Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Basil of Baker Street

So....... 'bout that Genie+.......
john goodman smh GIF
I do wonder how G+ is working out this week.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think @Chi84 was just pointing out that using the laugh emoji on posts to show derision is specifically against forum rules, and people have been banned for repeatedly ignoring that.
People should be able to either argue without resorting to insults or walk away if they can’t. There is also the report button if you feel a post warrants it.
And FWIW I don’t much like the tone of either poster’s recent comments, so I am not “taking sides”. I don’t think @Chi84 intended to either. I took it simply as a reminder of the rules.
That's absolutely the case. There have been warnings in several threads about inappropriate use of the laugh emoji, but not everyone posts in every thread so it may have escaped some people's notice. As you pointed out, posters have been banned from posting in threads for ignoring this particular rule of forum etiquette. Unlike insults and personal attacks, I don't believe inappropriate use of the laugh emoji is explicitly mentioned in the forum's terms and rules (which do state they are not exhaustive), so it's possible posters simply may not be aware. I'm definitely not taking sides in any mud-throwing contests; I think they're all a waste of time and don't add anything substantive to the discussion.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’m going to say… this is as likely as Chapek returning the dream lights to the castle. Unless of course they send out a press release trumpeting the return of Disney’s Cinderella Castle Dreamlights. A magical celebration of 10 strands of lights around one turret.
You're forgetting the most important point: ROI.

Those lights will be infrared LEDs, and you'll have to buy a special Mickey visor to see them. $39.99, one size fits all.

GimpYancIent

That's absolutely the case. There have been warnings in several threads about inappropriate use of the laugh emoji, but not everyone posts in every thread so it may have escaped some people's notice. As you pointed out, posters have been banned from posting in threads for ignoring this particular rule of forum etiquette. Unlike insults and personal attacks, I don't believe inappropriate use of the laugh emoji is explicitly mentioned in the forum's terms and rules (which do state they are not exhaustive), so it's possible posters simply may not be aware. I'm definitely not taking sides in any mud-throwing contests; I think they're all a waste of time and don't add anything substantive to the discussion.
Some of the posts are actually entertaining and hilarious thus the laughing emoji is quite appropriate.

Chi84

Premium Member
Thank you, you beat me to it. I'm not surprised I was policed and the man wasn't. 🤷‍♀️
I'm not sure what you mean, but people don't necessarily keep track of gender here. I was mistaken for a man earlier in this thread - no big deal. Probably best to think of everyone as "they."

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They’re currently building a hotel that seeks $5k/2 nights. I’m not sure how well they’re evaluating long term right now. Which is probably part of the problem.
IT'S NOT JUST A HOTEL!!!

Sorry - didn't mean to shout like that.

It's a two-day Star Wars role-playing experience that just happens to include food and lodging along with the story line and scripted/free-flow activities.

Think cruise mixed with escape rooms and a theme park visit aligned in a common thread of experience.

hopemax

Probably not bad since most people are headed home. At least I think the parks are slower now that Christmas is over.
Nope, the week between Christmas and New Years is traditionally one, if not the busiest week of the year. Busier than the days leading up to Christmas. Long before park reservations, My Disney Experience and FP+ were a thing Cast Members have been blocked out most of those days in most of the parks. Before Pandora you could visit AK up to 12/25 and Epcot up through like 12/26. This year, only Epcot was open after 12/18, but it's blocked out the rest of the week.

Disstevefan1

Disney will continue to make changes to the system as needed with no notice.
In my opinion, monetized priority access is here to stay, whatever form it evolves into.

G00fyDad

Nope, the week between Christmas and New Years is traditionally one, if not the busiest week of the year. Busier than the days leading up to Christmas. Long before park reservations, My Disney Experience and FP+ were a thing Cast Members have been blocked out most of those days in most of the parks. Before Pandora you could visit AK up to 12/25 and Epcot up through like 12/26. This year, only Epcot was open after 12/18, but it's blocked out the rest of the week.
My mistake. I was thinking that I read someplace that the week after Christmas was always one of the slower weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom