still had the best day.
I think people are really tired of Disney management's excuses. They use everything they can to excuse their own greed and bad decisions. They really have lost their touch with what has made Disney what everyone has always loved. I don't mind spending my hard earned money there, but I do expect a good value for my money. I truly hope they do offer the plans above as it would imo enrich the experience for everyone if managed and limited appropriately.

edited due to accidentally hitting enter before finished typing LOL

Last edited:

pdude81

FWIW, they are more amenable to a product like this. They are surveying guests right now on this very topic. Concessions will need to be made re: VIP tour business though. But at this point, I think it may actually happen because Genie+ is just that bad for them.
Wouldn't they have to sell at a much higher price like Universale typically does in that case. If they doubled the price of G+ and limited/cut sales in half, or transitioned to all individual purchases then I think they'd make just as much money as they are now but keep the "flexible" nature intact.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
In your educated and knowledgeable opinion and im not disagreeing with you on why there are some problems now but how much of this current nightmare is truly because of years of neglect and not understanding the parks have not had enough capacity for way to long and its finally caught up to them with all the cancelled projects etc and overlays as opposed to actual additions?

KingdomofDreams

Most people do not want to be on their phones all day while on vacation and in the parks. Scheduling and stressing about making time slots makes that a necessity. That is a big complaint of my own but I see and hear it everywhere. When people travel to WDW on vacation they want to relax, arrive when they can, leave when they feel like it , and just tour the parks at their leisure taking in and fully enjoying all the atmosphere and the magic that is (was) Disney parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom