Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

I'd prefer paying a flat fee per ticket as a "front of line pass" for one ride on each ride, anytime of the day.
Yes it would be expensive, we wouldn't do it for every park day, but we'd pay once for at least a couple parks.
But what I mean is, they have a system they know that worked to a certain degree. The main complaint was too many people had FP+ so it slowed down the standby line. If you charge for FP+so only 1/3 to 1/2 if the people buy it, wouldn’t that solve all the issues in theory?

Less people in FP+ line so standby continually moves. Planners and people willing to pay can.

kalel8145

So let me get this straight. Disney wants me, a guest who has been at the parks all day enjoying himself and is now exhausted, to stay up until midnight to purchase Genie plus, then they want me to wake up at 7 am to make reservations for the Genie Plus Lightning Lane rides to potentially use it for 2-3 rides? Whomever is in charge (Chapek) must be sadistic. Like really, what the heck?
Yes

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
But what I mean is, they have a system they know that worked to a certain degree. The main complaint was too many people had FP+ so it slowed down the standby line. If you charge for FP+so only 1/3 to 1/2 if the people buy it, wouldn’t that solve all the issues in theory?

Less people in FP+ line so standby continually moves. Planners and people willing to pay can.
That would be my quick solution to this problem. Go back to the previous FP+ system and charge $25pp/pd and see how that does for now. Could even keep ILL separate/additional

Jeff4272

Would have to be $50-$100 and resort guests still get 60 day window.

If only 1/3 are buying then there should be plenty of availability for people to buy day if

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

So let me get this straight. Disney wants me, a guest who has been at the parks all day enjoying himself and is now exhausted, to stay up until midnight to purchase Genie plus, then they want me to wake up at 7 am to make reservations for the Genie Plus Lightning Lane rides to potentially use it for 2-3 rides? Whomever is in charge (Chapek) must be sadistic. Like really, what the heck?
Yeah, the higher-ups at modern disney do not give a flying hoot about guest satisfaction, like, at all. It’s squeeze as much money from you as fast as possible, and then get out and don’t come back because we have plenty more “once in a lifetime” travelers behind you to take your spot.

Fido Chuckwagon

Management is NEVER going to admit they made a mistake by ditching Genie+ and going back to FP+. Never never never never.

kalel8145

Management is NEVER going to admit they made a mistake by ditching Genie+ and going back to FP+. Never never never never.
Introducing a new experience. With purchase of Genie +, for $25 you can upgrade to super mega Genie + fastpass. This allows you to book 3 fastpass experiences 60 days ahead of your stay. After the the 1st three you can book additional fastpass experiences for only $1.50 each experience.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Scheduling 60/30 days out? Other than that what’s the main difference?

* Ability to pick a return time
* Ability to change your time

Those are the big two, in addition to the pre-planning.

It doesn't have to be 30/60 days out either - they could allow resort guests to prebook their first LL for the day a week before, to allow them to avoid the daily 7 AM mad dash, for example.

Patcheslee

* Ability to pick a return time
* Ability to change your time

Those are the big two, in addition to the pre-planning.

It doesn't have to be 30/60 days out either - they could allow resort guests to prebook their first LL for the day a week before, to allow them to avoid the daily 7 AM mad dash, for example.
I'd assume they would have to do at least 2 weeks out to account for international visitors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom